Empty Place

A Case Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hosoek is lying in the bed. His head had been bandaged. Machines are attached to him. These are all vague pictures that Bomi sees but they seem unreal for her. She can't cry anymore, her tears are dried and now all that left her is devastation. She just wishes someone shook her and told her that she was dreaming and everything is fine. Finding out that she has a brother then loosing him on the very same day is too much for her to handle.

“Bomi...” A hand touches her shoulder. “There's nothing we can do here, let's go home.” Namjoon says the bitter truth. Absolutely there is nothing that they can do, or anybody else can do.

Bomi steps forward and pats Hoseok's hands lightly like it's a fragile thing.

“Oppa, please come back.”

 

 

The next day, office is quite silent; no one is really paying attention to what they are doing.

Bomi can't concentrate on JI Company's information that she is reading. She decided to copy some papers that they have to be classified.

As soon as Bomi pressed the start button of copy machine it growls, taking in papers and passing them out while beeping constantly which drives Bomi crazy.

“Stop it you fool...” Bomi screams at the machine and kicks it hard with her leg.

Jimin is the first person rushing toward her. He unplugged the copy machine making the annoying beeps come to an end.

“Why is this thing acting this way?” Jimin observes the copy machine. “I guess its settings need some readjustment.”

“Hoeok hyung fixes it…” Taehyung says unknowingly as a habit but remembering that Hoseok is in the hospital, Taehyung covers his mouth.

Tears gathered in Bomi’s eyes. Hoseok was the person who makes sure printers have papers, computers work properly, office had been cleaned and all other tiny things. They didn’t notice before but now that he is not there, his empty place is clearer than ever.

“I've got this.” Yoongi breaks the silent, heading to the copy machine. Taehyung drops his head and hits it to scold himself.

“I'll go get some air.” Bomi says soullessly, she feels like the walls of the office are choking her and she needs to get away. Everything in office reminds her of Hoseok.

“Want me to come with you?!” Jungkook asks, ready to do anything to make her feel even slightly better.

“I want to be alone, sorry.” Bomi turns around leaving office with her head down.

“None of us can feel what she is going through.” Yoongi comments after she left.

“She finds a way to get through it, it’s the nature of human.” Namjoon says with a deep voice that earns looks from others.

“Poor baby didn't even eat lunch.” Jin sighs.

“Did you inform Hoseok’s parents?” Yoongi asks Namjoon expecting that he has done it already.

“No… I couldn’t.” Namjoon says quietly and everyone looks at him knowing that they couldn’t call Hoseok’s parents too if they were in Namjoon’s place.

“But you have to.” Yoongi insists.

“Why don’t you do it yourself hyung, huh?! I can’t call and tell them their son is dying.” Namjoon bursts out suddenly.

“He is not dying…” Taehyung murmurs, he hates when they talk like Hoseok is going to really die.

“Why am I always the person who should do rough things? Just because I’m leader it doesn’t mean my heart is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter