Spell 2

Between the Lines

“She’s following you like a crazy woman again, Unnie.” Joy looks toward the black hooded person who’s tailing them as they walked towards their dorm.

“Is she?”
“Yeah.”

 

“Go ahead with the others, I’ll talk to her.” Irene stopped in her tracks and walked towards Seulgi who’s hiding behind a tree.
 

“Yah!”
“...”

“Yah! Show yourself up!”
Seulgi now timidly shows up from where she’s hiding and Irene hits her playfully by her stomach.

 

“I told you to stop doing that! It scares the members off.”
“Sorry, part of my nature, must enhance my predatory skills and all.” Seulgi grinned showing her tiny fangs.

“Predatory skills showing up at pizza shops asking them to put extra garlic and cheese in, oh and how you surprised that pizza delivery boy by tipping him with gold coins. Gold coins! So medieval!”


Seulgi just hugged Irene to stop her from whining. It works, most of the time.

 

x

 

True enough, a month has passed and Seulgi’s urges for blood appeared, the red velvet members now carry crosses and holy water with them. Joy specially would cast malicious stares towards her every time she visits the dorm. Yeri on the other hand would have a Nerf Super Soaker gun ready and would point it at Seulgi in every chance she could while mouthing: “Bang Bang~~”.

Seulgi would be especially fond of Wendy following and sniffing her around, but the girl would just pat her head like it’s no big deal.

 

Her girlfriend on the other hand has been teasing her into drinking her own blood, much to Seulgi’s horror. “I can’t do it, I can’t hurt you Irene...”

“I have vampire now, the thought of you biting my neck, arouses me...” Irene teased Seulgi one night as they were alone in the room.
“Huh?” Seulgi tilted her head as she looks at her girlfriend.

Irene hugged the girl but not before putting her hair on one side giving the vampire a full view of her neck: “Just try, do it just once.”

Seulgi hesitated, but the thought of her girlfriend wanting it brings out all the curiosity in her, she heaves in deep breaths: “Okay just one, just one.. Just one...”

“Just one bite.” Irene’s eyes look dreamy as Seulgi agrees to her request.

“Ready?” Seulgi nipped Irene’s neck as she goes for the bite, causing the girl to hug her tighter. “I’m sorry Irene, I’m sorry...” she kisses her neck and goes for the bite for real this time.

As she drinks a bit of her girlfriend’s blood, Seulgi immediately backs away in terror.

“Why’d you stop???!” Irene stomped as she shouted.

Seulgi’s face can be pictured in a mix of disgust and terror: “Irene, what’s your blood type?”

 “A.” Irene frowns.
“Oh... Hahahaha..” Seulgi scratches her head.
“What’s the matter?”
“I am allergic to type A blood. I mean don’t be offended, it’s just I’ve known this just recently when Krystal pointed it out. Took me a hundred years to know why some humans taste disgusting.”

 

“So I am disgusting?”
“No no no, I didn’t mean it that way!”
“You just said it.”
“That’s not what I mean!!!!” it’s the vampire’s turn to stomp her feet now.

 

“Get out.”

 

“Yeri, ever saw a vampire whine?” Joy prodded Yeri’s shoulder.
“Huh?”

“Look.” Joy pointed at Seulgi’s direction.

Both cackled at Seulgi, who’s now cutely clawing and whining at Irene’s door.

 

x

 

Red Velvet has another concert schedule that will last until dawn so Seulgi preferred to stay inside the house and pester Krystal. It didn’t help the fact that her girlfriend is still mad at her regarding the blood type incident and would not return her calls.

“We are breaking up....” Seulgi pouted.
“Krystal help me...”

 

“...”
 

“Krystallllllllllll....”
 

“...”

“Don’t you have other productive things to do??!” Krystal glares at Seulgi.

“We are never... ever.... everrrrr.... getting backkk... togetheerrrr.....” Seulgi mumbled that Taylor Swift song as her face inched closer towards Krystal.

“Stop disturbing me, go fly or something...” Krystal pushes Seulgi’s face away.
“We can fly?” Seulgi pokes Krystal’s cheeks while she’s busy reblogging stuff.

“Yeah?”
“Show me?”
“No.”
“Show meeeeeeeee.”
“I am busy.”
“You’re just on tumblr?”

 

Krystal rolled her eyes and stood up.

“Okay but let’s ride my car, not that stupid Volvo of yours.”
“What’s wrong with my car?”
“Everything.”
“But you like Kristen Stewart.”

 

“Damn right I do.”

 

x

 

So, here they are at an abandoned building beside a power plant within the city with Krystal’s Nissan GT-R parked just nearby.

Vampire Seulgi practiced flying for the first time, she landed well but then Krystal’s normal stoic face had turn into a crying mess as she laughs.

“I have landed well. What?”
“You landed well, but you’re just supposed to jump down. Just leap, I didn’t tell you to flap your arms, stupid. We are vampires, not birds.”

“Okay, I’ll try again...” Seulgi smiled.

Minutes have passed and Krystal went impatient: “You stupid, where are you?!”
“I am on the 25th floor now 15 floors to go.” Seulgi pants as she answered the call.
“What?! Where are you specifically.”
“Stairs. Going up. Ah!” Seulgi’s heavy footsteps can be heard on the line.
“You idiot, if you can leap down then you can just leap back up, no need to use the stairs!!!” Krystal is yelling now.

 “Really?!”

“Seulgi.. How do you even live?”
“We’re already technically dead.”

 

“Shut up and just leap, I’ll wait for you here.”

 

Seulgi now again landed perfectly on her feet but unfortunately she crashed towards the power plant’s outdoor electrical switchgear causing a citywide power interruption.

 “I landed well!!! Hahahahahahahaa!” Seulgi laughs as she was approaching Krystal but not until something exploded by her background like an action movie ending.

“SEULGI! WHAT THE !!!!!” Krystal screams.
“Amazing effects!!!” Seulgi looked back towards the explosion and smiles at Krystal.

“I think you just caused a citywide blackout!!!”
“Holy , this means my girlfriend’s concert is cancelled.”

 

“Let’s get the out of here!” Krystal drags Seulgi into the car.
 

x

 

With the cancelled concert, Seulgi immediately waits for Irene to come home, she’s now lying peacefully by the girl’s bed. Vampires can’t be sued for trespassing right?

She now heard commotions by the doorway and she’s more than delighted to know that they’re back.

“That blackout really... Such an inconvenience! We practiced hard for that!”
“Did the news mention what caused it?”
“Not really, just some explosion by that power plant.”

 

“Kids, I’m tired I’ll sleep early.” She can hear her girlfriend say as she opened the door.
 

“ you scared me! What are you doing here!”
“I’m here to apologize. Again.”

Irene frowns as she lies in the bed beside Seulgi: “It’s a long day, you’re lucky I am tired, I’m sick of being upset as well.”

“Am I already forgiven?” Seulgi snuggled closer towards Irene’s neck.
“Yeah....”

 

“Have you changed your mind about that vampire ....” Seulgi playfully nips her neck and Irene lightly pushed her away.

“You said I’m disgusting!”
“Ah no no, let’s not bring that up again please.” Seulgi cups Irene’s face as she kisses her.

 

Irene groans as she can feel Seulgi’s fangs interrupting the kiss.
“Your fangs are in the way.”

“Sorry. Just got excited.”
 

“But seriously, I’m tired, I need my sleep. Will you stay?” Irene touches Seulgi’s cheek as she speaks.
“Yeah, I’ll just watch over you like the predator that I am.”

“Tch.”

 

“Irene... Are you already sleeping?”
“No...”

 

“I have to confess something...”
“What is it?” Irene now faces Seulgi.

“I was practicing flying earlier, and I crashed into that power plant.. I... might... be the cause of the citywide blackout... I didn’t mean it though.. I just-“
“You what?!!! We practiced so hard for tonight’s event. You know that!!!”

 

 

 

Morning came and the members found Seulgi clawing at Irene’s door again.