plenty of fishes in the sea

Between the Lines

as if fate played its minding game and seulgi got struck by lightning, she suddenly sees her best friend in a new light, she cleared and even glanced upwards towards any god who’s probably seeing this fest she’s in, besides she’s not even religious in the first place, but this is really some kind of sick joke from above.

 

she felt irene nudged her, chewing a gum noisily and glanced at her with those huge eyes, which on any other normal day would’ve freaked the out of her: “what are you waiting for you slow bear? let’s go and i’ll be your wingman whatever so it’ll be easier for you to get over him, too bad you hadn’t took up my offer to be your girlfriend ages ago, so much for plenty of fishes in the sea…”

 

(but you are the only fish i want…) seulgi whispered to no one, i mean her eyesight is really bad but not this kind of bad, how could she be too late in realizing this? irene’s questioning stare is boring into her and seulgi could only reflex by putting her cap over irene’s head, maybe to cover her face from seeping into her thoughts, into her heart.

 

“what was that for?! what’s with you today?” irene slapped her arm, twice. (cover your face, i might fall in love deeper) “well, you’re balding…” seulgi snickered as she walked away: “i’ll see you tomorrow, irene…”