chapter 13

We Belong Together Forever

‘Go out on a date with me tonight’

 

I got a text from him which surprised me. I didn’t know he is a romantic type of guy who go on dates but he sure is different right now…

 

‘Date? You sure?’ I replied.

 

‘Yeah, of course. I’ll pick you up at seven and dress beautifully’ he texted back.

 

I was feeling confused but excited at the same time. Finally, I can go on a date with him! It has been my dream and it really came true now. I check on the time and its only two more hours to go.

 

Oh crap! I screamed in my head.

 

I sprinted as fast as I can towards my closet and quickly scanned through my clothes to find a decent dress that I could wear for the date. 15 minutes later, I finally found a beautiful dress that I don’t remember having. I lay the dress carefully on top of my bed and went to the bathroom to take a shower. It took me about an hour and half to get ready and now I’m done with everything.

 

A few minutes later, I hear a car honking outside my house which means he’s here. I quickly went to the full body mirror that I have and give myself a double check.

 

Hair checked.

 

Make up checked.

 

Dress checked.

 

Heels checked…

 

Oh! I almost forgot my lipstick.

 

I search through my make up bag to find a matching lipstick for my make up and apply it to my lips.

 

Perfect!

 

I grabbed my purse and check my belongings before stepping out from my house. I was greeted by the view of him leaning besides his sport car. I have to admit he looks super hot and cool with those fit to body shirt which wraps his build body perfectly. I just can’t stop admiring him…

 

‘You look beautiful and this is for you’ he said, taking out a bouquet of colorful roses from his back.

 

‘Thank you’ I smiled and accept the flower.

 

‘After you my lady’ he said while opening the passenger's door for me.

 

I get inside his car and soon after he closed the passenger’s door, he went to the other side of the car and enter the driver seat. We then drove off to the place where we are going to have our date. I did ask him where we are going but he keep saying that it’s a secret. We enjoyed each other’s company in the car, we talked about lots of things like how’s mine and his work today and so on. We even listen to the radio while singing our hearts out. Well, what can I say? I have known this man since kindergarten, my childhood best friend who has become a mature, handsome, grown up man now and who knows that I’m going on a date with him.

 

The drive was not very long before we finally reached our destination which is a fan-

 

 

“Fuhhh fuhhhh” I suddenly heard the sound of someone blowing my book, causing the pages to flip on its own which disturbed my imagination.

 

I immediately know who did this, well its no other than Mr. Kwon Jiyong besides me. I only took a glance at him and went back to reading my book.

 

 

The drive was not very long before we finally reached our destination which is a fancy restaurant. Apparently, he has booked us a seat here so we don’t have to go through the waiting list.

 

When we reached our table, he pulled out the cha-

 

 

*Poke* *poke*

 

I felt someone poking my shoulder which distracts me from my imagination again but this time I choose not to bother him. But as I try to keep focused on reading, Jiyong seemed to annoy me more as he started blowing the pages of my book while poking me non stop.

 

“Yah! What are you doing?? I’m about to have a dinner date with the love of my life but now you ruined it!” I yelled at him, putting down my book.

 

“I’m bored noona” he said while trying to make a sad puppy face which is quite cute but I’m not going to fall for it.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be studying instead of annoying me?” I said, glaring at him.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be teaching me instead of reading your book and ignoring me noona?” he said, mocking my question before.

 

“Yah! You’re the one who is having a quiz tomorrow and I did teach you but you didn’t pay attention so it’s your fault Ji. Just a reminder, tonight is the performance at the café so if you don’t study now then it’s your loss. Don’t blame me if you get bad score” I said, closing my book.

 

“But I’m bored noona… We’ve been studying for 2 hours straight. I hate studying this long” he whined.

 

Today is actually the day where me and Jiyong are scheduled to perform in the café that he booked before. We have been practicing for a few days together with Bigbang which was very fun and exciting, I have learned so much from them and I started to be able to overcome my stage fright. But right now, instead of practicing before our performance, I was stuck here in Jiyong’s house for 2 hours straight trying to teach him for his quiz tomorrow. I don’t understand why he still needs me to tutor him on his math quiz when he is already so good in it, I even looked at his previous math quizzes and tests and all of them are in pretty satisfying score but he keeps pestering me around, insisting that I should tutor him because he didn’t understand some parts.

 

Just when I’m about to lecture Jiyong about being lazy and not focusing on his study, the door bell of his house rang.

 

“Who’s that?” I asked, confused. Jiyong didn’t tell me before that he’s going to have a guest today. Who might it be?

 

“I’ll go get the door” he said, standing up.

 

He walked out of the living room and walk towards the door. A few seconds later, I decided to join him too since I’m curious about the guest. Whoever the person is, he or she must be an impatience person because that person keeps ringing the door bell repeatedly.

 

“I’m coming!” Jiyong yelled and finally the bell stopped ringing.

 

Jiyong went to the cupboard besides the door, opened the drawer and search for the key for the door. After a few minutes he lifted up a bunch of keys and one of them must be the door’s key. He seemed to know already which key is which and he immediately inserts the right key and open the door. Several clicks were heard before the door is finally opened and it revealed the person behind it.

 

“Surprise!!” an older girl dressed in a very fashionable clothes, carrying tons of shopping bags and whose face seems familiar to me, shouted to Jiyong with her hands shot up high.

 

“Dami noona?!? Is that you??” Jiyong shouted in disbelief.

 

Ah… so that’s why she looks familiar. She’s Jiyong’s older sister, the girl I saw in Jiyong’s family picture at his living room. I said to myself.

 

“Yes it’s me Jiyongie!” Dami unnie said happily while stretching her arms widely to hug Jiyong.

 

I found myself smiling a bit after hearing Jiyong’s sister calling him with such nickname. It makes Jiyong look like he’s still a baby brother to his sister.

 

“I miss you noona! What brings you back?” Jiyong said while returning his sister’s hug happily.

 

“Well I have a break for 2 weeks from college and I decided to come back home and I wanted to give these to you, its from mom” she said while lifting up the shopping bags that she has been holding.

 

I stand behind them silently watching this little family reunion that is touching yet dramatic because they keep repeatedly hugging each other. Jiyong even totally forget that I still exist there and his sister hasn’t even notice me until now.

 

I was about to head back to the living room when suddenly his sister notices me.

 

“Who is this Ji?” she asked, looking at me from head to toe.

 

“Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Noona, this is Bom and Bom this is my sister Dami” Jiyong introduces me to her sister.

 

“Hello, I’m Bom, Park Bom” I introduced myself and bow a little bit.

 

“Is this the Park Bom that you told me about Ji?” she whispered to Jiyong but enough for me to catch what she said.

 

Jiyong nodded and I can see that his sister’s face suddenly lightens up and she flashed a big smile towards me, making me confused with the sudden changes of her expression.

 

“Oh my God, hello Bom! I can’t believe I finally meet you in person. Jiyong told me many things about you and I was getting curious about who you are and now I finally get the chance to see you in person” she said to me happily while walking towards me and give me a hug too.

 

Jiyong told his sister about me…? I replayed his sister’s words inside my head.

 

“Its nice to meet you too unnie” I said, returning her hug.

 

“Well, what are you guys doing here? Am I interrupting something important?” she asked.

 

“No, not at all noona. In fact, you saved me from the most boring thing that ever happened in my life. Bom noona made me study for 2 hours straight! She’s mean” Jiyong whined like a little kid to his sister.

 

“Yah, it’s not my fault that you have a quiz tomorrow and you’re the one begging me to tutor you” I said, sticking my tongue out at him while folding my hand in front of my chest, pretending to be mad.

 

“You’re both so cute together” Dami unnie chuckles.

 

“No way!” both me and Jiyong said in unison which earns another chuckles from Dami unnie.

 

 

------

 

 

“Noona, Bom and I will head out now” Jiyong said to his sister.

 

“Oh? Where are you guys going?” she replied.

 

“We have a performance in a café later noona” Jiyong explained.

 

“Really?? Can I come and watch you guys? I’ll drive you there” she asked excitedly.

 

“Sure unnie” I said to her and she squeals happily. Sometimes, I didn’t think that Dami unnie is older than me… she would always act like a little girl when she’s happy.

 

The three of us got into Dami unnie’s car and we leave for the café which is located not far from our residence. Tonight, we will be performing together with Bigbang and we have agreed to sing one of their song that Jiyong wrote when they were still in one group. They didn’t get the chance to perform it together before because when the song is finished, they have already disbanded.

 

It took us 20 minutes' drive to the café due to the little traffic and luckily we got here earlier, which means we can still prepare for the performance. Me and Jiyong quickly went to the backstage as the other Bigbang members are waiting for us there while Dami unnie went to the audience’s seats.

 

When we reached the backstage, Bigbang greeted us cheerfully and give us a hug too. I really like it when I hang out with them, they are so friendly, cheerful and funny at the same time which is kind of entertaining for me.

 

“So, are you ready noona?” Seungri asked, smiling at me.

 

“Yeah, I think so” I said, nervousness starting to grow inside me.

 

“Hey, are you nervous noona?” Jiyong turned me around to face him. I can see that concern is written on his face.

 

“Yeah… a little bit” I said.

 

“You can do it noona” he held both of my hands suddenly while flashing me a warm smile. A smile that can assure me that I can do this.

 

“Ji, you’re up in 2 minutes” the manager of the café showed up at the door to tell Jiyong before walking away again. He seems busy.

 

“Alright guys! It’s performance time, gather up guys make a circle” Jiyong announced.

 

Every member of Bigbang including me started to make a small circle and Jiyong joins the circle.

 

“We can do this guys. Get out there and do our best! But remember, don’t forget to have fun” Jiyong said which earns a several nods from everyone.

 

“Okay 3… 2… 1” Jiyong counted.

 

“Let’s go!” we shouted together in unison with our hands shot up high.

 

We take our positions behind the red curtain that separates the stage and the audience. I took my position behind the standing microphone and take a deep breath. The director of the stage started counting down before finally, the curtains opened, causing me to hold my breath for a few seconds. It then revealed the audiences and to my surprise, the café is crowded with people. Mostly teenagers who came since this café is very popular among the young people. Dami unnie has taken the front seat which is not far from the stage and I saw her cheering at us by mouthing the word “hwaiting!” while clenching her fist up in the air.

 

Jiyong looked at me for a few seconds and as if we can communicate telepathically, I immediately know that he is asking whether I’m ready or not. I automatically nodded at him, telling him that I’m ready and he quickly look back to give a start signal to the other band members.

 

I hear Daesung counting to 3 by hitting his drum stick 3 times before finally playing the drum and the music started to be heard. We are singing “Haru Haru” which was written by Jiyong, the original song does not have a female part but Jiyong told me that I could sing the chorus of the song. Jiyong began the song by rapping and then Seunghyun also sings after that. The unique thing about Bigbang is that all of the members get the chance to sing while they are playing the instruments. The song goes on until my part came and thank God I manage to sing my part perfectly. I can see as we sing the song, the audiences began to wave their hands in the air slowly, following the rhythm of the song. Seeing that the audience enjoyed our song, I started to feel happy and more relaxed.

 

After Haru Haru ends, we have decided to sing a more uplifting song which successfully entertain the audiences. They were all moving their body to the rhythm, some of them are standing up from their seats and some of them even went in front of the stage to dance. I feel so happy seeing the audiences enjoy themselves like this, I personally also enjoyed the music as I dance around the stage with Jiyong and also I had a very big smile on my face throughout the performance.

 

After we finished our performance, we slightly bow and say thank you to the audiences while they cheered and clapped so loudly at us.

 

 

-------

 

 

“Congratulations guys!!” someone yelled.

 

Everyone turned around to see who that person is and turns out it’s Dami unnie. Me, Jiyong and Bigbang members are currently gathering around at the back stage and we are having a mini celebration there for our success tonight.

 

“Dami noona!!! You’re back!!” suddenly Seungri shouted loudly like a little kid and ran as fast as he could towards Dami unnie and hug her.

 

I can see the surprised look on Dami unnie’s face when Seungri suddenly yelled and hug her like that. He hugs her so tight that she could barely move her body.

 

“Yah! What are you doing? Let go of me I can’t breathe!” Dami unnie scolded while trying to free herself from Seungri’s arms.

 

“Oh? I’m sorry noona…” Seungri pouts and let go of his hug. We all chuckled at the sight of them.

 

“When did you come back noona? Why did you come back? And why are you here noona? Did you come here to watch me perform??” Seungri immediately turns back to his hyper personality and starts attacking Dami unnie with questions.

 

“Yah! Stop asking so much questions” she scolded Seungri again which shuts him up immediately.

 

“Well, I came back here this afternoon. I came back because I have a break for 2 weeks from college, basically I’m on my vacation. I brought you guys some souvenirs but I didn’t know that you’re here so I left it at home, I’ll give it to you guys tomorrow. And no Seungri, I didn’t come here to watch you. In fact, I didn’t know you guys are going to perform too. I thought it was just Jiyong and Bom. But you guys did a great job!” she continued, giving us a thumbs up.

 

“Thank you noona!” all of the Bigbang members including Jiyong said in unison.

 

“And Bom, I didn’t know you have such a great voice!” she said, facing me.

 

“Of course noona! Bom noona is amazing!” Jiyong said while giving me a thumbs up and a very wide smile. Everyone in the room nodded in agreement also.

 

“Thank you all” I smile shyly and slightly bow to them.

 

“How about a barbecue party tomorrow night to celebrate our success??” Youngbae suddenly speak up.

 

“Sounds great hyung! We can do it together in Bigbang’s old basecamp! Just like good old days plus Bom noona here as the new addition” Seungri suggested.

 

“Well, that sounds like a plan then! The meat will be my treat” Dami unnie said which make the boys shouted happily.

 

Unknowingly, I smiled at the sight of them happily. Dami unnie seems to know them very well and even though I’m still new here, I feel welcomed by them. I turned to my side to face Jiyong who is already looking at me with a smile which makes me smile even wider. I don’t know why I feel so happy that night. With them, I feel the happiness that I once lost before is slowly returning back to me. In fact, I felt them starting to crawl back to me after Jiyong has entered my life…

 

I am looking forward for the barbecue party tomorrow!