Chapter 11: The Last Role

Roles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was their free day. The manager called the leader that they will start discussing about their future schedule tomorrow, so they have to get enough rest. As they dismissed, half of them stayed in the dorm while the others decided to go out. Minseok and Joonmyeon were about to go to the gym below, Jongin came with unsettling expression.

 

“Hyung, do you have any idea where Chanyeol-hyung go?”

 

Minseok and Joonmyeon shared looks. “He’s not in the room?” Jongin shook his head in return.

 

“He’s not entirely recovered yet. He should be somewhere around the upper dorm perhaps.” Joonmyeon replied.

 

By the time Jongin stepped away from them, Sehun came in. It was a perfect timing to ask the maknae. “Sehun, have you seen Chanyeol-hyung?”

 

Sehun blinked twice as he remembered something. “Ah, Yeol-hyung and Kyungsoo-hyung went out again today. He said something about settling business.”

 

“What kind of business?” Minseok frowned as well as the others.

 

“You guys have already forgotten? Today is the last day for them to reverse the curse or else...”

 

Three of them gasped. They never thought about it because they’re too busy with the practice. Fortunately, they understand that they couldn’t do anything to help them. And Joonmyeon suggested to let them both do whatever they want for today, hoping the two members able to break the curse and mend their friendship.

 

 

Kyungsoo kept looking left and right with his black cap lowering right on his eye level. He wore a mouth mask with cute bear’s nose and mouth printed on it. His movements were awkward, but alerted. He leaned on the wall behind him and peek through any people who walked by the street. He seemed afraid that people might notice him.

 

“Um... What are we doing here?” A soft voice suddenly asked.

 

The taller huffed before turning to the petite next to him. Chanyeol was wearing a winter coat, covering from top to the bottom. He may look ridiculous, but it’s the only way to avoid Chanyeol from getting cold.

 

“I’m taking you out for a walk.” Kyungsoo said calmly.

 

“But we’re hiding.”

 

“For precaution that people won’t recognize us, or else, Joonmyeon-hyung and manager-hyung will get mad at us.”

 

Chanyeol shrugged a little. “Mad at you. You dragged me out first.”

 

“Look.” Kyungsoo sighed audibly. “I am trying so hard to break this freaking curse, if you’re not helping me here, we’re doomed.”

 

“I know, Kyungsoo. I know.” Chanyeol nodded. “But at least ask me out first, so I can consider we won’t get any trouble.”

 

“I can’t. It’s meant to be a surprise.”

 

Chanyeol blinked at him when Kyungsoo said that. A ‘surprise’, that means Kyungsoo had a plan for them. Just two of them. Chanyeol smiled lightly, ignoring his intention to argue against Kyungsoo. “I’m not going to say no to that.”

 

“Glad to know.” Kyungsoo looked back at the street, noticing there were no fans around or school girls. “Alright, I’m going to take you to the nearest cafe first.”

 

“I thought it’s a surprise?”

 

“Well, now you know.”

 

Kyungsoo didn’t hesitate to grab Chanyeol’s hand, and pulled him by his side. He had to make sure Chanyeol won’t get caught. As they entering the street, some people looked at them because they wore weird mouth masks, but they seemly ignored after several seconds later. Kyungsoo casually holding close to Chanyeol’s hand, before pulling him to the nearest cafe.

 

Luckily, the cafe was mostly empty since it was still morning where people was still working, and the teens were still schooling. Chanyeol sat on the chair comfortably before removing the hoodie. He peered over the menu to find suitable food to eat. Even he’s close to recovery, he still cannot order certain food or cold drinks. He ended up ordering toasted bread and hot tea, while Kyungsoo ordered garlic bread and earl gray tea.

 

“So, as Joonmyeon-hyung said, we will have a group discussion with manager-hyung tomorrow. I have to conclude this.” Kyungsoo paused a while, making Chanyeol looked at him. “We need to work together, and I need your help. Do you still have a grudge against me?”

 

Chanyeol hastily widened his round eyes in surprise. “No! Why would I?!”

 

“Shhh! We’re in public!”

 

He alerted as he slowly looked around, if people happened to look at them. Fortunately, he didn’t cause any commotion yet, so he whispered. “Kyungsoo, I would never, ever hold a grudge against you. You’re one of my best friends I ever met. You were nice to me and taught me a lot of things. If you think I did wrong to you, then I sincerely apologize.”

 

“Uh... No, you don’t have to. You apologized enough.” Kyungsoo was confused. He was thinking how to reverse the curse.

 

“The only way they could get their bodies back was to sacrifice something inside them.”

 

That was what he heard from Chanyeol, who heard from Sehun. What kind of ‘sacrifice’ he meant? While he was in deep thought, their order came. The waiter served the dishes on their table, and stood still. It was kind of awkward, so Chanyeol looked up, and apparently the waiter was smiling.

“Are you two really from EXO? I’m... I mean... my sister is a big fan of yours.”

 

That clicked them. They’re easy to get recognized even they’re out during working hour. Kyungsoo nervously scan around if there were any customers taking pictures of them. When he felt safe, he looked back at his friend, expecting him to talk to the waiter. But then he saw Chanyeol’s expression. He’s been quiet, nervous, and feeling insecure. That’s where Kyungsoo realized Chanyeol was ‘in character’. He whipped his head at the waiter, throwing a huge smile he could pull.

 

“Yeah. We’re having a short break right now. I hope you don’t mind to give us some private time, we’re pretty much trying to catch up our next schedule without empty stomach.” Kyungsoo begged her politely, hopefully she could understand.

 

“Oh! I’m sorry for bothering you. I was just a little bit excited. But can I ask one permission, that if you can leave your signature before you go? I didn’t mean to be rude...”

 

“That’s fine! As long you and your sister support us, we’ll do anything.”

 

The waiter swooned over his smile before thanking him. He could hear the waiter squealing ‘oh my god, Chanyeol-oppa’s smile is so cute!’ behind the counter. When Kyungsoo turned back to Chanyeol, he was smiling. It’s not a sarcastic smile where he was proud of his own smile, but a smile that he was very happy for Kyungsoo’s honesty. The old Kyungsoo he used to know that he always be polite, and throws the heart shaped smile when he speaks. Now Chanyeol acknowledge how wide Kyungsoo’s smile is through his own face.

 

“Let’s get this done. We still have another place to go.” Kyungsoo said.

 

The smaller nodded and resumed his food. They didn’t speak a word while they were eating, and as they promised, they left a signature to the waiter. Chanyeol was anticipated on where Kyungsoo going to take him to. They left the cafe and went to the nearest street vendors. Kyungsoo didn’t know a suitable place to go, but they always ended up eating or window shopping anyway.

 

As he expected, Chanyeol always stopped by toy shop or clothes, because it’s what he is; the one who likes games and has fashion sense. Sometimes he was forgotten that he wore the vocalist body, so he began to act like Kyungsoo in midway.

 

“You don’t have to be like me, Chanyeol.” Chanyeol heard his friend said behind him. “Today is our final day. Just give it all out. Be yourself is the best, isn’t that what you said?”

 

Chanyeol couldn’t control the smile on his face as he agreed. “Yeah. You don’t mind me being crazy in this small body, right?”

 

“Not at all.”

 

As soon Kyungsoo replied that, Chanyeol started to pull him deeper into the street vendors. They spent time hours of eating, laughing, make fools of themselves. For once, Kyungsoo felt the freedom, ignoring how they act in the public because people judged them in different ways. Some of them will surprise that they’re playful idols, but some of them preferred them in this way because they’re no doubt, being adorable. Every people have their own perspective, and that’s what Kyungsoo learned the idols have the power to change their supporters from love to hate, and from hate to love. If not because of Chanyeol, he might have still stuck in the nut shell.

 

“Oh my god! Is that Chanyeol-oppa and D.O.-oppa?!”

 

Kyungsoo stopped his footsteps, and he turned around to see a group of girls pointing at them. He didn’t take note of the time had passed by, the school already ended. He turned to look at Chanyeol, who apparently still smiling.

 

“We’re letting them get us, aren’t we?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“Of course~”

 

As soon Chanyeol said that, Kyungsoo immediately understood what he meant. He grabbed the smaller’s hand and ran away for their lives.

 

“Catch us if you can!” Chanyeol yell at the girls

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter