Chapter 6: The Short’s Mistake

Roles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, Chanyeol woke up by the sound of his alarm clock. He hit the snooze button at first, but later he turned off the alarm. He didn’t need to wake up for the second time. It was still dark outside, so he assumed it was about six in the morning. He sat up and stretched his arms before taking a few minutes of collecting his thoughts. Rubbing his sleepy eyes, he turned to his side as he tried to move his sprained ankle. He smiled that it didn’t sting. Then he stood up and tried again. The pain has been lessened since yesterday, but it’s still there. He felt much better.

 

On the other bed, Jongin was sleeping soundly as usual. Jongin would never wake up until someone else did. Chanyeol took this moment to get into a shower and prepare for breakfast. Unlike the old dorm where he had to serve meals for nine people, this time has been just five people. He assumed Kyungsoo will take care of the other members on their dorm.

 

It was still early and he glad that he was no longer limping. The medicine helped. After the shower, he went to his wardrobe; basically it is Kyungsoo’s, and took out a plain shirt. However, Chanyeol was not satisfied with the color as he started to toss few shirts on the bed.

 

Black. Black. Black. More black. Ahha! Finally a shirt with some prints on it.

 

He put the rest of the shirts back in the wardrobe before walking to the kitchen and took out some eggs, sausages and salad. He placed them aside before he heard a click from a bedroom door. When he whipped his head behind him, it’s his manager.

 

“Oh, Kyungsoo. You’re early today.” Manager said.

 

Chanyeol was about to look around, but then he realized the manager was talking to him. He missed people other than the members to call him by his real name. He started to get tired of wearing the vocalist's name, since Chanyeol was trying so hard to avoid him.

 

“I had a good rest yesterday and I didn’t do much except reading my script. I was planning to do dance practice today.” Chanyeol replied.

 

“I don’t think it’s a good idea. Your ankle wasn’t fully healed yet. Why don’t you plan for a vocal practice today?”

 

Chanyeol nearly forgotten that he had to keep his eye on his vocal skills. He can sing, however Kyungsoo handled the voice much better than he is, which is why Kyungsoo was chosen to be one of the vocal line.

 

He gave him a nod. “I’ll do that then.”

 

The manager replied back with a nod as he stormed out from the dorm. Chanyeol continued to cook the sunny eggs and sausages before decorating them with salad. As he served four plates of food, he proceeded to make drinks. That’s where Joonmyeon came into the kitchen half awake.

 

“...Kyungsoo. Good morning.” Joonmyeon, who’re half asleep, slumped on the dining table.

 

Chanyeol giggled how his leader had already forgotten who he is. “Good morning, hyung. Breakfast’s ready. Enjoy~”

 

Joonmyeon eyed on the breakfast and drinks before he took a bite on the sausage using a fork. He chewed for a moment before he frowned. It tasted different. He used to Kyungsoo’s sweet and sour sausages on their breakfast, but today the sausage was spicy. Kyungsoo rarely cooked spicy food in the morning. He looked up at Chanyeol and apparently he was smiling as he looked at him. Joonmyeon realized something as he widened his eyes before he slapped himself on the forehead.

 

“Chanyeol! How have I forgotten about you!” Chanyeol burst a laugh as he heard him.

 

“It’s barely two days! And you started to get old!”

 

“Hey! I’m still young to have amnesia! Ah, I’m really dumb. Sorry, Chanyeol-ah.”

 

Chanyeol gave him a shake to forget about it. It wasn’t Joonmyeon’s fault at all. It was just the stupid curse that he’s being someone else.

 

“It’s okay, hyung. Only this week I become Kyungsoo. All I have to do is be polite, do the creepy stare, being a boss like he doesn’t care about the world. Then you’ll forget everything about me being Kyungsoo on the next week. Just like in the drama.”

 

Joonmyeon smiled lightly before he asked. “And you’re okay with it?”

 

“With what? Being Kyungsoo?”

 

“Acting like Kyungsoo. Can you bear it for a week?” Joonmyeon saw the hesitant on Chanyeol’s face. His eyes were slightly unfocused, but he quickly regained his confidence.

 

“O--of course, I can! You’re talking to the great actor! A--anyway. Hyung, can you help me with the vocal practice later?”

 

As Joonmyeon expected, Chanyeol was trying to avoid further conversation by bringing up a different topic. He knew Chanyeol since pre-debut and there’s no way he could not notice that. However, he’s not a person who always to pry on member’s privacy, so he won’t ask. But he will take note in the future if Chanyeol started to have a problem.

 

“Well, we do have another dance practice today, but just in case if we do have change of schedule I’ll help you with the vocal. I’ll let Jongdae know about this so he could join us.”

 

Chanyeol brightened. “Thanks, hyung. You’re the best!”

 

Then Chanyeol trotted into his room to wake Jongin up as Joonmyeon kept watching him. He wondered the vocal practice was needed for Chanyeol. But he’s aware that the situation might change if one day people might ask Chanyeol to sing, he’s not as good as Kyungsoo. And then again, he thought, can Kyungsoo really rap? This worries Joonmyeon even more.

 

 

One by one, members of the upper dorm entered as they gathered in the living room after breakfast. It was almost eight in the morning, and they could use at a time like this to exercise in the studio. They prepared themselves while Chanyeol was just finishing cleaning the kitchen. However, when he turned around, he confronted the tall figure member. Chanyeol almost jumped at first, but chilled when he knew it’s just Kyungsoo.

 

“Morning, Kyungsoo.” Chanyeol drew a wide smile automatically, but his mind was set to not talk to him much.

 

“Morning.” Kyungsoo replied as his eyes stopped at his own shirt that Chanyeol was wearing.

 

Chanyeol blinked at Kyungsoo’s stare and looked down to where he was looking. Is there some wrong with the shirt he was wearing? Did it get dirty? Or is it about the prints on it? Kyungsoo gulped lightly and spoke.

 

“Just...  be careful with it. I like that shirt.”

 

“Okay.” Chanyeol just nodded.

 

Chanyeol didn’t bother much about how they can take care of their outfit, but the members knew Chanyeol has a sense of fashion. Then Kyungsoo seemed concerned for some reason when he noticed the food Chanyeol had cooked in the pan.

 

“Did you cook that?” He asked.

 

“Yeah. Do you want one?”

 

Kyungsoo shook his head before he spoke. “I wouldn’t eat that if I were you. Should have warned you earlier.”

 

“Eh? What’s wrong with the food? It’s just sausages.” Chanyeol blinked as he didn’t do wrong about it.

 

“The food seems fine. But just so you know, I don’t eat anything spicy in the morning. It will hurt my throat.”

 

“Ah-- Oh... Sorry. “

 

Well, crap. Chanyeol did eat those spicy sausages, and he didn’t take notice to take care of the vocalist’s throat. His eyes slowly turned down and his shoulders dropped. He messed up. Kyungsoo took a look on Chanyeol’s face. He looked like a kicked puppy and Kyungsoo felt bad when he said that earlier. It wasn’t Chanyeol’s fault to be blame. Kyungsoo knew he was wrong from the very beginning and he’s the one who wanted to say sorry to him.

 

“Actually, Chanyeol... I--“

 

“Chanyeollie! We need to go early! Let’s go!”

 

Kyungsoo shut his mouth completely when they heard Jongdae’s call at the front door. Chanyeol looked between Kyungsoo and the front door direction, then back to Kyungsoo.

 

“I... gotta go.” And he walked passed him.

 

Kyungsoo watched Chanye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter