Minho/Key #4

Drabbles & More

author's note: for this prompt - “Have you lost your damn mind!?”

 

“Kibum, come on, they’re bound to find out sooner or later so it’s best if we just-”

“Have you lost your damn mind!?”

With Kibum raising his volume at him, Minho officially shuts up, his shoulders sagging as he lets out a breath, looking every bit like a kicked puppy.

“They’re not our parents!”

“But they’re still family…” Minho mumbles.

“That doesn’t mean we have to tell them everything, Minho.” Kibum shivers at the thought of the rest of shinee finding out about their relationship, “There’s really no need for them to find out about us.”

Sitting next to each other on Minho’s bed, Minho looks thoughtfully at Kibum for a long moment before he asks, “What are you afraid of, Kibum?”

“I’m not afraid of anything.”

“You are.”

“I’m not!”

“You are!” Minho insists with a shout, certain that he’s right this time as he repeats himself, “You’re afraid that we won’t get their blessing, that they won’t be supportive of us… you’re afraid of the opinions that they may have but Kibum, you should know that-”

“I’m not afraid!” Kibum snaps, losing his temper once more as he glares at Minho, “Don’t think you know me that well, Choi Minho!”

“But I do.” Minho cups Kibum’s face in his hands and forces him to look at him, “I know exactly what you’re thinking.”

Kibum pushes Minho away and is about to give him a piece of his mind when the door to Minho’s room flings open.

“For heaven’s sake, guys, stop arguing. We already know!”

It’s Jonghyun’s voice that joins the shouting but when both Minho and Kibum turn towards the entrance, it’s not just Jonghyun who’s back in the dorm. Taemin and Jinki are there with him too, albeit looking both awkward and uncomfortable.

“Why the hell is everyone back in the dorm?” Kibum asks the exact question that is on Minho’s mind.

“Did you forget that we have a performance scheduled tonight?”

It’s only then Kibum remembers that their manager had arranged to pick them all up from the dorm so they won’t waste time traveling to more than one place. That’s why Kibum himself is back in the dorm as well, although a little earlier than everyone else since he wanted to spend time with Minho and make sure he’s recovering well from his injury (not expecting them to argue in the end).

“You forgot, didn’t you?” Just one look at Kibum and Jonghyun knows he’s right, “Well of course you would since you were busy fighting with Minho over something that isn’t even a concern anymore.”

“You guys… know?” Minho finally speaks up.

All three members nod.

“Taemin?” Minho looks at their maknae who always seem to be in his own world.

“FYI, hyung, you two are so fcking obvious that it’s even hard for me to act clueless sometimes.”

Minho’s lips part in surprise while Kibum looks away embarrassed.

“Why do you think Taeminnie and I moved out?” Jonghyun quips.

“That reminds me,” Jinki joins the conversation with a laugh, “Now that this is out in the open, why didn’t you take Minho with you when you moved out, Kibum ah? I was so happy when you said you found an apartment. I thought I could finally get the dorm to myself but…”

Jinki’s eyes land on Minho as he lets out a sigh, “Nope. It’s been weeks but he’s still here… and also a liability since he got himself injured.”

“Hyung!” Minho is hurt.

“Just kidding, I love you Minho.” Jinki says but then quickly covers his mouth as if he has made a mistake, “Oops, don’t get the wrong idea, Kibummie. I would never-”

“Not funny, hyung.” Kibum narrows his eyes at the leader and stops him before he can continue teasing them.

He then turns towards Minho and slaps his boyfriend hard on the arm in front of everyone.

“You said I was afraid right?” Kibum asks without expecting a reply, “Well, congratulations, you’re right. But the only reason why I’m scared is because those three idiots are never going to stop teasing us now. See what you’ve done!”

“Kibummie…”

Kibum shrugs Minho off and walks straight out of the room, the other three members naturally making way for him once they see an angry Kibum heading towards them.

“Guys…” Minho sighs and pleads, “You can tease me all you want but can you please leave Kibum alone?”

“We’ll try.” Jonghyun answers for the team with a smile before they all disperse from Minho’s room, going back to doing their own things now that the show was over.

 

It’s almost three hours later when Minho receives a text message. He expects it to be a simple message from Kibum assuring him that he has got home safely after their performance but the text which is indeed from his boyfriend makes Minho groan out loud instead.

I’m breaking up with you.

Minho swears he’s going to murder his beloved members one by one.