Chapter 9: The Best Medicine

Roles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was quite disturbing that late night. Yixing, as much he wanted to get enough rest, heard the fuss from the outside of his shared bedroom with the leader. He began to wonder why there was too much footsteps. Plus, he could hear their whispering loudly, but he couldn’t quite catch the words.

 

‘Or someone broke in?’ Yixing thought.

 

The Chinese member rubbed his eyes as he woke up from his bed, tiptoed to the door and opened it slowly. He peeked from the side of the door, and looked around if there’s anyone running in the living room. Knowing he was secured, he stepped out from the room, and walked to the room next to his. He pushed the door cautiously, but strangely enough the scene in front of him made him froze.

 

Jongin and Kyungsoo, who was inside Chanyeol’s body, were stripping the small member on the bed. They were in the process of removing the petite’s shirt, however, they were distracted by the older member standing at the doorway.

 

“Um... Please do continue whatever you’re doing. I’ll just... go back to bed, pretend it never happened.” Yixing bowed lightly before he closed the door.

 

“Hyung! Hyung! Hyung! Hyung! Hyung!” Both Kyungsoo and Jongin quickly wailed in unison, tried to get his attention. Fortunately, Yixing stopped midway and frowned at them.

 

“Lay-hyung! Chanyeol-hyung got a high fever! Please help us!” Jongin explained in one shot, Yixing began to alert even more.

 

“Really?! How bad?” He rushed next to the sick member and gently placing his palm on the forehead. In a second, he pulled back his hand, and gasped. “Woah, it’s really hot! Did you guys give him a medicine?”

 

“He’s too weak to swallow a pill. He just got here, and we’re trying to keep him cool.” Kyungsoo said as he managed to remove the shirt from the sick member.

 

Without wasting any time, Yixing joined them as they removed the remaining clothes, and dressed him up later with simple clothing. Just in time, Joonmyeon entered the room with a bucket of cold water, and a small towel. They slowly clean the body, making sure Chanyeol didn’t suffer from extreme heat from his body. They let Chanyeol wore a white T and shorts, before settled him on the bed. Kyungsoo placed the cold towel on Chanyeol’s forehead, while Joonmyeon examined the fever temperature.

 

Joomyeon clicked his tongue when he read the result. “Nearly 102°F, higher than I thought. He needs to stay in bed and rest a lot.”

 

That high temperature was no kidding. Kyungsoo could tell Chanyeol had fallen sick due to the rain, fatigue, and stress. In fact, Kyungsoo’s body was easy to get infected unlike Chanyeol’s energetic body. Chanyeol started mumbling incoherently in his sleep, which worried the members.

 

“Do you think we should call a doctor?” Jongin asked with a concern.

 

“Let’s not. We’ll see how he’s been holding up for a couple of hours. If it gets worse, then he will send away for medical attention.” Joonmyeon concluded, and everyone agreed.

 

“At least, can I be the one who take care of him? I know what my body needs when I got sick.”

 

The members shared their looks on Kyungsoo’s suggestion, and Joonmyeon didn’t hesitate to approve him. “Yes, you can. Just so you know, we have the others who wanted to look after him too. Do not hesitate to ask us for help.”

 

When one member fell sick, the whole group alerted. Like how much Jongin endured his pain on the waist, how bad Yixing’s body condition and had to stay in bed, and how their little Sehun cried in his sleep because of fever. One time Baekhyun caught in sore throat and not allowing him to speak a word, he sat in the corner and hugged his legs grumpily. Kyungsoo injured his ankle before, and it’s all over the news. The fans went crazy as much as the members too. Many times he told them not to worry about it, but they still looked out for him.

 

And now, we have Chanyeol. Of all members, he’s the one who rarely gotten sick. For once a few months back, when he was not feeling well, he whimpered in his sleep. They thought they could keep an eye of sick Sehun, but they changed their mind because Chanyeol made it worse. Baekhyun and he shared almost the same personality, hiding their smile behind the pain. But when he needs treatment, he’s just a kid inside the giant’s body.

 

“What am I going to do with you...” Kyungsoo sighed as he replaced the towel that was already hot with a cold one on the sick member’s forehead.

 

The members had left the room, leaving Chanyeol under Kyungsoo’s care. It’s past two in the morning, and they have to conserve energy for tomorrow. Thankfully, the drama recording was Kyungsoo’s last schedule that week, so Chanyeol had plenty of time to rest. Meanwhile, Kyungsoo decided to stay awake until his friend able to sleep soundly. Every time when Chanyeol whimpered, he had to give a soothing rub on the shoulder or hand, just to make sure that he was there for him.

 

It seemed Chanyeol had quiet down for a moment when he unconsciously pull the covers to his neck. Kyungsoo drew a small smile at the cute sight. Yes, he couldn’t deny that his own face is cute when he’s able to sleep peacefully. He changed the towel for the last time, before he leaned comfortably on the seat. He continued to watch over the older him, until he got really drowsy following by a yawn.

 

 

Hours had passed. Kyungsoo awaken by the sound of shuffling. His vision was blurred at first, but then he felt his body aches due to sleeping in sitting position. He was greeted later by an adorable Baozi before kneeling next to him.

 

“Kyungsoo-ya, you should sit up properly. You’ll hurt your neck.”

 

Out of his habit, he rubbed the back of his neck and tried to sit up. Just then, he noticed he was covered by a blanket.

 

“Oh, this morning, we found out that you’re still sleeping, so we don’t want you to catch a cold. Anyway, we’ve already cleaned Chanyeol, but we don’t think he’s going to wake up anytime soon. His fever is still high, though. Thankfully not as bad as yesterday.” Minseok explained.

 

“He hasn’t taken any medicine yet. He has to wake up.” Kyungsoo pulled away the blanket, before stretching his arms. He felt relieved when he looked at the sick member, knowing that he was sleeping without any disturbance.

 

“That’s why Jongdae is making his meal.”

 

“W--Wait, what?” Kyungsoo’s mind suddenly alerted.

 

“Jongdae’s cooking Chanyeol a porridge. Baekhyun is helping him too.” Minseok continued, but jumped when Kyungsoo stood up instantly.

 

“I don’t trust them with the mix ingredient they’re adding in the porridge. Last time they did that, my body couldn’t handle it.”

 

“Then stop them before they could poison Chanyeol!”

 

Of course, the beagle duo won’t do that for real, but Kyungsoo glad Minseok was playing along. Kyungsoo stepped out from the room, entrusted the oldest hyung to take care of their sick member. Just before he entered the kitchen, he overheard their bickering.

 

“He doesn’t appreciate pepper. Just put the meat in!”

 

“How about tomato? It doesn’t taste too bad.”

 

“No one makes porridge with tomato on it!”

 

“Then I’ll be the first! It’s healthy, let me tell you!”

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes because of these idiots, and he stopped them just in time before they could decide to mix all the raw ingredients. “You all are going to make Chanyeol puke. Quit it!”

 

Both Baekhyun and Jongdae made a pouty face, and were stric

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter