Bae Joohyun Leave Me Alone

Between the Lines

If Seulgi could have a tattoo that says: "Bae Joohyun Leave me alone" marked in her forehead she would have it ages ago. Irene has a pride too and knew how to shut herself up, today is one of those rare days.  

So for now, Irene alternates from reading fan letters to just eyeing Seulgi silently as they are both sitting down and enjoying the silence, well, mostly Seulgi enjoying the silence with a pen and a bunch of papers and smiling to herself, Irene scoffs: "Lost in her own world again, must be sketching another cereal box character..." 

Irene is now going through the 2nd fan letter that is taking up most of her attention as she takes a while longer to read it, she was grinning at the fan's compliments not only to her but for the rest of the members and she can't wait to show it especially to Joy later when she's home. She's still smiling until she lightly slapped the couch from laughing a bit too much when it came to Seulgi's part.

"Don't move too much..." Irene stopped laughing and thought she was hallucinating and turned her head to Seulgi. Did she actually heard Seulgi talking to her? "What did you just said? Did you just uttered something?" Irene animatedly slapped the space between them when she doesn't hear a reply, earning a scowl from Seulgi. The girl just sighed: "I said, Don't move too much... I'm kind of sketching you, so don't move too much.."

 

Irene could only glare and is Seulgi actually serious right now. Trying not to kill the conversation, she tries to brighten up the atmosphere by saying: "Alright, do you want me to do a pretty pose? Like this?" as she tried a goofy pose with her best smile but Seulgi is concentrating on sketching and Irene feels rejected again when Seulgi looked up from the papers and just said: "What? No, just continue what you were doing earlier..." 

 

Here goes the long silence, again. 

 

Irene resumes reading the fan letter and just shifts uncomfortably from time to time, she eyes Seulgi, she's not even staring at her how can she sketch her face. She observes the girl's furrowed eyebrows and occassional lip . So much for shutting up, Irene is on her 4th letter when she said: "Well, were you at least going to show me the sketch when it's done?" 

Seulgi miraculously smiled and said: "Sure, in fact it is almost done..." 

If Irene hadn't noticed it earlier, she's sure feeling the intense gaze from Seulgi now, maybe it's for the finishing up touches. Irene bravely gazed at Seulgi as well, and the younger girl is even smiling mischievously. Irene is now the one who looks away from the gaze.

A few minutes later, she now observes Seulgi patting her head in glee, a habit that Irene sure finds adorable when it comes to her. "I'm finally done sketching, would you like to see the best one out of these batch???"

These batch, just how many sketches has Seulgi done, Irene bit her lip at the thought, maybe the younger girl doesn't really dislike her that much. She saw that smile turn to frown as Seulgi asks again: "Would you like to see the best one, or not?"

Irene smiled sweetly and nods, holding out her hand in the process to receive the paper. Seulgi obliges, gave her the paper, stood up from the couch clutching the rest of the sketches with her and whistles her way to the kitchen. Through her smile, Irene thought the butterflies in her stomach is an understatement as she flips the paper excitedly to see what Seulgi has drawn. 

 

 

...

 

 


Ah, that girl is really something, Irene furrowed her brows at the drawing, it is none other than a scenery of a cabbage farm with a pink cabbage at the center with a huge speech balloon that had "MIC?! MIC?!" in it.

 

"Yah, Kang Seulgi!!!! What kind of joke is this?!!!" Irene shouted as she stomps her way to follow Seulgi to the kitchen.