Minho/Key #7

Drabbles & More

author's note: for this prompt - "I wish you would write a fic where minkey and Minho is such a sub for kibum the rebel" ahh i love this idea so much and was really excited to write. though i have to say, i’m not sure if i understood this correctly and if this is what the anon had in mind… hopefully it is. it’s just something short, and i guess if you guys enjoy it, i’ll look forward to writing more~ happy reading everyone! ^^♥

 

There’s only one thing (or rather, person) that can wake a heavy sleeper like Choi Minho up at 2 in the morning. It’s almost a miracle actually. Minho can sleep through all sorts of noises and havoc happening in his neighbourhood but once the custom ringtone he has set for Kim Kibum sounds, he opens his eyes like he has just blinked, mind as alert as can be, and is up reaching to answer his phone in a flash.

“Hey gorgeous, what are you doing?”

“Nothing…”

“Great, wanna come pick me up?”

“Where are you?”

“The police station.”

There’s a pause on Minho’s end of the line while Kibum laughs like he hasn’t just dropped a bomb. Truth be told, Minho doesn’t even know why he’s still shocked considering that this isn’t the first time Kibum has ended up on the wrong side of the law. For heaven’s sake, he has even posted bail for the guy before.

“What happened to your car?” Minho calmly asks, rubbing his face as if he needs to wake himself up more for what’s about to come.

“I got caught drink driving.” Kibum answers like he’s telling a joke.

“Right.” Minho sighs, wondering why he even bothered to ask, “Where do I pick you up?”

“Gangnam.”

“I’ll be there in 15 minutes.”

“I knew I loved you for a reason.”

These are words he dreams to hear but Minho ends the call with a heavy heart. He knows Kibum does, love him that is, but it’s not the way he wants him to. They’re in what others would describe as a toxic relationship. Nothing about what they have with each other is good; All Minho does is give while Kibum just takes, takes and takes. Being in love with Kibum means being under Kibum’s thumb. It’s an unhealthy love and yet even when Minho knows this, knows Kibum is bad for him, he can’t do anything about it. At the end of the day, he’ll always drop everything and be there for Kibum whenever he needs him.

 

“You’re awfully quiet.”

Keeping his eyes on the road, Minho sinks his teeth into his bottom lip and resists the urge to talk to Kibum.

“You have nothing to say to me?”

Minho remains silent and tries his best to pretend that he’s too busy concentrating on driving.

Unaffected by Minho’s attempt to ignore him, Kibum smirks and reaches out to place his hand on Minho’s thigh, “You’re so hot when you’re angry.”

Just like that, Minho loses, his entire body tensing up at Kibum’s touch.

“I’m not angry.” Minho replies coldly.

It’s enough that his body has betrayed him, he doesn’t need to make himself more defenceless by showing his emotions on his face.

Kibum laughs while he moves his hand downwards, closer to Minho’s crotch just to tease his driver a little more, “Whatever makes you happy, Minho yah…”

“Get your hand off me, Kibum.”

“Well, someone’s feisty tonight.” Kibum comments, amusement in his voice, as he actually listens to Minho for once and takes his hand back.

“One of us has a driving license to keep.”

Kibum lets out an obnoxious laugh, “That’s true. I guess I’ll just have to wait until we get back to my place then.”

“We?” Now this catches Minho off-guard.

“Uh huh,” Kibum smiles, “Do you really think I’m that horrid a person to only call you when I need you? I’ve always let you in on the good stuff too…”

Minho knows where this is going, and he doesn’t like it one bit, especially when the good stuff Kibum is referring to is the stash of party drugs that he regularly enjoys. The drugs are not what Minho hates the most though. What angers him more is how he always lets himself get dragged into Kibum’s bad ideas to make them both high and delirious. Needless to say, things never go well. Even if Minho gets all of Kibum to himself for one night, it always ends in regret the morning after.

“Kibum ah…”

It’s at a red light when Minho finally looks at Kibum properly for the first time that night but finds himself weak and unable to say anything more when Kibum sends a disarming smile his way.

“What do you say, Minho yah?” Kibum asks in a honeyed voice, “Stay with me tonight?”

Minho swallows hard and looks away, turning his concentration back on the road. He doesn’t give an answer out loud but both he and Kibum already know they won’t be sleeping alone tonight.