Chapter 1: Residential

Roles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ibane meomuneun mal”

    

 “Neol saranghago isseo”

    

“I wanna give you.”

    

 

 “Okay, sounds perfect! You’re done for today, D.O.” Kyungsoo heard the cue as the music stopped. He smiled widely knowing he nailed the note nicely. He took off the headphones as he placed them on the stand and took his lyrics before he walked out from the recording room. His leader was the first congratulating him.

    

“That’s pretty fast! Good job, Kyungsoo.”

    

 “Thank you, hyung.” Kyungsoo brightened.

    

They heard the staff asked Joonmyeon’s turn to go to recording room and he left. Kyungsoo casually walked to the sofa and sat comfortably next to Baekhyun and Jongdae. The two beagles were already done with their recording earlier. Jongdae turned and was smiling at him.

    

 “Look what we have here, a professional.” Kyungsoo snorted as he knew Jongdae was teasing him.

    

 “I do have less line this time anyway. At this rate, every one of us sings.”

    

 “Not gonna blame anything, but Kyungsoo is right.” Baekhyun said as he fiddled with his cell phone.

    

The vocal lines, including Joonmyeon, were the only EXO members in the recording room that morning. Ever since their comeback after releasing new song, their schedules were tight and they were prepared for that. Jongin and Sehun were having a photo shot for their repackage album, Chanyeol and Xiumin were off for show recording, and Yixing was on his way back from China.

    

 “Oh hey, manager-hyung wanted to meet us this evening?” Baekhyun changed his glance from his phone screen to Jongdae.

    

 “Yep! He wanted to announce some kind of moving out, I think?”

    

Baekhyun almost jumped on his seat. “We’re moving out?! Not even a year and we’re already moving out?!”

    

 “Calm down, puppy. I said ‘I think’, so it’s not entirely confirmed we’re moving out or not.” Jongdae pulled him down.

    

 “If it is, then I have a request to not have Chanyeol as my roommate anymore.” Kyungsoo sighed.

    

 “You too? That’s why I ditched him last year.” Baekhyun laughed.

    

 “And you too. You’re twice worse than him.” Kyungsoo glared and Baekhyun stopped laughing.

    

 “What did ever I do to you?!”

    

 “The old habit of your big mouth. Didn’t you realize it at all?” Jongdae stared at him.

    

 “You don’t have to remind me. I should have asked Minseok-hyung to share a room. Why no one ever ask him anyway? Weren’t you guys kept rambling about sharing the room with him because it’s peaceful and quiet?” Baekhyun pouted as he crossed his arms.

    

 “That is the main problem. Too quiet. Besides, Umin-hyung always ended up one bed in his room.” Jongdae responded and no one spoke after that. They were distracted a bit by Joonmyeon’s singing voice in the recording room. Kyungsoo ended up humming along with the song, completely forgotten what were they discussing about.

    

 “Thank you for your hard work!” The vocal line members bowed to the staffs before their manager came to them into the SUV. On their way to their dorm, Joonmyeon checked the message on the phone and turned to the members.

 

 “Okay, listen. We will have a small meeting when everyone’s in the dorm.”

    

 “Was it about moving out?” Kyungsoo asked and Joonmyeon raised his eyes a bit.

    

 “Who told you?” Both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun pointed at Jongdae.

    

Jongdae started to whine as he can’t win against two people. “Why?! I happened to hear your conversation with manager-hyung! It’s not true... right?”

    

 “Not entirely true but it’s just a couple days. Anyway, I’ll tell you guys the details after we’re gathered.”

    

Jongdae glared at Baekhyun instead of Kyungsoo because, well, who dares to make fun of the evil younger? As they arrived at their dorm, Joonmyeon pushed the button on the security code before opening the door. They took out their shoes and entered the living room, not noticing there is one member already at the kitchen. Jongdae was about to get some drink but then he pulled out a wide smile when he found the Chinese member nearby.

    

 “Lay-ge! Welcome back!” He trotted happily as he placed an arm around the older’s shoulders.

    

Yixing was holding a cup and returned the smile. “I should be welcoming you guys. How was the recording?”

    

 “It went smoothly. Did you just arrived?” Joonmyeon asked as he took off his coat.

    

 “I got here two hours ago. I was planning to do laundry because I thought you came back quite a bit late.” Yixing sipped his drink.

 

 “The others will be late. Joonmyeon-hyung is going to announce when we’re all here. Just forget about the laundry, I’ll do it. You should get some rest instead, hyung.” Kyungsoo offered his help.

    

 “Yeah, I’ll wake you up when the time comes.” Jongdae gave the older a soft pat. Yixing nodded thanks to them and proceeded to his room. Kyungsoo watched the Chinese member close the door, pitying a bit that Lay was indeed exhausted from taking flights between Korea and China almost every week because of his schedules. As long he’s happy on what he was doing recently, then Kyungso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter