Between the Lines

Between the Lines

Seulgi is never the type to pay attention.

At airports, she would seem to easily get lost.  During random times that she really does pay attention is when she's with Wendy.  Those are short-lived as well.

 

It is a typical night and they are lounging around the dorm at this time.

 

Seulgi seems busy with a new game she has downloaded and has been at it for hours now. Irene, tries to engage herself into a conversation with her, but it seems the odds are not in her favor as always.

"You know how much I dislike it, when you force me to listen to some random song.." Seulgi remarks through a blank expression, and just scratches her left cheek and resumes playing with her phone regardless of Irene's nth attempt into coaxing her to listen into a new release of this certain band she likes.

"It is not even really random, trust me you will like this one..." Irene smiles, and even sits closer to the younger girl.

"I… have my own bunch of songs to listen to..  and.. and right now I am too occupied and sleepy for this…" as Seulgi continues, "Ah, I might even be calling it a night.." as she yawns.

 

Wow, talking about rejection.

 

"Right, sleepyhead." Irene continues to coax her while singing random lines of the song a bit loudly, but to no avail, the girl’s attention is somewhere.

"Fine, I'll leave you alone, I'll just prepare something to eat... Want some?" Irene says as she walks away from Seulgi, leaving her in the couch.

Seulgi just shakes her head and feigns a yawn, clearly not having any of it.

 

 

Minutes later, Irene walked in on a sight of a sleeping Seulgi on the couch, with hanging open, and..  Is she even hearing a snore?!

"Oh, she wasn't bluffing when she said she was sleepy, she even forgot to take her earphones off."

Irene poked Seulgi's cheek in a feeble attempt to wake her up and for her to sleep properly in her room, nope not happening.

She tries to whisper at Seulgi's ear, removing the right earphone in the process but to her surprise, she hears a very familiar tune coming from it, to be sure she scanned the couch for Seulgi's phone and swipes through it, it was the same song she was bugging Seulgi the whole night.

The playlist simply says: Baechu, and she scans through song after song, after song that she even forgot some of it, if she really recommended it to Seulgi or just some track they both danced and sang to when they were still trainees. The attempt at waking the girl up is long forgotten as she hides the blush from her cheeks and grins like an idiot as she scrolls through the list.

Yep, Seulgi is never really the type to pay attention. Irene should have known.