Chapter 2: The Swap

Roles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Either the couch was cold or Chanyeol forgot to get his own blanket. He woke up at five in the morning, one hour before his alarm rung. He rubbed his eyes and stretched his arms before he looked around. He stopped at the front, where the television showed static. He must have passed out on the couch while watching a movie with Baekhyun. Speaking of Baekhyun, he was still sleeping like a baby on the couch opposite him. They got three hours before they had to move out, so he took this opportunity to have a morning shower.

 

He walked into his bedroom, seeing Jongin and Kyungsoo sleeping soundly. He felt sorry for Kyungsoo that he might have gotten too far. For now he'd try to give him space as long as he could. He reached for his towel and went into the bathroom.

 

Once he’s done showering, he walked out from the bathroom, still drying his hair with the towel. He hesitated for a moment when he noticed Kyungsoo was already awake and he kept looking at him. Chanyeol avoided his gaze and grabbed his clothes.

 

“I’m surprised how early you woke up.” Kyungsoo spoke.

 

“It was a comfortable sleep. I’m surprised that you did too.”

 

Kyungsoo looked away. “I was awaken by the sound of the water running in the bathroom, and I was wondering who was showering.”

 

“And now you know that person is me. Are you going back to sleep?” Chanyeol asked while pulling his shirt down.

 

“No. I got breakfast to do.”

 

Chanyeol turned to him. “You need a helping hand?”

 

Kyungsoo considered the offer before he nodded. “After shower. Will you wait?”

 

“Of course. I’ll be at the kitchen.” Chanyeol finally dressed up and walked out from the room, leaving Kyungsoo got himself ready to shower.

 

Chanyeol has taken out some frozen bacons and eggs from the refrigerator and took out the frying pan, plates and cups. They have one hour to prepare breakfast for nine people. They got enough time. By the time Kyungsoo walked in the kitchen, Chanyeol was boiling the water.

 

“Ingredients are ready, chef.” Chanyeol beamed at him.

 

Kyungsoo could only nod and put on the apron. As usual, he didn’t buy Chanyeol’s joke. He kept focusing on frying the bacon while Chanyeol carefully brewed a tea for everyone. After a moment of silence, only sound of the frying been heard, Kyungsoo began to speak.

 

“Where were you last night? You didn’t go back to your bed.”

 

Chanyeol blinked on the question. He didn’t know Kyungsoo really care for that.

 

“I ended up sleeping on the couch while watching a movie. It’s a good movie though, but probably I was tired I passed out early. Can you believe that Baekhyun and I didn’t even turn off the television? If we didn’t get up this morning, Joonmyeon-hyung might found out we wasted the electricity. Pretty lucky because I don’t want to hear ten minutes of lecturing from him.”

 

All Chanyeol heard in return was a short ‘hn’ from Kyungsoo and the atmosphere went silent again. Chanyeol thought Kyungsoo was still needed some peace of mind since yesterday, so he didn’t continue. He finished brewing the tea and waited for Kyungsoo to finish frying the bacons.

 

“I talked to Joonmyeon-hyung and he said there would probably two beds on each room, so if you want to stick with Jongin it’s fine.” Chanyeol said.

 

Kyungsoo nodded and continued frying.

 

“... Are you still mad at me, Kyungsoo?” Chanyeol’s question made Kyungsoo sigh.

 

“I’m not. You were asking obvious questions.” Kyungsoo replied with a flat tone.

 

“And you still need to get informed with obvious answers. All I want to hear is your opinion.”

 

Kyungsoo turned to Chanyeol, a little annoyed.

 

“Do I have to answer every single question you ask? If you want to talk to someone, there’s plenty of people in this dorm you can talk to. I need to focus on the bacon and the egg, I'm trying to not to get them burned.”

 

“But they’re all still asleep.”

 

“Chanyeol.” Chanyeol’s mouth completely shut when Kyungsoo called his name. “It’s almost six in the morning, and they should wake up by then. Don’t worry about the food. I can handle it.”

 

Then Kyungsoo went back focusing on his cooking. Chanyeol stood there stunned for a moment, didn’t know what to say. In the end, he forced a smile, trying not to make the situation more awkward. He gave a small ‘okay’, before he left to his room to wake Jongin up.

 

They didn’t know their conversation been heard by the vocalist of the group. Baekhyun was still lying on the couch with his eyes open. He heard everything and he felt bad for Chanyeol when Kyungsoo tried to push him away. He didn’t blame Kyungsoo for that because food is indeed serious business but that just went too far. Baekhyun knew Chanyeol longer than anyone else, Chanyeol probably was hurt deep inside right now and he was going to bet Chanyeol will be less talkative this morning.

 

 

During breakfast Chanyeol was unusually quiet but none of the members noticed this. He didn’t even know Baekhyun was watching him from time to time. They had less than one hour to pack everything, so they started to place their bags near the entrance door. Joonmyeon reminded them to check everything before their vans arrived. Chanyeol seemed little bit more cheerful when he helped their members but eventually went quiet when he confronted Kyungsoo.

 

“The van is here! It’s time to go!” Joonmyeon called their members.

 

All of them started to load their bags into the van. They’re going to miss their dorm but they just pretended that they’re out for few days according to the schedules, just like when they left to China. Chanyeol entered the van before Joonmyeon and took the seat next to the window. He also made sure he’s not on the same van with Kyungsoo, or else he would make him uncomfortable. In the middle of their way to the said location, Chanyeol was quiet once again. Joonmyeon mostly talked about future schedules but no one noticed the tall member hadn't spoken a word. Not even interrupt Joonmyeon.

 

They reached the said location about half an hour from their old dorm. To their surprise, they were moving into a high class apartment. The manager rented two dorms sinc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter