Charismatic You

Between the Lines

"See if you swipe here it will bring up the list of apps you wanted. Then you just have to touch this icon annnnd it launches the app." Seulgi smiles. "This is the latest model in the market and with ample amount of battery juice you won't have to worry about bringing extra powerbanks. The signal reception is excellent as well, you can take it to mountains and still get crystal clear talk, like the person on the other line is just talking to you face to face..." Seulgi continues to explain about the cellphone's features to her 1st customer for the day. Which is unnecessary since the girl already bought it without batting an eyelash but Seulgi still have this need to explain the phone's features. Her co-workers think she has this serious love affair with gadgets that she can spend a whole day talking about them and not getting bored of it.

 

Plus, the customer is cute, it's a win win situation.

 

Joohyun heard the pretty girl talk about CPU, GPU, chipset, cores and RAM and honestly the only ram she knows is an animal and she's not sure how related that would be to her newly purchased phone and she would dare not to know.

 

"Oh.." Joohyun just flipped the device as her stoic expression is unchanging.

 

"It's top notch when it comes to imaging technology too, thanks to its efficient front and back cameras, hang on, I'll take your picture." Seulgi beams as she takes Joohyun's picture but the girl has changed her expression from stoic to a shy one as the phone's camera flashes.

 

"..."  Joohyun now bows her head and tucks her hair in her ear. Seulgi felt defeated while she shows the picture she had just taken. Normally, customers would be giddy when she does that, some would even make cute poses and even ask her to be included in the frame, so much for being charismatic.

 

 "Should I get you another model, instead?" Seulgi worriedly asks (as the girl is already holding a fresh device and not a demo unit and oh god please don't make her ditch this purchase, she has already paid for it!!!)

 

"It's fine, just that I am uncomfortable when it comes to having my picture taken." Joohyun mumbles.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry... I didn't know..." Seulgi said in between pout and Joohyun smiles at the gesture.

 

So the girl knew how to smile, Seulgi smiles too and now feeling her confidence coming back.

 

"Okay, so show me the part where I can make calls." Joohyun interrupted.

Seulgi looks at her like she had seen an alien, she quickly launches the phone's call app and shown Joohyun where to dial numbers.

 

"What's your number?" Joohyun randomly asks, eyes on the phone screen as she fiddled with the device.

 

"Excuse me?

"Your number."

"..."

"Well this is my new phone and I don't have contacts on it yet?" Joohyun explains.

 

Right, Seulgi recited her mobile number and she's not sure why she gave her personal number and not the one she used for work purposes.

 

"Name?"

"S-Seulgi."

"Alright, I got it. That's all I need to know." Joohyun prepares to leave.

 

Seulgi hands out the rest of Joohyun's purchase and the girl gladly takes it and walks out of the shop.

 

x

 

Seulgi is now close to the end of her shift and she's the last one to leave the shop everytime save for the owner who shares the same passion as she have when it comes to gadgets.

 

 

"I'll be going now, Yura.."

 

Yura shoos her away with nods as the latter is too engrossed in a video game to answer coherently.

 

Seulgi just shakes her head and as she walks out of the shop, she heard her phone ringing. She stays rooted on the spot.

 

"Hello?"

"Hi. This is Bae Joohyun, not sure if you can still remember writing my name on the purchase receipt this morning."

"Of course, I remember." Seulgi suppressed a grin.

"You weren't kidding when you said this phone has crystal clear reception, like the person on the other line is just in front of you."

"Yeah, the wonders of technology, huh? Are you at the mountains now?" Seulgi laughs.

 

"Sorry to disappoint you, but no..." Just then, Seulgi's laughs died when she noticed Joohyun is smiling and standing in front of her, still holding the phone next to her ear.

 

"Damn right."

 

"So Seulgi, care to accompany me for dinner?" as Joohyun speaks to the phone while still gazing at her.

 

"Dinner sounds very tempting right now." Seulgi smiles through her reply.