Chapter 10: A Toy To Play

Roles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone was out for daily practice. Kyungsoo was left behind to take care of noisy member. However, Chanyeol was quiet, covering himself under the spotty blanket. What makes it funnier, Chanyeol’s body is small and the blanket is so big to fit in. Kyungsoo almost laugh at the cute sight of the petite, with only the face visible under the blanket. Chanyeol was watching the television after lunch. Although, he disliked drinking the soup almost every day, he forced himself to follow members’ orders to get well.

 

Kyungsoo later came to sit next to him, bringing along a cup of hot lemon juice. Chanyeol took a glimpse of it, and immediately grimaced.

 

“Anything but lemon, please?” Chanyeol begged with a raspy voice.

 

Kyungsoo gave a small sigh. “You promised.”

 

Chanyeol groaned as he accepted the drink, staring it for another five minute.

 

“The drink won’t kill you, I guarantee. Just swallow it, and you’ll be fine.” However, Kyungsoo’s words didn’t seem convincing him. “Okay, I tell you what. I’ll be your man servant just for today.”

 

Chanyeol blinked at him.

 

“You tell me what you want me to do, as long as you drink the lemon juice.”

 

“...For today?”

 

“For today.”

 

Instantly, Chanyeol drank the lemon juice in one go, without bothering it’s hot or not. Kyungsoo watched him as he felt relief that Chanyeol accepted the drink. Chanyeol shut his eyes, feeling awful by how strong the lemon was. But then he grinned widely as he looked at Kyungsoo.

 

“For one day, you’ll be following my orders!”

 

Kyungsoo just shrugged in response, because he knew Chanyeol would easily hook up on this kind of offer. “It’s not like you can order anything much with your current state.”

 

Chanyeol provoked him by waving his finger. “That’s where you’re wrong. I may be sick but my brain is not.”

 

Sometimes, it’s hard to understand Chanyeol.

 

“You’re going to babysit me for one day.”

 

“I did that.”

 

“Cook me a delicious meal.”

 

“You always wanted pork ribs.”

 

“Play games with me.”

 

“I beat you up in one shot.”

 

“That’s a lie.”

 

“With your bad condition, it will be.”

 

Chanyeol stared at him in defiance as he pursed his lips. “Fine! I challenge you for a race. Whoever wins, he pays five thousand won.”

 

“Deal.”

 

Kyungsoo stood up and grabbed a game controller before setting on the game that the beagles always play. Chanyeol grabbed the controller, and was eager  to win the race. As the race started, Chanyeol instantly took the lead, while Kyungsoo was second followed. Until Chanyeol’s on the final lap, Kyungsoo was still in the race, but left behind in the sixth place. Of all members, no one can beat Chanyeol in console games except Baekhyun.

 

“See? I won!” Chanyeol raised both hands in the air, satisfied on his winning. Kyungsoo looked at him with a small concern before placing one hand on the Chanyeol’s forehead. Chanyeol blinked in question as he was distracted by Kyungsoo’s action, but ignored when he sat back on the couch.

 

“I’m cool for second round.” Kyungsoo said casually before they decided to play for hours.

 

Chanyeol started to show the changes when he shook his head during the play, and blinked for a couple times. Instead of winning the first place, he eventually finished second, third to fifth. Kyungsoo saw Chanyeol’s eyes began to waver, he dropped his controller.

 

“Your fever’s kicking up again. We should stop.” Kyungsoo suggested, but Chanyeol protested.

 

“Not until I get to the first place.”

 

“You won more than ten times. Enough is enough.”

 

Finally, Chanyeol pouted and dropped his controller, letting the other to keep the game console back to where it belongs. Then Kyungsoo went to grab the pills and fresh water before hand them to Chanyeol. Once he finished swallowing the pills, he sat upright and burrowed himself in the blanket.

 

“I hate so much being sick. It makes me tired. There’s so much less time to do a lot of things.”

 

Kyungsoo understood what Chanyeol means. He can’t really do anything when he was sick too. “I know how you feel. But sometimes, our body needs to rest, and you have to take it easy. Didn’t I tell you I’ll be your man servant today?”

 

Chanyeol smiled a little. “Are you not mad with this decision?”

 

Oh. Kyungsoo thinks Chanyeol was still afraid of him. He shook his head lightly. “No, I’m not. I just wanted to repay what you did to me.”

 

Chanyeol looked up him silently. His eyes were round in fear. “Is it because... I keep troubling you?”

 

Kyungsoo softened. “I thought you were. But what I said two days ago is a proof I’m not lying. Everything what you did to me... The attempts of making me smile again... I want you to quit trying, Park Chanyeol. You ended up hurting yourself.”

 

Chanyeol slumped his shoulder, and trying to hide his face under the blanket. But it was later he felt a movement where there’s something wrapped around him before being pulled closer. He looked around to see his tall body was hugging him.

 

Kyungsoo was actually hugging him.

 

“Really, Chanyeol. Stop blaming yourself. You’re easy to read even though I’m not your childhood friend. For once, please let me do what you want me to do. Please let me take care of you. Please let me...” Kyungsoo took a small breath. “Please let me see your smile again.”

 

Listening to Kyungsoo’s word made Chanyeol speechless. He let himself buried under his friend’s embrace. Whether he wanted to be sad because Kyungsoo was begging, but at the same time he tried to smile for the sake of Kyungsoo’s wish. In the end, he lifted his head to look at Kyungsoo, and drew a genuine smile. Kyungsoo admitted he had trouble to smile, but people seemed to love it because he had the heart shaped lips when every time he did that. Seeing his own smile making he smiled back.  But then Chanyeol immediately laughed.

 

“What?” Kyungsoo, who was still smiling asked the petite.

 

“I always thought how I looked like when I smile.”

 

“And?”

 

“I look gorgeous.” Chanyeol beamed, and Kyungsoo pushed him lightly.

 

“Whatever. Anyway, are you okay to stay awake or do you wanted to go the bed?”

 

Chanyeol shook his head. “The day is still young. Entertain me, mom.”

 

“Fine. Let’s play cards.”

 

“Can we play outside? I need some fresh air.”

 

“Alright then.”

 

The petite jumped happily as he took off the blanket and grabbed for his sweater. Kyungsoo prepared himself by wearing a parka with cap on, and stuffed a backpack with snacks and board games. They’re going to play outside and Kyungsoo had to make sure there are no fans taking pictures of them resting. Kyungsoo suggested the backyard at first, but then for Chanyeol’s health, he preferred to go the park instead.

 

As they on their way to the park, C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter