New Job

A Case Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My dream as a child was to become a police officer, at first just because I loved the uniform. It may seems ridiculous but as a child I really found people in police uniform super cool. But then I found myself really interested in the job. So I studied really hard to go to police academy.

Because I don’t see the courage in myself to shoot people, I decided to become an office police, this way I can provide other police officers with lots of data and information. My job is really important and I was one of the best of my class when I graduated. People called me geek and yeah I can say that I was pretty good with computers and gadgets!

Because of my professor’s recommendation, I get a job at Seoul main police department.

First day of work was amazing for me. I couldn’t believe that I finally made it to work as a police. As I entered the big building, though I didn’t get to wear police uniform because I’m in information department but being surrendered by all the uniformed people looks like I’m living a dream!

The department I’m working in it is on the 17th floor, which is the last floor of the huge department. There aren’t any uniformed people in this floor, that makes me sad, but some officers visit now and then and then that’s my part to keep staring and drooling over their uniforms. Yeah I have a weird obsession with police uniform!!

For like five months I’ve trained and worked as an assistant under observation of a senior, I called her Nara unnie. She’s a fine and experienced police and since there aren’t many girls there, we became so close to the point that we share an apartment because we’re both from outside of Seoul.

One day after eating lunch with Nara unnie, I went to print some papers that we should deliver to crime department. When I enter our office, Nara was sitting behind her desk talking on the phone.

“Bomi-ah! I’ve got good news for you.” Nara tells me as soon as she hangs up.

“What is it unnie?” I ask curiously.

“There’s a new crew of officers working on crime cases and they wanted someone to help them in data investigating, so…”

“So…?!” I ask anticipating.

“So I recommended you!”

“Oh Really?!” My eyes grow wide but seeing Nara’s happy face I jump up and down. “Wow!! Thanks unnie!! This is huge!! I finally got a serious work!! This is awesome!! A crime case!!” I mutter words without breathing. My dream is becoming real. I can work as a real officer and maybe I get a chance to wear uniform!!

“I take care of these documents, hurry and go to crime department!” Nara takes the papers I was holding. “Go chase your dream, girl!”

“Thanks so much unnie!” I give her a quick hug before running out of room.

I walk while whistling happily to the 6th floor. I walk toward the end of the corridor where the 14th office is, unnie told me the crew is there.

I stand before the door that has a ‘BTS’s OFFICE” sign on it. I feel excited but also nervous. I fix my bangs and my high pony tail; I straighten the shirt I was wearing and take a look at my jeans and sports shoes.

Urgh…!!! If only I knew I’m getting a new case today, I wear something more formal. I look like a high schooler!!! I bet they are all in neat uniforms!! Aish…

I gulped down before knocking on the door. I wait anxiously but there’s no response. I open the door and sneak my head inside through the little gap. I eye the big equipped room; a big table with couch and armchairs in the middle, a white board and shelves at the left side, a small refrigerator in the righ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter