Getting closer

The next-door detective and policeman

Yein's P.O.V

"Rinnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggg!"

Another day of work.Basically another boring day.But I should always be excited and greet a new day with a smile right?

I ran to Sujeong Unnie's room and jumped up and down on her queen sized bed.

"Wake up wake up wake up!Its Time for work!"

"Ugh alright alright little girl!"

She sat up still half asleep and made her way to the washroom.I washed up too and made breakfast for us.I made pancakes for us.I cooked while thinking of the policeman next door.Jungkook.Why am I thinking about him?The sizzling sound of the melted butter on the frying pan woke me up from my dreams.I payed the pancakes on two plates each and went to the dining table.Sujeong Unnie was already there,fiddling with her phone.

"Oooh pancakes,my favourite"

We ate and made our way to work.Once we entered,I was needed urgently by Dr Jin.Seems like there was another crime case operation.My job was slightly more serious than Sujeong unnie's one.Hers was to make sure patients drink and eat their medicine and take care of them while mine was to help the doctors with operations.Usually those with gunshots from crime cases.

In the emergency room,I helped Dr Seokjin to remove the bullet from the patient.The operation was a success as usual.Obviously.Its The Seoul Medical Hospital.I cleaned up and went out of the emergency room and overheard a conversation.

"Oh?Jungkook!What are you doing here policeman?"

"Hi Hyung!The patient you just operated on was a victim of a bank robbery.I'm here to know whether he's alive and take his statement.Well that's what I usually do"

"Ah I see,How about you ask Yein?I need to hurry home now,Myungeun is waiting for me"

"Alright then.Bye!"

Dr Jin waved back and went to the car park.His wife,Myungeun Unnie,was pregnant with a two month old baby.She worked as one of the nurses too but Dr Jin insisted she stayed at home to rest.Anyway,back to the topic,Jungkook!?He's here?I think he saw me and approached me.

"Hi Yeinnie!Dr Jin told me to ask you for the patient's particulars!"

"Hi Jungkook-ssi!"

"Call me oppa,I'm older than you"

I could feel my cheeks heat up.

"Alright Jungkook oppa,the patient is fine,he just needs some rest.You can take his statement tomorrow"

"Alright then,oh and what time do you knock off work?"

"7pm,Sujeong Unnie knocks off at that time too"

"Then Taehyung and I will pick you two up!Wait for us!"

Before I could refuse,he ran away.A smile crept up my face and I continued with my work.

//Skip to 7pm//

"I'm Dead Tired!I can't wait to go home!"

Sujeong Unnie exclaimed as she wanted to drag me to the bus stop when I suddenly remembered Jungkook oppa's words.

"Wait!Jungkook oppa said Taehyung oppa and him would pick us up!"

Before she could question me,a car pulled up beside us.

"Hey Sujeongie!Get in!Lets go and grab dinner before we head home!"

"I agree with Hyung!"

Sujeong Unnie was dumbfounded and I had to drag her into the car.She sat on the front seat next to Taehyung oppa who was driving,and I clambered in the spot next to Jungkook oppa.

"Whatcha guys wanna eat?"

"Let's eat deobbeokki!Its my favourite!"

So Jungkook oppa likes deobbeokki too.Same as me.We all agreed on that and Taehyung drove us to a famous restaurant.

"Table for four please"

The waitress led us to a table for four and took our orders.She kept flirting with Taehyung oppa,and it seems that Sujeong Unnie was the most irritated out of the three of us.

Jungkook oppa and I rolled out eyes at the sight of it.Taehyjng oppa also looked uncomfortable.I could tell Sujeong Unnie was going to explode but thankfully Taehyung oppa said something first.

"Excuse me,but I have a girlfriend,so could you please stop flirting with me"

"Well,she doesn't have her name on you does she?"

"Well no,but she's here with me along with two other friends"

Taehyung oppa then pointed to Sujeong Unnie.Jungkook and I were trying to hide our laughter.The waitress then stormed off to the kitchen to pass the chef our orders.I erupted in laughter and so did the rest of us.We then ate peacefully with a waiter serving us this time.

On the car ride back to home,it was nothing but silence until Sujeong Unnie broke it.

"Hey Taehyung-ssi"

"Just call me oppa"

"Taehyung oppa,you're a detective right?"

He nodded his head.

"I need you to help me crack a case"

"Alright"

However,we reached our house and we had to say goodbye.

"Never mind.I'll tell you this Saturday if you are free?"

"Alright then,see you!"

Taehyung oppa then gave us his rectangular smile mischievously.He then drove off to park his car but went back.

"Hey!Let me get your numbers first!Jungkook wants them too!In fact,he asked me for Yein's number!"

"Shhhhhhhh!Hyung!"

I felt the heat creep up my cheeks as I inserted my number into Jungkook oppa's phone and Sujeong unnie inserted hers into Taehyung oppa's phone.

"Thanks!By the way Sujeongie,I'll consider it as a daaaatttttteee!"

They then drive off leaving Sujeong unnie blushing and dumbfounded once again.Seriously though,this is like,the third time she's dumbfounded?I had to drag her in,AGAIN.But being her best friend,I just still HAD to .

"Sujeong unnie has a date~"

"Shush Yein!"

I grinned cheekily,washed up and went to bed.I was about o doze off when a notification popped out on my phone.

Unknown number

Are you awake?Are you free on Saturday too?Lets hang out!By the way,it's Jungkook oppa:)

I smiled to myself and typed a quick reply.

To:Jungkook oppa

alright then!See ya!:)

I put my phone on the table next to my bed and drifted off into dreamland,feeling excited for this Saturday.

Sujeong's P.O.V

"Yein ah do you want some frui-

I saw her sleeping peacefully when I went to her room to offer her fruits to eat.I closed the door slowly,making sure not to wake her up.

I went to my own room and opened the small box I kept under my bed.IT seemed like a small treasure box which had the initials T and H.As small as a box to keep your ring in.It seems that it needed a key to open it.A boy I once met at a playground when I was younger had this.

//Flashback//

I was sitting on the swing in the playground,trying to push myself higher and higher.I couldn't succeed as i didn't have enough strength.I was only 7 then.

"Hi there!It seems like you're having trouble!Let me help you!"

He then pushed me and the swing was going higher and higher.I was having fun,and he was too.

We then played together for 10 minutes before he said he had to go back home.He ran away while waving at me and I waved back.I didn't even get his name.After he left and I was about to leave too,I found out that he dropped something.A small treasure box with the initials T and H on it.

//Flashback end//

Until now,11 years later,I'm still keeping it.Thats what I plan to ask Taehyung,whether he can solve this childish case of mine.I put it back under my bed and went to sleep.The answer would be waiting for me on Saturday.