Reminder

Fatal Attraction

Chapter 20:

 

                We had finished eating the prepared lunch we brought. Youngbae washed up the dishes while I was arranging the groceries in the fridge. We were alone because the others were busy arranging their clothes in their rooms. Youngbae was looking at me minute after minute. I almost laughed at his action because he had to be careful talking because some people were here.

 

                He was about to talk when Bom showed up and said she was done. I was laughing my out with her super-duper timing. She asked me what was wrong but I just shrugged at her. But I laughed as I walked upstairs.

 

                CL was done unpacking too and she was lying in the bed thinking so deeply. I knew what she was thinking about anyway. I closed the door and said to her silently, “You shouldn’t be bothered by it.”

 

                She opened her eyes and stared at the ceiling. “I know but Dara, we’re not the type of person to hurt someone’s feeling,” she said.

 

                I sighed and went to sit beside her. “I know but CL, you shouldn’t forget that they are not someone to trust because they’re just like us,” I replied.

 

                CL chuckled and sat up. “I should really have the ignorance of Bom and your calmness and collectiveness once in a while.” She grinned at me.

 

                I ruffled her hair. “So cheer up and don’t be affected by that stupid Seungri,” I told her with a wide smile on my face.

 

                We were interrupted by the loud shout of Bom. “Guys!! We’re going out and build a camp fire. You follow when you’re done.”

 

                CL looked at me. “Go!” I said. “And wear your dazzling smile that will make him weak,” I teased.

 

                She nodded. “I’m irresistible after all,” she replied cockily.

 

                I shook my head in disbelief but that was the CL I knew not the irritable and warm hearted person. Well, she was but not in this kind of situation. While I was alone I unpacked all of my stuffs. Then the thought of hurting those three guys was not so great to see.

                It was Youngbae now who was at my door. He probably wanted to finish what he wanted to say. I looked at him and said, “Shoot!”

 

                “Dara,” Youngbae said.

 

                “I know okay. You knew them better than us. If we can rewind it, we will do our utmost best to avoid them but we didn’t plan for this because this is something that can’t be planned,” I muttered.

 

                “I know. I just needed to remind you that your worst and best trait is you never back down on your words and your plan.” He reminded me of the plan of vanishing. It was already in motion.

 

                While we were here, the helpers were already cleaning bits by bits our clothes in the walk in closets. The things unnecessary for the house were already disappearing bits by bits.

 

                “I would go back before they notice I was gone,” Youngbae said in excuse.

 

                “I want this trip to be fun. So please, removed that thought on your mind,” I said. He nodded then closed the door.

 

                What the hell was wrong? Everyone was reminding me of being careful not to break them. I was not even planning to but if worse comes to worst I had to and I had to accept the effect of my foolish revenge.

 

                A knock on the door cut me out of my reverie. “Who is it?” I asked.

 

                “It’s me,” Jiyong answered.

 

                I chuckled. “I’m sorry but I didn’t know someone with the name me,” I replied to him.

 

                I heard him laugh. “Well, you better come down now or our barbeque will be awful as hell because Seungri offered to do the marinade,” he said.

 

                I laughed at how he said awful as hell. “Just give me a minute and I will go down stairs,” I said and I heard him went down. I tidied the last bit of my clothes in the closet then went downstairs.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

                I heard them having a serious talk about how many cups of soy sauce they were going to put. I cleared my throat to get their attention. As they turned around, it was like they were caught doing something. They grinned at me.

 

                But clumsy little Daesung was, he bumped the hand of Seungri who was holding the bottle of soy sauce and there we go. It was flying in the air and they got a very black shower in care of the soy sauce. I just scratched my nape for the mess they did.

 

                I sighed. They looked at me then pouted. “I’m sorry,” they said while soaking wet with the dark liquid.

 

                I chuckled. “I know you want to be tan but I didn’t say that you can use that for it,” I teased them. “Just go and take your shower guys. I will clean this up before you’re done showering,” I said and shoved them out of the kitchen.

 

                When they were up, I let out my laugh because that was really hilarious. It was the first time I saw people soaking wet with soy sauce. Bom and CL came in the kitchen to gawk at the person laughing and they gasped when they saw the mess.

 

                “What the hell did the children do this time?” CL asked.

 

                “Shower the soy sauce,” I replied holding my mirth.

 

                CL and Bom ran upstairs to see those guys and all I could hear was laughter of the two girls. I was smiling too while cleaning up the mess. Then when their laughter subsided, they went down to help me.

 

                They were chuckling non-stop while wiping the sauce on the floor. I shook my head in disbelief. They were clumsy but it was a good thing to make this trip more fun. And when we were satisfied that it was clean and the kitchen didn’t smell soy sauce, I did the work.

 

                The girls helped me. CL was cutting the lettuce, carrots, cucumber, olives, and others for her salad while Bom was cutting the vegetable for the soup later. I looked at us. “Where’s Minzy?” I asked.

 

                “I’m here. I got lost for a second outside,” Minzy said sheepishly.

 

                “Did you roam around on your own?” I asked while looking outside. The cabin was deep in the forest so, it was kind of bit dangerous and creepy at night. She nodded.

 

                “Don’t do that without someone with you. This place maybe known to us but if the caretaker didn’t know you, he will shoot you down,” CL said seriously.

 

                Minzy gasped.

 

“And don’t you dare lie to us. I don’t want to do some harm to you,” Bom said sharply like a knife and her eyes so damn cold.

 

                “I know. You can have your faith in me,” Minzy said and putting her hands in her heart. I looked at her and she wasn’t lying about that. And Bom was kind of overprotective now because Daesung was included. She just didn’t want him to be hurt anymore.

 

                “Just be careful or bring Daesung or Youngbae with you when you’re going out,” I said not meaningfully this time but a warning. “Uncle George doesn’t hesitate in his shot.”

 

                “And now that was done, get the freaking chicken out in the fridge. We need that later because we’re having a feast for dinner.” CL set off the mood.

 

                Minzy nodded and did what she said. Heavy footsteps were heard just around the block and we, three, jumped in glee. The door opened and we saw the devil. He smiled at us and we hugged him. “Uncle George,” we chorused.

 

                “Miss you too girls but don’t choke me,” he said.

 

                “Oops,” we said and moved away. “Sorry,” we muttered.

 

                He nodded but his gaze went to Minzy. “She’s our friend,” I said while putting my arm around her to assure him that she really was our friend. Uncle George was part of the gang which was kind of protective over me because he was really my relative and was protective of the other two too.

 

                Then he was tackled by two big boys. He chuckled. “Hello to you too, Youngbae and Daesung.” He looked at the three topless boys and he saw their tattoos. He greeted them coolly then looked at me. “I need to talk to you,” he said.

 

                “Sure, if this is about what mom said to you?” I lied.

 

                Uncle George chuckled. “Just tell her, that I don’t want to come home,” he replied.

 

                “Tell her yourself,” I said while he led me the way out. I knew the other visitors where exchanging confused glances. Well, I couldn’t tell them my uncle hated the jokers because they killed his wife. That would not be a good idea. But yeah, he loathed them.

 

                And here we were walking just near the lake. Yep, I said lake. There was a lake in here near the cabin. He was waiting for me to talk and I was waiting for him.

 

                Uncle cleared his throat so many times before talking. “Why are you with them?”

 

                I sighed. “Youngbae and Daesung invited them. They are their friends,” I replied and he just looked at me. “I didn’t exactly plan it to be here but they came and I can’t just go there. It was someplace I didn’t want others to know,” I explained to him.

 

                “And if worse comes to worst?”

 

                I heaved a sigh and looked at him sadly. “You’re thinking like Youngbae.” Uncle George was thinking of us hurting them. Even if he loathed the jokers, he was caring too. “I order you to leave this place until I knew it was safe, you can never come back.” It was a direct order from the leader.

 

                Uncle nodded. “Just please, don’t let them ruin it. And when will this be?”

 

                I smiled sadly again. “A week from now, you have to be out of here. But the moment we leave here, I want all of your things be out of here within two days. That was my rough draft of days when I will see that guy,” I said to him.

 

                “As you wish, mademoiselle,” Uncle curtsied.

 

                I chuckled and bow too. “Please, I want to know your safe.”

 

                “I will be safe and will be gone within two days.” He nodded.

 

                I hugged him. “I don’t want to lose someone again in front of my eyes.” He squeezed my shoulders and murmured ‘you won’t’.  “I hope.”

 

                We went back with them watching television in the living room. I bid goodbye to him and he went back to his cabin. I didn’t bother them and just went to marinating the chicken and pork for the barbeque and Bom helped me.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

                 “He’s fine. You don’t have to worry,” I said to her unvoiced question. Bom smiled. Typical of her, she intends to worry too much sometimes. I instructed her to do this and that. She helped me do the dessert too. It was simple strawberry shortcake. She was excited to help because that was her favourite dessert.

 

                The next thing I knew all of them were already in the kitchen watching us bake. It was like we were on a show. “You should prepare the things needed for the bonfire,” I said to them.

 

                Youngbae stood up and nodded. “I’m so excited,” he cheered and Daesung joined. CL helped them and Minzy too. While Bom was sitting near the oven waiting for her cake, I smiled at how happy she was to bake her first ever cake.

 

                “Bom, you have to cut these strawberries into halves then slice some into quarters.” I said to her. She stood up and grinned at me. “Not quarters in square okay. Just slice the strawberry into half more.” I showed her then she nodded.

 

                While she was busy doing that, I was busy cooking the soup for dinner. It was already four in the afternoon already. Time moved fast anyway. “Top, while you are doing nothing but stare at us. Can I ask you to get that cooler outside?” I said to him while pointing where they put their beer.

 

                Top grinned and mocked a salute. “Don’t be like that,” Bom said. Maybe, just maybe, only Bom and Top will be together. They were like a cuddly cute couple. I wished for that someday, Bom looked so happy about it.

 

                Then I heard laughter outside. Bom and I went out just to see CL was being carried by Seungri like a child. If I was right, she taunted him that he can’t carry her with one hand. CL waved at us. I smiled and waved back. CL and Seungri would be a good thing too.

 

                Fear. Hate. Loss. Those were words that we all hated. They were things that outcomes were so unexpectedly and unbelievably hateful. They were unpredictable.