Jonghyun/Key #2

Drabbles & More

author's note: for this prompt - “If you keep looking at me like that we won’t make it to a bed.”

 

Jonghyun can’t describe his relationship with Kibum. Well, actually, there’s a term for it according to popular culture, but he doesn’t really like the sound of friends with benefits. It’s too superficial for Jonghyun’s liking. They’re more than that; their is too. Besides, the idea itself sounds too complicated. What Jonghyun has with Kibum is rather simple. They’re the best of friends who give in to their mutual ual attraction to each other.

You can even say they’re emotionally involved (at least Jonghyun is) but they’re neither dating nor in a relationship with each other. Interestingly, they’re also not seeing anyone else, both of them very much single and available with no potential suitors. They’ve been like this for almost a year and it has come to the point that Jonghyun doesn’t even know what he’s doing anymore. Kibum obviously means the entire world to him and yet he isn’t making him mean so much more.

Staring at the gorgeous man who is standing at his doorstep, Jonghyun is just beyond confused and unable to understand why they aren’t together already.

“Aren’t you going to let me in?”

“Huh?”

Lost in his thoughts, Jonghyun is still, well, confused.

Kibum smirks, “If you keep looking at me like that we won’t make it to a bed.”

“Since when did we ever make it to a bed?” Jonghyun laughs, asking the first question that comes into his mind.

“That’s true… so…” Kibum steps forward, right into Jonghyun’s personal space, and slowly runs his hands up Jonghyun’s chest and around his neck, “How about your sofa today?”

“Sounds like a good idea but before that…” Jonghyun places his hands on Kibum’s waist and easily twirls him into his home, “Kibum ah, we need to talk.”

“Talk?” Kibum raises an eyebrow in question, “What’s there to talk about?”

“Us.”

“Us?”

“Mmhmm,” Jonghyun nods, “I was thinking… we shouldn’t just around anymore.”

Kibum frowns, his hands relaxing and slipping off Jonghyun’s shoulders, “But you just agreed to-”

“No, not in that sense, Kibum… What I mean is-” Jonghyun takes in a deep breath and smiles nervously, “We should date.”

As understanding dawns on Kibum, the corner of his lips tug upwards into a crooked smile.

“Are you asking me to be your boyfriend, Kim Jonghyun?”

“Something like that?” Jonghyun answers awkwardly.

Kibum pretends to think for a moment just to make Jonghyun more nervous than he already is but it’s a moment that lasts for only a few seconds because the answer is obvious. It’s only the question that should have been asked ages ago.

“I guess I don’t mind being your something-like-that.” Kibum casually replies with a shrug.

“So you’re saying yes?” Jonghyun’s eyes widen in anticipation.

Kibum grins, “Yes.”

Jonghyun lets out a laugh, relieved, as he comments out loud, “That was… easy.”

“Yeah, well, if you had just asked me straight, we wouldn’t even be talking right now.”

“I’m sorry?”

“Never mind,” Kibum accepts Jonghyun’s apology as he s Jonghyun’s jeans and pulls the zip down, “We’ll just have to do without today.”

Jonghyun sadly sticks his bottom lip out, “But that’s my favourite part…”

“Urgh fine, skip the and I’ll cuddle you after.”

“Deal.”