Minho/Key #14

Drabbles & More

author's note: inspired by this and this.

 

 

It’s another ordinary day where Kibum and Minho are going through their usual routine of having lunch at a nearby mall before they return to their apartment. 

They are making their way to the car park with Kibum using his phone and Minho, as always, walking beside him and providing a comforting presence. Kibum is distracted from browsing through Instagram on his phone when he feels Minho’s arm wrap around his waist and gently steer him towards the right. 

“What? Isn’t the car park that way?” Frowning, Kibum looks up and gestures to the left.

Minho simply smiles and points to the photo booth they always walk past but never cared about, “Shall we?”

“Huh?” Kibum is confused, “What for?”

Minho doesn’t answer and instead, takes Kibum’s hand and leads him towards the photo booth. Once they are just outside the photo booth, Minho comes behind Kibum and places his hands on Kibum’s shoulders to gently push him in.

When he has Kibum seated inside, Minho quickly follows behind and draws the curtain, successfully shutting them out from the outside world.

It’s a pretty tight squeeze inside the booth but they fit perfectly right next to each other.

Although Kibum allows his boyfriend to bring him into the photo booth, he still doesn’t understand why his usually practical lover suddenly wants to have a go at the photo booth. 

“Minho... this is a waste of money. We can just use our phones. There’s plenty of effects we can use on Instagram or TikTok-”

“Come on, Kibummie, just indulge me. For once.” Minho pleads, widening his already big eyes that he ends up looking slightly comical.

“... alright...” Kibum can’t help but smile, and shakes his head helplessly, “Do you have the cash?”

“Ah.” Minho stills, one hand reaching into the pocket of his jeans, “I only have my credit card.”

“Idiot.” Kibum laughs, and then mumbles while taking out his wallet, “I should have enough on me...”

“Great.” Minho lets out a breath, watching Kibum as he leans forward and figures out how to operate the photo booth.

“Ok, we only get 3 shots in total.” Kibum inserts the last coin, and activates the photo booth, “Are you ready?”

A countdown of 5 seconds appears on the screen.

“Now or never.”

“What are you-” Kibum turns to look at Minho, and the sight in front of him has his heart racing.

Kibum’s eyes grow big. Everything around him blurs and yet, one thing that remains clear is the image of Minho holding up a ring and smiling at him.

“Marry me?”

A flash goes off.

“You idiot.” Kibum nods, his vision becoming blur as his eyes well up with tears, “I love you.”

Just as Minho puts the ring on Kibum’s fourth finger on his left hand, another flash goes off but nothing can distract them from this moment.

“Now, you’ll be mine forever.” Minho smirks as he cups Kibum’s face in his hands, and closes the distance between their lips.

“I’ve always been yours.” Kibum mumbles against Minho’s lips before he kisses his boyfriend, no, fiancé... husband-to-be.

The last flash goes off.

It takes a bit of time before they both step out of the photo booth, giddy with emotions, and their minds still trying to wrap around what just happened. 

Amazingly, Kibum remembers to collect their photo strip and when he sees the photos they took, Kibum thinks the money was well spent after all.