Chapter 4: Tell Them

Roles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What did you say?!” Baekhyun and Sehun asked in unison to Chanyeol, who apparently is inside Kyungsoo’s body.

Chanyeol nodded and spoke again. “It’s true! The stairs, the falling, the curse, the switching souls, everything is true! The old tale is repeating again!”

Baekhyun, Sehun and Jongdae belong in the first batch that was called in the room. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were on the bed and the latter didn’t say anything, but only listen to their ramblings. Chanyeol told him not to say a word, so it will be obvious to the others that their bodies have been switched.

“I don’t believe you. It’s just a made-up story by strangers. No one’s going to believe it.” Jongdae shook his head.

“Well, yeah. It does not like you believe in ghosts and stuff, but you eventually did believe when we were in Russia.” Chanyeol said with his deadpan face.

“Don’t. Don’t you remind me of ‘that’ again.” Jongdae sighed heavily.

“Actually... I kind of believed him. Just a little, because Kyungsoo wouldn’t bring out such a topic.” Baekhyun said as he frowned in confusion.

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun with a wide smile, which surprised the three members. It’s rare to see ‘Kyungsoo smiles widely’ like that.

“Whoa! Whoa! What's with this brightness? It’s full of hearts!” Jongdae pretended to shield himself.

“I can do this all day if you want to!” Chanyeol continued to smile, but he was smacked by a pillow on the face. Everyone turned to their giant figure friend and Kyungsoo was not happy.

“I allowed tell them about us, but not use my face to entertain them! If you ever dare do something funny behind my back, I’ll kill you.”

And all of them gulped thickly as the trio turned back to Chanyeol. They approached closer and whispered.

“Isn’t that the evil Kyungsoo we knew?”

 “No way! This must be a prank.”

“But Chanyeol would never say the word ‘kill’ easily.”

“Maybe Kyungsoo convinced Chanyeol to say it confidently?”

“Did he really? Or not?”

Kyungsoo picked another pillow and smacked everyone’s heads, including Chanyeol. “Were you idiots done with your stupid discussion?! I can hear soooo well from here!”

All of them rubbed their heads and Chanyeol yelled back at him. “Why did you even hit me?!”

 

“It’s just a warning, so you won’t do it again. You now know the consequence.” Kyungsoo grabbed his pillows and sat back on the bed.

“Yep. It’s Kyungsoo. No doubt.” Baekhyun said.

“And we just made him show his devil horns. We’re sorry, hyung.” Sehun bowed in apology, and Kyungsoo sighed and waved his hand as if to tell Sehun that it's okay.

 

But by looking at Kyungsoo's face, the others already know that he’s still annoyed. Chanyeol remembered that Kyungsoo still hasn’t cooled down from the troubles around him. It even got worse than before.

“It will be best if we won’t mess with him, for now.” Chanyeol reminded the others and they nodded.

“So you’re really Chanyeol in Kyungsoo’s body?” Jongdae asked and Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

“Come on, Jongdae. We’re not going through this again.”

“Alright, alright.” Jongdae gave up.

“But I still need your help though. The others do not know what exactly happened to us. I am afraid that they will not believe this, but could I use you guys to back us up?” Chanyeol pleaded.

“Yeol-hyung’s right. They’ve been through an unfortunate accident today, and the others need to know about the tale and what actually happened to them, especially when our tight schedules are coming right up.” Sehun said.

“Ah, right... Schedules.” Chanyeol seemed to have been in deep thought.

They only have sing and dance practice this week. Probably some outdoor activities like interview and fansign too. Chanyeol doesn’t know a thing about Kyungsoo’s acting schedule, which is in next two days. He could get his ankle cured by tomorrow, but does he have to read the script too? Chanyeol shook his head, trying not to think too much about it.

“Let’s talk outside. Kyungsoo really need to take care of his head. I mean, my head.” Chanyeol stood up, trying to limp all the way to the door.

With Chanyeol’s new height, both Baekhyun and Jongdae easily placed his arms around their shoulders to help him walk. Kyungsoo didn’t say anything, but was watching them as they walk out. Minseok was the first one who saw Chanyeol coming out with the rest.

“Kyungsoo-ya! You shouldn’t walk around with your leg like that!” Minseok warned lightly.

“Sorry, hyung. I have an announcement to make.” All of them settled on the living room.

Joonmyeon, Yixing and Jongin joined in when they noticed that Chanyeol's not resting in his room. Plus, seeing everyone gathered at the living room made them curious. Chanyeol looked at his friends, hoping that they will back him up and they nodded.

“Well, before going straight to the point, I want to apologize for the mess that I’ve made. I’ve made a lot of troubles especially to you hyungs and today’s cancelled schedule. We’re supposed to practice new songs, but I ended up hurt thus withholding all of you here. My ankle won’t be cured until the next two days, but then we have dance practice by tomorrow--“

“Kyungsoo, what is your point?” Joonmyeon cut him. It’s not that he's annoyed with the speech of apology, but he doesn’t want the members admitting their guilt at the wrong time.

“Okay, okay. Long story short, I’m not Kyungsoo.”

Then silence.

“...”

“...”

“Um... Is that it?” Jongin spoke first. Joonmyeon sighed this time before he leaned forward to look at Chanyeol better.

“Kyungsoo. Are you getting concussion too?”

“Absolutely not. But here’s the thing, did Kyungsoo ever talk this much?”

“You’re talking to yourself.” Joonmyeon replied quickly.

“I am not! Like I said, I’m not Kyungsoo. I’m Chanyeol, the only person who wants to be the best!”

“Look, Kyungsoo. We had a tough day...” As soon as Chanyeol heard that, he knew that Joonmyeon will start talking unnecessary things, and probably out of topic too. He looked at his back-ups and sighed.

“They didn’t believe me. Help me.” Chanyeol eyed at Sehun, expecting him to speak first. And he did.

“Before we get into deep crazy things about this topic; let me say, it's story time!”

“Sehun. No.” Jongin face palmed. However, Yixing seemed the most interested among the four of them.

“Just listen. It’s crucial.” Jongdae convinced them to listen to the story and they all did.
 


“I don’t know if I’m going to believe it or not...” Joonmyeon frowned. Chanyeol looked at the members and mouthed ‘here we go again’, because they’re tired of repeating the same thing all over again.

Suddenly Jongin stood up sharply, and everyone turned to him. He looked at Chanyeol seriously, because Chanyeol wears the main vocalist's body. The vocalist that he admired.

“I’m going to talk to Kyungsoo-hyung.” And he quickly left the group.

However, the way Jongin mentioned ‘Kyungsoo’ before he left made Chanyeol smile a little. Knowing Jongin, he actually believed what he said. Jongin is 'his maknae’ after all. In fact, he is only a few months older than Sehun. Chanyeol may lie sometimes, but not when it gets too serious. Chanyeol turned his head to the remaining hyungs, waiting for their responses.

“I heard that kind of story before, and I think I’m going to believe it.” Minseok spoke and Chanyeol’s smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter