Between the Lines II

Between the Lines

SEULGI'S POV

Irene is the type that talks to people even when they have earphones on

 

Sunday night, no promotions, no schedule. No sleep interruptions. 

Seulgi smiles as she's resting on the couch. I love sundays.. I love sleep.. but she heard Irene humming that song for the nth time tonight, and here she comes invading Seulgi's personal space.

Seulgi thinks she's a total genius when she pretends to be extra busy on the phone with earphones on but Irene sits closer
and she caught herself dumbfounded, again. 
She feigned a blank expression as she complains about the track, or Irene, or both. Even scratching her left cheek to suppress a grin because Irene is acting extra cute.

The thing is, it is never the song that's the problem, it's Irene's proximity and how she gets lost in those pair
of eyes every time Irene talks and smiles.

Seulgi always makes it a point to look away during eye contact. 

But Irene is the one that's not making even more sense, because here she is, continues to sing lines to her when it is clear she had her earphones on, so she put her phone on mute as she would always prefer Irene's singing even if she does it a bit dramatically and off key now to further convince her to listen.

Seulgi chants in her head: "Make this stop, make this stop..." as she complains again, making mental notes of the lines Irene
are singing while she's battling the need to sleep or stare at her. 

Seulgi is not a multitasker.

She heard Irene ask about food but she is still stuck in those lyrics that she's about to search, that she's scared to say a single word knowing it would be the lyrics that she's about to blurt out. 

Shaking her head is the best option, but sleep is the biggest enemy next to Irene's songs and adorable smiles.

Seulgi mutters to herself while rubbing her eyes: "I love sleep and I love I.. I love sleep, but I will always choose Irene, so I will stay up..." as she adds the new song to her well-kept playlist.

 

...

 

Seulgi caught herself humming by the 3rd loop, but by the 6th, sleep won.

Irene is the type that whispers gibberish to Seulgi while she sleeps, and Seulgi wouldn't know.