Minho/Key #10

Drabbles & More

author's note: for this prompt - "Can you do a Minkey story where one of them is having a "Good day". Lol, meaning Minho or Key is being cute molesting a bum."

 

“Kibum!”

“Yeah?”

“Can you lend me a hand, baby?”

On usual days, Kibum would do anything for Minho as long as he calls him baby. Hey, don’t go thinking that Kibum is weak or useless. Try hearing that deep, y voice of Minho call you baby and you will understand why Kibum always ends up utterly defenseless. Tonight though, he’s too comfortable being one with the sofa to help Minho. In fact, Kibum is already drifting off to sleep, hardly able to keep his eyes open. No thanks to his musical (or actually, himself, since he always performs his all) for draining most of his energy.

Then again, ‘In the Heights’ is also the reason why Minho is at his apartment now so Kibum is still very much grateful for his musical. Actually, make that all of his musicals since they always remind Kibum how loyal, supportive, caring and well, essentially, perfect his (boy) friend is. How else can he describe Minho when he always finds time out of his busy schedules and never fails to attend each and every one of his musicals?

Before Kibum moved out, they would usually head back to the dorm together but tonight, Minho has followed Kibum back to his apartment with no questions asked. Kibum originally had big plans to cook for them and spoil Minho like he deserves to be. Yet the moment he threw himself on the sofa upon reaching back home, any thought of cooking or even lifting a finger (much less, a hand) disappeared into thin air. Kibum didn’t even have to say anything for Minho to decide to order in for them. With a phone call, their dinner was settled. And as Kibum continued lazing on the sofa, Minho went on to make himself busy; much to Kibum’s dissatisfaction since he wanted to use Minho’s lap as a pillow but Minho couldn’t sit still and went walking around his apartment instead.

Which brings them back to this situation.

“Kibum… Some help here please?!”

Kibum reluctantly lifts his head, stretching his neck, to finally give Minho the attention he wants.

“Hmmmm?”

Still on the sofa, Kibum’s even too lazy to speak but at least his eyes are on Minho. He finds his boyfriend standing on the third highest step of a ladder he doesn’t even know he has, just below a light that he doesn’t recall needs changing (judging by the new bulb Minho is holding in one hand). All this is not important though when Kibum sees something he likes very much.

“Seriously, Kibum, I really need you right now.”

Coupled with those words, Kibum finally finds a reason good enough to leave the comfy sofa.

“Alright alright, I’m coming…”

Kibum walks to where Minho is and naturally holds the side rail with one hand, just to make sure the ladder’s more stable, before he looks up at his boyfriend with a grin.

Minho returns a smile, thankful that Kibum is finally here to help him, as he passes the new bulb to him, “Hold this for me so I can change the bulb.”

“Sure…” Kibum takes the bulb from Minho with his free hand but his eyes are distracted by something just in front of him.

“Thanks Bum.” Minho naturally says as he then concentrates on unscrewing the faulty bulb.

However, his concentration is broken three seconds later.

“Kibum!” Minho’s eyes are as wide as saucers as he turns back as quickly as he can afford to without losing his balance to look down at Kibum in surprise, “Did you just bite my ?!”

Kibum meets Minho’s eyes with the most bewildered expression he could muster.

“What on earth are you talking about?” Kibum questions, looking at Minho like he has lost his mind, “I’ve just been standing here, holding the bulb for you and making sure you don’t lose your balance.”

Minho frowns, “You mean you didn’t-?”

“Didn’t what?”

Minho falls silent, seemingly thinking to himself for a moment, before he shakes his head and mutters under his breath, “I swear, I thought I felt… Never mind.”

Without even confronting Kibum again, Minho shrugs it off and goes back to focusing on changing the light bulb.

As soon as Minho’s back is facing him, the corners of Kibum’s lips curl up as he smirks to himself.

It’s not Kibum’s fault that Minho’s is looking way too cute, to the point that he couldn’t resist that sudden strong urge to bite the fleshiest part of his . Although he did get a mouthful of Minho’s black pants, being able to sink his teeth into that cute cheek of Minho’s is satisfying enough.

Kibum doesn’t regret his crazy decision one bit.

And well, Minho doesn’t have to know.

“Mine…” Kibum ponders out loud as he openly admires Minho’s with a proud smile.

“What?” Minho asks upon hearing Kibum say something.

At the same time, he gestures for Kibum to pass him the new bulb, but not before getting Kibum to take the faulty one from him.

“Nothing…” Kibum does the exchange and makes up an excuse, “Just wondering when our food will arrive, that’s all…”

“It should come any minute.” Minho replies sincerely as he carefully climbs down the ladder, “You hungry?”

“A little.”

“Yeah, I’m hungry too.” Minho answers and then adds as an afterthought in a mumble, “Maybe I’m so hungry that I’m imagining things…”

It’s in that moment that Kibum realises how painful it is to hold back a laugh.

Pretending that he hasn’t heard what Minho has said, Kibum quickly turns away and goes back to the sofa, avoiding any eye contact with Minho just to make sure there’s no chance of them going back to the topic.

There are just some things Minho doesn’t have to know, and this is one of them.