Bunny and Bear

Between the Lines

Joohyun arrived to a dark dorm as she opens the door. She tried to flick the switch on but it won't work. Rose petals scattered on the floor as well as a candlelit trail that leads all the way towards the kitchen. She clutched the huge paperbag she's holding as she follows the trail. As much as she hates to admit this is cliche as hell but what to expect from the hopeless romantic Kang Seulgi. She fought the urge to roll her eyes.

 

Arriving at the kitchen, as expected of course it is a candlelit dinner and Kang Seulgi is standing there with a very messy apron on and looking so disheveled.

 

"Hyun.." she said with a lopsided grin, and Joohyun smiles back.

 

"Hey.." Joohyun approached the table as she inspected the dinner Kang Seulgi has prepared.

 

 

Amidst the neatly arranged bouquet of roses and romantically lit table with wine, her eyes almost bulged from their sockets when she saw a pair of PB&J sandwiches on both plates.

 

"Seulgi, what-"

 

"H-Hyun.. Hyun I know I can't cook as good as Wendy, I mean I tried, we tried baking a cake see, she taught me the whole week to bake a cake but this afternoon it all went to waste, and the rest already left to give us some alone time so I can't salvage it, and.. sandwiches are all I can prepare without ing things up..."

 

"..."

 

"Hyun, say something..."

 

"Dumb bear..." Joohyun laughs.

 

"Wha-"

 

"You know I wasn't really expecting you'd do this cheesy romantic route, I mean I don't expect anything from you at all, I thought you forgot about our 100 days... I expected you to be sleeping when I got here.. But, I was wrong..."

 

Seulgi stays rooted in her spot, as Joohyun comes closer.

 

"Thank you for this... Thank you, Seulgi..."

 

"You're not mad?"

 

Joohyun changes her sweet expression to a cold one and Seulgi flinched.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I would be if the sandwiches are poisoned."

"Ah no no, it's not.."

 

 

 

 

x

 

 

 

"Oh and I got something for you.. I randomly saw that while I was having lunch.." Joohyun handed her the paperbag in between munching the sandwich and Seulgi hesitantly opened it.

 

"Eh, uhm actually it's something for both of us.." Seulgi looked up from the paperbag to stare at Joohyun.  

 

"This is fun.." Seulgi smiled.

 

 

x

 

 

The trio arrived that morning to the sounds of floor squeaking.

 

"Unnie are we sure it is already safe to go in? I have a feeling Seulgi unnie ed up again."

"Yah yah be glad she didn't burn the dorm down."

"I'm sure it is safe, but what the hell is that squeaking sound..."

"Quick unnie I want to pee! Open the door."

 

 

 

"Squeak! Squeak!"

 

As Joohyun now laughs at Seulgi trying to do moonwalk and distracting her while she cooks the breakfast.

 

"Come on Hyun! Dance with me!"

"No."

 

"Dance. With. Me!"

Joohyun hesitated but gave in and danced with Seulgi, both their slippers making noisy squeaking sounds on the floor.

 

x

 

"I got to pee, this is too much!"

"What the hell? Are we sure they're not twelve?"

"Matching brown bear and pink bunny slippers with squeaking sounds, huh, how... mature.."