Chapter 3: Strange Consciousness

Roles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo started to get his sense back, he remembered spraining his ankle before he passed out but didn't remember the strong pain behind his head. He recalled the tall member pulled him into his arms when he was falling, he wondered if he’s alright. Kyungsoo shifted lightly as his eyes squinted, he heard several voices around him but Joonmyeon’s voice was the nearest.

 

“Guys, quiet down. Chanyeol’s awake.”

 

Chanyeol? Did Chanyeol faint too?

 

Kyungsoo groaned as he slowly opened his eyes and immediately spotted his leader’s worried face on his side. His eyes began to travel around him. Kyungsoo was on the bed and all the members, except Chanyeol, locked their eyes on him. Some of them were relief and some of them were still concerned.

 

“Are you hurt anywhere?” Joonmyeon placed his hands on Kyungsoo’s back and gently pull him on sitting position.

 

Kyungsoo was about to speak but he shut his eyes and winced in pain as he brought his hand to the back of his head, he felt like the world was still spinning. Joonmyeon guessed that’s where it hurt the most.

 

 “Get the ice pack!” Jongdae ordered whoever near the door and Kyungsoo heard the person run out from the room. Seconds later, Joonmyeon grabbed the ice pack that was given by Baekhyun.

 

 “This is going to hurt a bit. Sorry.” And the leader gently placed the ice pack on Kyungsoo’s head. Kyungsoo flinched a bit on the cold touch but relaxed when it got settled, he sighed a bit. He felt sorry that the members were worried about him.

 

 “Sorry.” Kyungsoo spoke one word but he frowned a bit when he found out his voice sounded different. Maybe his throat did that thing when people just woke up.

 

 “Don’t be sorry. We’re surprised both of you fell from the stairs. Are you sure it’s just your head?” Joomyeon asked and Kyungsoo replied with a nod. “Then you should take it easy for today. We told manager-hyung about your condition and he was afraid that you had a terrible concussion.”

 

 “I’ll be fine, hyung.” That weird voice again. Kyungsoo swore his hoarse voice sounded like Chanyeol. In fact, an accurate voice of Chanyeol too, which made his skin shiver. Joonmyeon patted Kyungsoo on the back before Baekhyun awkwardly came closer. For some reason, Baekhyun seemed attached to him, which confused him because Baekhyun rarely was that close. Usually it was either Joonmyeon or Jongin but not Baekhyun.

 

 “Where’s Kyungsoo? He shouldn’t walk around with his foot like that.” Joonmyeon asked the other members and Kyungsoo frowned again.

 

He is ‘Kyungsoo’. Why would Joonmyeon ask about his whereabouts?

 

“Sorry! I had to use the bathroom!” Everyone turned to the voice outside the room, which was later another figure hopped in with Minseok.

 

Kyungsoo widened his eyes as large as he could. He couldn’t believe his eyes that he was seeing the other him entering the room. He kept watching this ‘fake’ Kyungsoo, who later sat on the bed beside him and inspected the foot, which was now wrapped in bandage.

 

 “Is it bad?” Jongin asked and Minseok answered for him.

 

 “He sprained his ankle and the bruise is swollen. He shouldn’t move around too much.”

 

 “Then we have two patients to babysit!” Joonmyeon declared.

 

Other members were giggling and laughing but Kyungsoo just kept staring at the other him, he had so many questions in his head. Baekhyun noticed his friend’s expression, so he asked.

 

 “Chanyeol-ah, what’s wrong?” Kyungsoo turned sharply to Baekhyun.

 

Did Baekhyun just called him ‘Chanyeol’? What’s going on? Where is Chanyeol? Why there’s another him on the other side of the bed?

 

 “I--- I’m not Chanyeol. What are you saying?” Kyungsoo blurred out his words as he was shocked with everything he saw.

 

Everyone's attention turned to Kyungsoo and they’re all quiet. Baekhyun widened his eyes and then let out a light chuckle.

 

 “Chanyeol. Don’t you pull a joke right now. Did you really hit your head that hard?” Baekhyun was about to reach him, but Kyungsoo shoved it away, dropping the ice pack.

 

“I’m telling you! I am not Chanyeol!” He feared all of the sudden. Baekhyun immediately backed away, looking surprise at his friend’s reaction.

 

 “Chanyeol? Please calm down.” Joonmyeon walked over to Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo didn’t buy it.

 

 “Why are you guys keep calling me Chanyeol! I am not him!!” He didn’t care if he raised his voice at the leader. The other him kept watching and his own voice came out to be less of his own voice, replaced by the taller member. He is very, very scared right now.

 

Joomyeon flinched a bit on the sudden shout but he quickly pulled him to embrace, just to make the younger him to calm down. He also kept cooing ‘it’s okay, it’s okay’ and carefully pat his back. Kyungsoo, who was still scared, slowly embraced the leader back and kept thinking it was just a dream. The members were all stunned by Kyungsoo outburst, because they never seen him like that.

 

“Would you guys mind to leave us alone for awhile? We have to tell manager-hyung about him. I think the concussion just made it worse.” The leader glanced to s and they agreed. They need to give them a space or else Kyungsoo would panic again. Baekhyun gave the longest stare at him before being dragged away by Yixing.

 

When everybody left,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter