Chapter 7: “I’m sorry.”

Roles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There were no stars that night. As much Kyungsoo wanted them to accompany him, their absence disappointed him. He sat alone in the dorm balcony, where the cold breeze chilled his skin, slightly pushing back his platinum silver hair. Kyungsoo never try this color before and he thought it didn’t look good on him, but somehow it looks good on Chanyeol. That daredevil could use any color to dye his hair. Oh, Kyungsoo almost forgotten about rainbow colored dye Sehun back then where they are promoting together as one. Kyungsoo would complain it looked ridiculous, but now he realized Sehun only did that once in the lifetime.

 

Enough about the hair color, Kyungsoo took out his cell phone and stared at it. He hasn’t gotten any responses from Chanyeol since then. He tried, he tried and he tried many times, but still no luck. He gripped tight on his cell before he turned down, leaning his forehead on the top of it. Why Chanyeol didn’t pick his call? Why is it so hard to reach him?

 

Then he heard a drip. It was faint at first, but then he looked up, the drizzling rain started to fall. Thankfully, the balcony has its own roof to avoid from getting wet.

 

“Great. Just great. I guess you knew how I feel right now.” Kyungsoo talked to himself as he watched the rain fell.

 

 

“...Kyungsoo-hyung is not being himself today.” Jongin watched him from the dining room. There were three members with him, while the rest were in their own rooms.

 

“I shouldn’t spoke a word about Chanyeol. He thinks he had done something bad to him. And Chanyeol... I don’t know what he thinks. Why he didn’t pick up his calls?” Joonmyeon slumped on the dining table as Yixing patted his back.

 

“He often gets the battery flat sometimes.” Baekhyun explained to his leader.

 

“Should we do something to cheer him up?” Yixing asked and all of them turned back to lonely Kyungsoo. They didn’t speak a word until Baekhyun did.

 

“No. Chanyeol knows what he was doing. As for Kyungsoo, well...” He turned to Jongin.

 

“I’ll keep my eyes on him.” Joonmyeon gave Jongin an approving nod.

 

“Baekhyun, Jongin. I give my faith on both of you to look after them. If anything goes wrong, don’t hesitate to inform me. We don’t want any let downs, especially we’re nearing to our repackage promotion. Got it?”

 

And both of them nodded. Joonmyeon took a last look on Kyungsoo at the balcony before instructing Jongin to make a hot drink for him. Kyungsoo needed one, at least. Even Kyungsoo didn’t speak much after receiving the drink, he saw Kyungsoo only say ‘thanks’ and looked back to the raindrops. Jongin returned to his hyungs with a shaking sad face, and Joonmyeon could only comfort him with a reassuring smile. They decided to leave the vocalist alone, letting him accompany with the rain. Sometimes when someone needs to be comforted, only the person he needs able to help him. And the members hoped the rapper could call him soon.

 

 

Chanyeol opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling for a couple minutes. It was hours, he couldn’t recall, after one of the staffs told him that his schedule was postponed. She even asked that she already informed him and Chanyeol’s excuse was he had forgotten about it. So what did he do? Go the SM building practice room and train his vocal. He’s been doing it for the past hours and he coughed a lot. Possibly because of the strain of his voice hadn’t yet recovered. He glanced at his watch and realized that he had passed dinner hour. He walked out to meet his trusted manager to take him for a dinner.

 

When he’s about to reach the building entrance, he heard the rain was pouring. His transport was waiting for him, plus the fans that always waiting day and night outside. Chanyeol kept wondering if they were alright with the rain. Hope they won’t catch cold. He adjusted the black cap to cover his eyes, like Kyungsoo did every time they reached the airport. Silently, he walked out of the building, facing the entire flashy cell phones and cameras.

 

Chanyeol tried his best not to smile, but for some reason, he didn’t smile at all. He kept hearing the fans cheered and called the vocalist’s name.

 

‘D.O.!’

 

‘Do Kyungsoo-oppa!’

 

‘D.O.-oppa!’

 

‘ Kyungsoo!’

 

None of them called his real name.

 

He quickly settled himself on the SUV after the door closed. As he watched the fans, he felt an odd feeling about himself. It was some kind of ‘heartbroken’, but he’s not sick at all. Fortunately, he had a big heart, as everyone knows him, he shoved the negative feelings easily. All he thought now was getting his favorite meal, pork ribs. Kyungsoo’s belly going to love those, he thought.

 

In ten minutes, he reached to the destination. However, his staff seemed to be receiving another call to pick someone up. So Chanyeol alone will be eating the pork ribs. He didn’t mind at all. He had to get used to be alone, as Kyungsoo would have done several times in his life. As he walked in, there weren’t many people around thankfully. He took a seat at the corner away from people, and took his order.

 

Usually when people wait for their order to arrive, they will check out their cell phone. And Chanyeol did the same. He took out his cell phone in his pocket, and he suddenly realized he forgot to turn it on after he charged it back then in SM building. He pressed the on button and placed it aside, waiting it to fully operational. Within a few seconds, his cell phone beeped.

 

When he looked up on the screen, he froze. There were tons of missed calls and unread messages in LINE application. Of course, Chanyeol will check the missed calls first. His eyes went wide when he read the names. They were his manager, Joonmyeon, Baekhyun, Yixing and surprisingly, Kyungsoo. Why Kyungsoo would call him? Maybe was it about the postponed schedule? Chanyeol proceeded to read his unread messages.

 

Joonmyeon:

‘Chanyeol, where are you?’

‘You’re not answering calls.’

 

Baekhyun:

‘Joonmyeon-hyung was worried about you. You should answer him.’

‘And don’t forget to buy us some snacks before you get back!’

 

Chanyeol smiled at that, but faltered when he read an intense, long message.

 

Kyungsoo:

‘Chanyeol, where the heck are you?’

‘You forgot to charge your phone again?’

‘Pick it up.’

‘Pick it up, you dummy.’

‘Why aren’t you answering?’

‘Chanyeol.’

‘Chanyeol.’

‘Hey.’

‘Chanyeol.’

‘I said, PICK IT UP!’

‘How long you’re going to turn off your goddamn phone!’

‘I’m not going to feed you when you get back!’

‘No food for you.’

‘I’m serious.’

‘I really am.’

‘Chanyeol.’

‘Hey, Chanyeol.’

‘Pick it up.’

‘Please?’

‘Reply me back.’

‘Please Chan--

 

And before he could read the rest, he jumped slightly on the sudden ringing cell phone. The caller came with ID name; Do Kyungsoo. Chanyeol hesitated before accepting the call and all he heard was a silence.

 

“H--Hello?” He stuttered.

 

“...Wow. Took you a while to answer the phone. Where in the world have you been?”

 

“I’ve been... in the training room. Practicing vocal skills.”

 

“I can tell that. But you were hurting my voice, Chanyeol. Did you notice?” Kyungsoo asked and Chanyeol blinked.

 

“I’m... not too sure.” He heard Kyungsoo sighed at the end of the line.

 

“It got strained. You pushed it too hard. You might not notice it yet, but it will get sore by tomorrow. Drink a lot of warm water and get some throat relief pill while you’re at it.”

 

“I’ll remember that.” Chanyeol nodded and paused for a moment before his turn to talk. “Hey, Kyungsoo? I’m... I’m sorry about what’s happening that morning. I screwed up, literally everything. Your ankle, your throat, your favorite shirt, and I don’t know what’s next. I tried to be best at everything to be you. I tried, Kyungsoo. I tried. I kept myself away from Sehun and Baekhyun as we speak, trying not to smile much in fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter