Chapter 5: The Tall’s Role

Roles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“One... Two... Three... Four... and move... Move... Move...”

“Ah!”

Jongin and Yixing were doing fine, but all of them got startled with a loud 'thud' sound.

“Hyung!”

Jongin stopped to check on the giant who apparently fell on the wooden floor. The giant was wincing in pain, as he rubbed his foot. Yixing walked to turn off the music before heading over to the fallen giant. That evening on the same day; Kyungsoo, Jongin and Yixing were having a dance practice in the studio located on the ground floor of the apartment. They were far from the other members since Kyunsoo had to replace Chanyeol’s place. However, it was the sixth time that Kyungsoo stepped on his own leg and tripped. He almost couldn’t feel his legs as he massaged them.

“Hyung, you can’t go on like this. Let’s take a break.” Jongin placed his hand on the older’s shoulder.

“Don’t push yourself. You’re still not used to the body yet.” Yixing added.

Kyungsoo continued to rub his long legs as he shook his head.

“I don’t want to be left behind. Please let me continue the practice.” He looked up to Yixing.

“Hyung...”

Jongin pleaded but Kyungsoo's so stubborn to listen to their main dancer. Yixing placed his hands on his hips before he let out a brief sigh and spoke.

“One more. I will give you one more chance and if you fall again, I’ll ask you to stop for today.”

Kyungsoo nodded before he stood up. He stretched his legs to feel them again before he took his position. Jongin could just watch the other when Yixing told him not to help Kyungsoo this time. Yixing went to the music player and played the song again. As the song began to boom, Kyungsoo danced along with the beat and carefully moved his legs, to not to step on his foot.

His main problem was whenever he starts dancing, he could feel the strain of his new height. He was once the shortest member of the group and suddenly becoming the tallest member makes it awkward for him to move. Chanyeol’s figure is thin and tall, which sometimes made Kyungsoo almost lose his balance and also trip on his long legs.

““Two... Three... Four... Move-- Watch your feet. Move... Move...”

Jongin instructed as Kyungsoo bit his lips, focusing on his footing. There was one time that he kicked his own leg but he kept going until the song ended. Though at the end, he swayed a bit when he did the final pose, Jongin sighed in relief and Yixing stopped the music. Kyungsoo slowly sat on the floor, relieving his tired legs.

“Good job, and you’re done for today. I’m sorry, but I can’t let you join the others yet. We will see how much you'll improve by tomorrow. But still, we need to do something about Chanyeol. Will you help me out later, Jongin-ah?” Yixing asked.

Jongin replied back with a nod. “Of course, hyung.”

Yixing watched as Kyungsoo was still stretching his neck and legs before he decided to leave them alone to join the others. The others are practicing on the next room, so they’re easy to locate. From the moment Yixing stepped out of the room, Jongin started looking at Kyungsoo. It took awhile for Kyungsoo to notice that the younger was staring at him, until he happened to turn his head.

“...What.” Kyungsoo said with a straight face.

“You’re not being yourself today. What’s wrong with you?”

“What’s wrong with me? There’s nothing wrong with me. It's just that being in Chanyeol’s body made it hard for me to move.” Jongin shook his head when Kyungsoo said that.

“I’m not talking about how hard it is being locked in hyung’s body. You're so worked up since yesterday. And just now you told me that Chanyeol-hyung will be my roommate? What was that all about?”

Kyungsoo shrugged. “He needs to know that he’s not ‘Chanyeol’ anymore. I want him to realize that there’s no time to play around and to know how serious the current situation is right now.”

“Are you serious? You’re the only one that being that serious this whole time, Kyungsoo-hyung. Manager-hyung gave us this one week to relax and not to think so much of the future schedules, because we know that we’ll be busy by then. Which is why I ask you, why are you being so strict to yourself?”

Kyungsoo didn’t dare to explain everything to him. He let out a small huff, his shoulders dropping down.

“I feel like I’m not being helpful, Jongin. Every time we finish our schedule, my body feels weak, occasionally. Yet, we’re preparing for the new song, which is weeks from now. I didn’t expect that we will get so many invitations after our comeback. Plus the offer on acting that I'm really into, I couldn’t reject them, but now I have to play Chanyeol’s part. Chanyeol has to play my part, which worries me even more. I’m not sure if I can keep it up.” Kyungsoo hung his head and closed his eyes.

It was silent for a minute before Jongin scooted over, and landed his head on the taller’s shoulder. Kyungsoo reopened his eyes when he realized that Jongin rarely do that to him. Kyungsoo usually was the one who leans on everyone’s shoulder because he was the shortest. So this is what it feels to have someone to get leaned on.

“You’re not alone, hyung. We’re all in the same boat. I almost out many times before, because of hard practice. We have our own limitation, but I’ll make sure it won’t happen again” Jongin spoke in low tone and Kyungsoo glanced at him.

“Almost out? And you didn’t tell any of us?”

“Joonmyeon-hyung knew.”

“Seriously, Jongin.” Kyungsoo sighed.

Usually the maknaes are good in keeping secrets and also in showing those 'I'm perfectly fine' expressions, especially when they’re in pain. Kyungsoo moved his arm to wrap it on the younger and gently caressed  Jongin's shoulder to reassure him.

“Are you sure you’re feeling okay now? How’s your head? You should have rest for another day, hyung.”

Kyungsoo shook his head lightly to deny Jongin. “The injury isn’t as terrible as Chanyeol’s. I can take care of myself. Right now, I need to focus on how I can use this body more efficiently.”

“Mind if I help?” Jongin sat up, no longer leaning on the older.

“Are you suggesting dance practice again? Lay-hyung won’t let us.”

Jongin shook his head, smiling. “Nope, something better. Come on, I’ll show you. I found a good place to play just yesterday.”

“Play?” Kyungsoo blinked as Jongin pulled him up.

He dragged the older to the next dance studio, where the others were doing their dance practice. Only Chanyeol and Minseok were not with them. Jongin opened the door as he scanned the room to find a certain member before he waved. Sehun, who was sitting on the floor, having discussion with Joonmyeon waved back before he approached.

“What’s up?”

“Sehun, are you done? Do you want to play a game with us? You know. The thing we talked about yesterday?” Jongin asked before he made an eye contact with him.

“Oh yeah, I’m done anyway. Joonmyeon-hyung! Can I uh--” Sehun asked for the leader’s approval as he pointed between Jongin and him, and Joonmyeon nodded.

Joonmyeon didn’t mind that Jongin and Sehun made an early leave from dance practice, because they are their main dancers after all. They are ace at it. They already know the steps and besides, they dance even better than the elders. Sehun apologized before he left with Jongin and Kyungsoo. Jongin continued to drag the older along with him outside the building. Kyungsoo felt a bit tension for a moment until they ended up at their backyard. The backyard is wide, has mini sports field and surrounded with wooden fence. The ground was covered with carpets with soft and rubbery surface, so they can avoid getting any injuries. Kyungsoo could see their dorm balconies from here, as he looked up. Their dorms aren’t too far from the backyard.

“Okay. We’re here. Now what?” Kyungsoo crossed his arms as he stared blankly at Jongin.

“Patience, hyung. Sehun is getting it.”

Kyungsoo looked around and he just noticed Sehun wasn’t with them. “Huh. I thought he was with us?”

“Incoming!”

Jongin turned to his back and an orange ball suddenly appear on his sight. Just in time he caught the ball before it could hit his face and he yelled back at his friend angrily.

“The hell, Sehun! Watch where you’re throwing!”


“I did warn ya.” Sehun walked into the backyard casually before he snatched the basketball from Jongin. Jongin huffed lightly and turned to Kyungsoo, who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter