Chapter 8: Bad Infection

Roles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s past two days and Chanyeol felt like dying for not being with s around to talk to and the body he was wearing rejecting his will to move. He did take Kyungsoo’s advice on relieving his throat by swallowing pills. He was getting better, but what came next, he caught a terrible cold. He kept sneezing in the studio, and apparently the room was full of tissues. What made it worse tonight was the night, he’s going to the drama location according to the schedule. He can’t be sick. He didn’t want to postpone the schedule.

 

Perhaps he blamed himself for getting sick by the weather. It’s been raining lately. There will be rain tonight, but the managers ensured him they will make it before the rain falls. So by then, he had to look healthy or fine before people will be worried about his sick condition. He got up wearily from the couch and reached for his backpack. He scanned through the pockets, looking for specific medicines and then he let out a low groan because he didn’t bring any of them.

 

Looks like he has to call his manager to buy them. After he made the call, he looked at the time and it is lunch hour. He didn’t feel like eating anything, but he had to get rid of the sickness in his body. Pushing himself up, he looked himself in the mirror. He winced immediately as he saw his own pale skin. He looked so sick. Without wasting any time, he grabbed and wore the black hoodie before walking himself out from the studio.

 

The cafeteria wasn’t crowded, as he expected. Only staffs who work here and... some of his seniors were having lunch. Chanyeol didn’t want to get spotted, especially when his indifferent body. He quickly grabbed sandwich rolls at the counter, enough to cover the hunger until late evening. Then he went back to the studio, quietly eating the sandwich rolls. He took a bite and his face beginning to scrunch up. The taste didn’t seem right. It was awful. Perhaps the taste bud did a thing when people are sick, but he kept going. He finished up the food, even though his stomach was rejecting them.

 

His body was still burning. It’s like living in hell.

 

 

Kyungsoo was all smiled up when he cooked their lunch. Spaghetti with mushroom soup, who would say no to these lovely dishes? The members said once they wanted Kyungsoo’s spaghetti, because he made it the best compared to the others. So what he did was putting all his love to the dish and served to the members. Of course he will save up the rest for Chanyeol when he got back. Most of the members were busy consuming the food, while the elders seemed to notice the change.

 

“Is it just me or Chanyeol is back to himself?” Jongdae whispered to Joonmyeon.

 

Joonmyeon shook his head curiously while Baekhyun drew a smirk. “Nope. He’s still Kyungsoo we knew.”

 

The duo turned their heads to Baekhyun, as he sipped the mushroom soup happily. He was glad that Kyungsoo finally returned to his old self. Kyungsoo have started to show the change since yesterday. He began to smile a lot, helped a lot, and being useful a lot. He also caught up with the rap lines within three tries, which was amazing.

 

Baekhyun almost couldn’t tell that he was speaking to Chanyeol or Kyungsoo, because Kyungsoo had turned himself ninety percent of Chanyeol. As for the ten percent, well, is his behavior. Kyungsoo didn’t talk as much as Chanyeol, but the smile on the face would suffice.

 

“Sehun-ah, can you teach me this line later?” Kyungsoo pointed Sehun a lyric on the note.

 

“Sure, after I’m done with lunch, hyung?”

 

“Okay, thanks. Take your time. I’ll be in your bedroom.” Kyungsoo smiled brightly and excused himself.

 

Sehun watched him walk away from the kitchen until he’s out of his sight, then he scurried over the dining table, almost dropped the spoon he was holding.

 

“Am I imagining things? Kyungsoo-hyung isn’t being himself!” Sehun widen his eyes of disbelief.

 

Baekhyun smacked lightly on Sehun’s head. “That’s Kyungsoo being nice to you, .”

 

“Language, Baekhyun. And he was certainly being nice all of sudden since yesterday. What did you do to him, Jongin?” Joonmyeon asked.

 

Jongin surrendered. “Not me. I was surprised too.”

 

Joonmyeon observed the latter if he was lying, and found out the way Jongin spoke, it was obvious he didn’t know a thing. So he believed him. What’s left was the mischievous puppy Baekhyun, who seemed to be smirking since beginning.

 

“Baekhyun.”

 

“What? I don’t know anything.”

 

“Byun Baekhyun.” Joonmyeon pressed the name, and Baekhyun finally stopped eating.

 

“Fine.” He leaned on his seat. “It was Chanyeol. Two days ago, he had this mind reading thing going on. He called me to check on Kyungsoo, because he said he’s sort of ‘broke’ him.”

 

Everyone else seemed to stop eating as well. They were more interested in the conversation. Joonmyeon paused a while before he continued. “I have a hunch to know where this is going.”

 

Baekhyun leaned forward and lowered his voice. “When I came down to this dorm, you guys were sleeping. And guess what? Kyungsoo was still on the balcony, crying.”

 

Everyone blinked. “Am I hearing this right? ‘Crying’?” Jongin said in disbelief.

 

Baekhyun leaned back. “Yeah. He was crying alone. No one was there for him. I was shocked, to be honest, but he got better. If Chanyeol didn’t tell me to get him, I don’t know what will happen to him.”

 

The members looked at each other, before Joonmyeon concluded. “I want you guys to keep watching him. That includes me too. Kyungsoo may look fine from the outside, but we don’t know what his mind will say otherwise. Sehun-ah, we need your distractions.”

 

“No need to ask. I got this.” Sehun finished up his lunch and walked himself out to spend hours with Kyungsoo.

 

 

Chanyeol didn’t know how long he’s been passed out, but his mobile phone alarm woke him up. He groaned as he sat up, reaching his phone to turn it off. Waiting for another minute to register what was happening, he remembered about the drama recording. And he had about half an hour to prepare. He stood up and dragged his feet towards the large mirror. He looked to himself and noticed his eyes were red. His body was still tired, needed more rest, but he was unsure he will rest more when he returned to the dorm.

 

His lines were short anyway and he was confident that he could pull this one off. Reaching for this backpack for clothes, he took a quick shower, and then make-up to cover his pale face. He couldn’t do anything for the red eyes, so he assumed they will get better when he got there. Popping up some paracetamol, he took a last glance at the mirror.

 

“I can do this.” He whispered to himself before calling his manager to drive him to the recording location.

 

The members didn’t call him since yesterday, since Chanyeol requested of them not to call due to his schedule and his condition. He didn’t want them to know what he’s sick. If Kyungsoo knew about this, he will certainly rage and Chanyeol didn’t make the same mistake.

 

It was a success. Chanyeol managed to pull himself became the character in drama within an hour of recording, just before the rain started to drizzle. The director made the final call to wrap up all the film equipments before storing them in the van. Chanyeol bowed and thanked to the drama producers and staffs for their hard work, but he couldn’t forget that few people that he met told him that he was different today.

 

“Kyungsoo-ah. What’s wrong with your eyes?”

 

“Wow, Kyungsoo. You smiled and laughed a lot this time.”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter