Minho/Key #11

Drabbles & More

author's note: for this prompt - "I never thought I end up in jail." - "I never thought I end up in jail with you!"

 

 

 

No one except Minho and Kibum themselves understand the way their relationship works. They aren’t exactly like normal couples who are seemingly always so fond of each other, constantly appearing all lovey-dovey and making their love for each other obvious for all to see. In fact, if any average person sees them together, it would feel more reasonable to believe that they detest each other. The truth is though, they are a couple and in reality, have been together long enough to actually get married. It’s just that the way they show their love for each other is somewhat different from usual.

You see, testing Minho’s limits is among the top on the list of things Kibum loves. (Well, besides Minho himself of course.) But this is exactly what makes their relationship different from other couples. Unable to accept how his boyfriend is always so prim, proper and decent in the public eye, Kibum enjoys putting Minho’s self-control to the test so he can see a different side of his seemingly perfect boyfriend. You can say it’s even Kibum’s life ambition to make Minho crack and basically lose control.

Ever since they started dating, Kibum loves annoying and teasing Minho just to get him all riled up. It’s almost as if they are enemies. Watching Minho suffer is one of Kibum’s guilty pleasures. He gets a kick out of it when Minho’s expression changes for the worse. Even the slightest reaction from Minho is oddly satisfying for Kibum. Perhaps knowing he has such power over Minho encourages Kibum to test boundaries. However, it’s easier said than done especially when Minho knows just what Kibum is trying to do. But of course, Kibum is more than happy to accept the challenge.

In fact, Kibum gives Minho his biggest challenge to date when he travels to San Francisco for a week. Being apart for 7 whole days when they’re usually together 24/7 is not the issue though. What’s most difficult for Minho to deal with is all of his pent up ual frustration accumulated day after day simply because Kibum is purposely texting and sending him y, dirty, inappropriate messages, voice recordings, photos and short videos during their time apart.

Minho would never think he would be this desperate for Kibum but that sneaky boyfriend of his certainly has him under his thumb right now. It has come to the point that Minho almost booked the airport hotel just so he could get his hands on Kibum right after fetching him from Incheon airport. Yet, he doesn’t even have the chance to check room availability at the nearest hotel because Kibum has just sent a text casually informing him that he is already back in Seoul. Before Minho can get over his surprise and bombard Kibum with questions, Kibum has gone on to send him another message, but this time, together with a photo of the back view of himself in skin-tight jeans.

Does my look good in this?

There are only two words that pop into Minho’s mind as soon as he sees the photo.

yes.

Texting suddenly becomes a chore that Minho doesn’t have the time for and so, he calls Kibum in the next second.

“Why didn’t you come home first?!”

“Oh hey baby, sorry, the latest collection arrived today so I thought I’d come straight to the store and check what they have to offer.” Kibum casually answers as if he doesn’t know how frustrated he has been making Minho all week, “You wouldn’t be interested in shopping with me anyway right?”

With Kibum looking so sinfully attractive in those jeans, Minho thinks he would choose shopping over everything else. Obviously, he keeps his thoughts to himself and concentrates on asking the all-important question.

“Where are you?”

“You wanna join me?”

Minho can hear the surprise in Kibum’s voice but at the same time, his intuition tells him that Kibum is faking it. He can even picture the smirk Kibum would most probably have on his face right now.

“Kibum.” Minho calls his boyfriend’s name sternly, making it clear he neither has the patience nor time to play games.

“I’ll text you the address.” Kibum replies immediately, clearly stifling a laugh, before he hangs up.

In record time, Minho finds himself in the store Kibum is supposedly shopping at and does a quick scan of his surroundings. It’s off-peak hours and there are only a handful of shoppers browsing through the clothes while a number of sales staff are busy at work, some attending to customers while others are organizing stock.

Kibum is nowhere to be seen but Minho knows just where he is. Without wasting another second, Minho blindly grabs a shirt and heads straight towards the fitting rooms. Once inside, he calls Kibum again but doesn’t wait for him to answer. Instead, he holds his phone away and listens closely for the sound of Kibum’s ringtone, carefully walking past each fitting room to try and find his boyfriend. Thankfully, Kibum’s ringtone is loud and distinct so Minho finds him easily. Just as he stops in front of a room where the ringtone is the loudest, Kibum answers the call.

“Are you here already?”

Bingo. The second that Minho hears Kibum’s voice, he confirms that it’s the correct room and doesn’t hesitate to slide the curtain open, just enough for him to go inside.

“Hey stranger,” Minho sneaks into the fitting room, closes the curtain behind him and successfully surprises Kibum, “I see you’ve changed out of the jeans…”

As Kibum gasps in shock, Minho easily traps him, pressing him against the wall.

“You’re not supposed to be in here!” Kibum shrieks, eyes wide as he stares at Minho, stunned and suddenly finding it a little hard to breathe.

“You look better in that pair you showed me.” Minho’s hands sneak their way to Kibum’s and feels how loose the material of the current pair he’s trying on is, “This one isn’t the right size.”

“Stop molesting me, you ert!” Kibum weakly tries to push Minho off him but it’s a half-hearted effort since he’s honestly enjoying this aggressive side of his boyfriend.

Minho laughs, stealing a kiss from Kibum’s lips, “You asked for it.”

“If I knew you couldn’t wait-”

“You teased me for a week, Bummie,” Minho groans, trailing kisses down Kibum’s neck as he goes on to emphasize in between kisses, and bites, “That’s seven whole days of me having to see but not touch.”

Kibum clutches Minho’s shoulders tightly as he gets reacquainted with sensations he hasn’t felt in a week and counting, “What happened to self-control, Mr Choi?”

“Thrown out of the window because of you, Mr Kim.”

Kibum would have laughed out loud if not for the fact that one of Minho’s hands has found its way down his pants.

“We’re in public, Minho.” Kibum reminds breathlessly (uselessly), trying his best to utter those words before his legs go weak.

“Then you better do something about your loud moans.” Minho whispers hotly into Kibum’s ear before pressing a light kiss on his jaw.

Kibum bites Minho on his shoulder as revenge.

“That hurts!”

“Stop whining and take these jeans off me.” Kibum retorts, “I can’t afford to stain anything that belongs to this store.”

Minho smirks, “I’d gladly take all your clothes off.”

“Less talking, Ming, more-”

Kibum finds himself losing his voice when he hears the sound of someone clearing their throat.

Both Kibum and Minho fall completely silent as they await their impending doom.

“Excuse me Sir, I’m afraid I have to ask you to step out… with your partner.”

Boy oh boy are they doomed.

 

It’s almost an hour later when Kibum and Minho find themselves in yet another enclosed space; still together, but now, certainly not as fancy as the fitting room in the store.

“I never thought I end up in jail.” Kibum mutters as he leans against the rough wall.

“I never thought I end up in jail with you!”

“Really, Minho?” Kibum glares at his boyfriend, “You’re the one who got us in this mess just because you couldn’t keep it in your pants!”

“May I remind you that I wasn’t the one caught with my pants down?”

Kibum narrows his eyes at Minho as he seethes, “You’re lucky we’re in jail and I can’t afford to be charged with murder right now.”

Minho smiles apologetically, “Relax, baby… we’ll be fine.”

“How does this look fine to you?!”

“It’s only for the time being, Kibum, we’ll be out soon.”

“Alright then.” Kibum huffs as he turns away and faces the wall, “Until we get out, we are not going to say a word to each other lest I end up killing you.”

Luckily for Minho, their jail time doesn’t last long as the authorities decide to let them off with a formal warning (having taken their statements) considering it’s their first offence and well, technically, they weren’t caught in the act. Neither of them could be charged with indecent exposure either since they had come out of the fitting room properly dressed. Eventually, all they have to do is sign some paperwork and before they know it, both Kibum and Minho are out of jail and breathing fresh air again.

“Well… that was anticlimactic.”

Yet, with these four words, Minho ends up learning the hard way that being in jail with Kibum is way better than living together with Kibum who treats him as invisible.

Because that’s exactly the fate he suffers for the following week (and still counting).