Minho/Key #6

Drabbles & More

author's note: for this prompt - “We’re in the middle of a thunderstorm and you wanna stop and feel the rain?”

 

It’s a long drive from Seoul to Daegu but the moment Minho sees the smile on Kibum’s face when his boyfriend steps out of his family home, Minho believes this trip is worth it. Feeling anxious, nervous, excited but scared all at once, Minho can’t sit still and chooses to come out of his car despite the dark, heavy clouds looming above and the strong wind that messes his hair once he opens the car door. Nothing is going to stop him from receiving Kibum with his arms wide open. As if infectious, a similar smile grows on Minho’s face as he watches Kibum quicken his pace and eventually run straight into his arms to give him the tightest hug ever.

“I take it that things went well?” Minho chuckles as he drops a kiss on the top of Kibum’s head, his arms circling his boyfriend’s waist.

“Nope.” Kibum answers without hesitating, sounding happier than expected, before he moves back just enough to surprise Minho with a quick kiss right on his lips, “It went exactly as imagined. My parents went completely silent, umma started crying and appa looked like someone had died but Minho… I feel so happy. Is it wrong that I feel this happy? I did it, Minho yah, I finally told them and I’ve never felt better.”

Minho sees the happy tears threatening to fall from Kibum’s eyes and it gets him emotional too. Taking in a deep breath, Minho cups Kibum’s face gently and leans his forehead against his.

“It isn’t wrong…” Minho smiles as he Kibum’s face with his thumb, “We’re not a mistake… we deserve to be happy too. Just… give them time. They’ll come around.”

Kibum shakes his head, “It’s okay, Min, it’s alright if they don’t. I’m just happy that I don’t have to live a lie anymore, that we aren’t a secret anymore. All this while they assumed I just couldn’t find the right girl, and how they thought you were just my roommate… now they know.”

“You told them about me too?” Minho asks, surprised.

When Kibum had earlier discussed this with him, he had only mentioned his decision to come out to his parents. Telling them the truth about their relationship was certainly not in Kibum’s original plan. Just think about it, finding out that their only son is gay is already so much to take so imagine the amount of shock his parents have to deal with when they realise the guy Kibum has been living with for three years is actually his boyfriend as well. Clearly, it’s just too much information for his old traditional folks.

“I did…” Kibum bites his bottom lip worriedly, “It just came out… like word vomit. Even our plans to get married and have kids one day. I told them everything. That’s okay right?”

“Of course it is, Kibummie.” Minho kisses Kibum on his forehead before he mutters out loud, “I’m just surprised no one got a heart attack…”

Kibum lets out a laugh but quickly stops short when he realises his parents’ health is probably not a laughing matter. Coincidentally, lightning strikes at that moment, with a loud rumble of thunder following after, and both Kibum and Minho naturally look up at the overcast sky.

Feeling raindrops on his skin, Minho takes Kibum’s hands in his and quickly leads his boyfriend towards the passenger seat.

“Come on, let’s go before the rain gets heavier. We’ll talk more on the way back home.”

”Minho, wait.” Kibum stops and tugs Minho’s hand just before he can reach to open the car door.

“What is it?” Minho turns back, a frown now on his face because all of a sudden, it actually starts to pour and they’re both getting soaked in the rain.

“Lock the car, let’s go for a walk.” Kibum suggests even though he can hardly keep his eyes wide open with the rain hitting him and rolling down his face, “We’re already wet… might as well enjoy the rain, don’t you think?”

It’s been barely a minute but Kibum is already drenched from head to toe, his hair matted down and sticking to his forehead. Needless to say, Minho is in the exact same situation, his clothes sticking to his skin and outlining his athletic physique. However, unlike Kibum who’s smiling so brightly, Minho is staring at his boyfriend as if he has lost his mind.

“We’re in the middle of a thunderstorm and you wanna stop and feel the rain?” Minho questions in disbelief with a hint of amusement in his deep voice.

“It just makes everything real, Minho.” Kibum explains, laughing as he starts spinning both Minho and himself around, happily splashing in the puddles, “Now it feels as if this is really happening. We’re going to remember this day forever.”

“You- no, we’re going to catch a cold.” Minho smiles defeatedly, trying to hold Kibum still so he doesn’t slip and fall, “The only thing we’ll remember is being sick if we don’t get into the car right now.”

“You’re such a killjoy.” Kibum huffs and openly shows his displeasure of Minho dampening the mood by narrowing his eyes at his boyfriend and refusing his touch, shrugging his hands away, “You go home then. I’ll just enjoy this by myself.”

“Alright, alright.” Minho laughs, finding Kibum absolutely adorable when he is annoyed, and easily gives in, “Five minutes then.”

Kibum shakes his head, “10 minutes, and I’ll let you kiss me… how does that sound?”

“Sounds like that kiss scene from The Notebook.” Minho ponders out loud, saying the first thing that comes into his mind.

There’s a glint of mischief in Kibum’s eyes but before Minho even notices it, Kibum has jumped into his arms, swiftly wrapping his legs around Minho’s hips and securing himself steadily in Minho’s strong arms that are already instinctively holding his weight up.

“I guess this is why you spend so much time in the gym…” Kibum quips as he looks down at Minho with a smirk, “I’m impressed.”

“More like I need to fatten you up.”

The way Minho’s eyebrows furrow tells Kibum his boyfriend is being completely serious and may even be coming up with plans to make him gain weight already. And so, before these thoughts can turn into actual plans, Kibum quickly stops Minho’s brain from functioning the only way he knows how to.

He kisses his boyfriend hard and fast, rendering Minho completely breathless and unable to think about anything except him, them, the feel of their lips and tongues against each other.

Talk about catching a cold, Kibum thinks as Minho takes control of the kiss; at the rate they’re going, they’ll only feel hot and bothered in this thunderstorm.