Panda and Pancakes

Between the Lines

The members heard the doorbell rang repeatedly so early in the morning.

 

"Ddeulgi, go check it.." Joy nudged Seulgi's foot while they were having breakfast.

"Joy, you are the closest one from the door, you go check it..." Seulgi yawns.

"No, you.." Joy tried to pull an aegyo when the eldest called her name.

 

"Soo.."

 

It didn't take the next syllable for Joy to stand up and check who is interrupting her breakfast.

 

Seulgi could not believe Sooyoung's eyes are as big as saucers now that she repeatedly check the peephole and back to her unnies at the kitchen. Hah, and they said she's the dumb one.

 

"Unnies! Crap.. the visitors!!"Joy is now between whispering and shouting.

"Just open the door!" Seulgi now stood up because Joy's face is a mixture of hyperventilating and constipation.

 

Wendy went out of their room, awake to the sound of the noise in the living room and curiously follows Seulgi.

 

Now it's Seulgi's turn to look at the mysterious visitors and instantly backs away as if the door burns.

Seulgi and Joy now look at each other and raced to Yeri's room as they chanted, "Wake Yerim up, offer Yerim as a blood sacrifice...!"

 

"Weirdos.." Wendy just opened the door and welcomed the sight of their unusual visitors.

 

"Hi. Usual company routine? The higher ups wants us... uh, her, to pay a visit, so we are... hah.. here." the eldest one shoves the half asleep companion to stand up straight.

 

"Oh what a surprise, please please come in.." Wendy repeatedly bows as she let the visitors inside.

 

x

 

"Yerim wake up.. Your fellow demons paid a visit.." Joy smothered the youngest with a pillow while Seulgi lazily tickled Yerim's feet.

"Really Unnie? That's the best you can do?" Joy shakes her head at the sight.

"At least I am not trying to murder her like what you are doing..." Seulgi sulks and pins the girl's feet down.

"What the hell are you two doing, I am already awake... Can't breathe... Can't move!" Yerim muffled through the pillow.

 

", sorry, come on get up. No need to waste time..." Joy exhales and prepares herself for war.

 

x

 

The cold atmosphere in the room seems evident now as Irene and Wendy faced the visitors.

 

"Soooo, where is my Yerim? Have you guys been feeding her well?" Jessica smiled albeit a bit too friendly for their taste, seems like she is in a good mood this morning.

 

"Of course unnie, it's a priority to keep the members well fed and... uh.. healthy.. ha ha..." Wendy tries to liven up the mood.

 

Irene and Jessica seem to be having a staring contest, as Hyoyeon interrupted: "Are you cooking pancakes, Wandy??"

 

"Sunbae-nim, Irene, my name is Irene..." Irene replied.

"Yeah, that's what I said, Irene..." as she now looks at Wendy.

"Unnie, I am Wendy and she's Irene.." Wendy mused.

"Ah, so you punks decided to avoid my pancake question.." as she now looks at no one in particular.

"You fool, I brought them food..." Jessica knocks on Hyoyeon's head and added "Sorry kids, is on a jetlag from her hometown, Pluto.."

 

"Pluto is a planet, not a town..." Hyoyeon quipped.

 

x

 

Just then the three members entered the living room with Yerim leading them.

 

Jessica immediately stood up to hug the maknae, who's the only one wearing a full smile in the room.

"Ah, Yerim my child, the maknae I can never have..." Jessica pats Yerim's head and smiles at her warmly.

 

"That's because we kicked you out..." Hyoyeon muffled through a mouth full of pancake.

 

"Hyoyeon I didn't even asked you to speak.." 

 

...

 

 

"Unnie, I am glad you visited! Did you bring my favorite food?" Yerim now interrupts and bounces from excitement.

"Of course, I will never forget... So are the members treating you well?" Jessica suspiciously eyed Joy and Seulgi who are now uselessly crouched behind Irene.

 

"Lolololololol you guys are bad at hiding..." Hyoyeon is on her 3rd pancake now.

"Ohmygod, I brought it for them, don't eat it all up!" Jessica swats Hyoyeon's hands away from the food.

"Yes unnie, they have been treating me well, Joy unnie woke me up today with a pillow..." Wendy's eyes are now pleading Yerim to just not say something

 

"Pillow.. fight.. He he he..." Yerim claps at herself.

 

Irene could only just watch Jessica carefully.

 

"It's okay for them to bully you sometimes, but do not forget to bully back, okay?" Jessica smiles and Yerim's smile matches hers too well.

Joy shuddered at the demonic bond.

 

x

"You, Ears..." Hyoyeon pats Seulgi to sit beside her.

"Y-Yes, unnie?" Seulgi nervously follows Hyoyeon's command.

"I've been sent here by the higher ups because they said something about tension in the group, you and Wandy have been fighting?" Hyoyeon now points the fork at Irene.

"Unnie, I'm... Irene..." Irene now wonders where the fight rumor came from.

 

"It is normal to fight, sometimes I wanna choke Hyoyeon in her sleep while we're overseas.." Jessica interrupts.

"Yeah, that's why it is OT8 now O T 8?" Hyoyeon motions number 8 to further emphasized her point.

"Wow, my feelings are hurt, reaaaaaaally." Jessica just sighed and pets Yerim.

 

 

"She continuously pats Yerim's head like a pet, what the ..." Joy whispered to Wendy. Wendy could only just glare at Joy and hushes her.

 

"You punks always avoid my question... So the tension is true?" Hyoyeon now talks in a serious manner

"It's not true, Unnie..." Seulgi immediately replied.

"We are not fighting, and no one is fighting in this group as far as I am concerned." Irene looks at Hyoyeon, wondering why she chose to wear dark shades even inside the dorm.

 

"NO tension. Love quarrels, then." Jessica snaps her fingers.

"Can't escape the gay in SMEnt, I am the only straight woman in this company!" Hyoyeon clutches her heart as she speaks.

"That's not true, Unnie!" Wendy, Joy and Yeri shouted in unison unaware of the two whose heads are bowed.

 

"Wow, I can't believe that worked..." Hyoyeon laughs and Jessica follows.

 

"It's a love business between those two, then that is out of our control, Hyo. Let's bounce..." Jessica now motions Hyoyeon to stand up.

"I haven't even finished eating..." Hyoyeon now takes out her shades and glares at Jessica.

"Do you want me to complete your Panda look? You have been a pain all morning...." Jessica whines and along with the kids now observe Hyoyeon's left black eye.

 

"This is why you punks should never follow Jessica's footsteps... You punks..." Hyoyeon mutters as she puts her shades back on.

"That's what you get for waking me up to what, to follow company's orders, I am not even in SMEnt anymore. What the Hyo, just be glad I love these kids..." Jessica faked a punch along Hyo's direction as the latter ducks instantly.

 

"I'm sorry Jung, old habits die hard, you know you're the first member I would call.." Hyoyeon flashes out a peace sign.

"Oh, as for you two, you better fix whatever it is you are arguing about.." Jessica stares at Irene and Seulgi.

 

"..." The two just shared awkward glances.

 

"Kaayyyy time for us to leave, thank you kids for the pancakes!" Hyoyeon now places her arm around Jessica as they head out.

"I.. brought.. the.. pancakes.. genius.." Jessica pushed Hyo playfully but Hyo ended up stumbling.

 

All members now stood up to assist a disoriented Hyoyeon carefully.

They all heaved a sigh of relief as they all said their goodbyes. 

 

Just then, the doorbell rang again, all of them are now confident to open the door to greet their next visitor.

 

"By the way, Kang Seulgi, just in case you are not informed, there are pictures of you and my sister all over the Internet, it seems you two are spotted last night? Thought you should know. Bye." Jessica now closes the door on her own and finally leaves, after seeing the members in a state of shock for 10 seconds.

 

"Kang Seulgi... Where were you last night?" Irene asks Seulgi as the latter just shakes her head.

"I was with the members!" Seulgi now eyes the members as they retreated to their room.

 

"Come on, help me out here...!" Seulgi helplessly calls them out as Irene comes closer to her.

 

"Kang Seulgi.. I am asking you one more time..." Irene is now smiling but Seulgi knows better.

"Those pictures are photocropped! Photocropped! I wasn't with Krystal Jung. Believe me, Irene." Seulgi now pleads.

 

"Unnie! It is called Photoshop not Photocrop!" Yerim's head peeked from the doorway as she yells.

 

"Yerim! That's not helping!!!" Seulgi yells back.




* #RIPSeulgi
** Seulgi was telling the truth
*** Hyoyeon ate all the pancakes