First Day

Fatal Attraction

Chapter 1:

 

I rolled down the window of the car and breathed in the air of this forestry place. It was still the same place I remembered, the cold chilling air that blew everywhere, the silent but not the spooky silence, and the familiar houses that were built even before I was born. We were travelling the familiar road to our old house. A smile came out of my face when it was shown in my view.

 

It was the same old mansion that I love. Oh yeah! I did say mansion. We were rich after all. My reverie was cut with the sudden stop of the van. My mom looked at me and smiled. I smiled back then slide the door open. The house was now in full view. A home when I was five.

 

As I roamed my eyes around the vicinity, memories came flooding my mind. It was the memories where Elliot was included. My smile fell when I remembered those. Yes, they may be happy memories but to me they were just painful memories of the past with my older brother.

 

My dad noticed my face then he pulled me to his side and rubbed my arms. He was comforting me. I smiled at him and he smiled back. He ruffled my hair before going back into getting the boxes. Ever since that happened, my family became more attentive of me. After all, I was the one who was most affected by the death. And for me to recover, they decided that it was going to be good if we left the house with most memories of Elliot with me.

 

“Sandara Park, is that you?” I looked at the person with the familiar voice. I screeched in joy and jumped to hug the person. She chuckled at my reaction but she was the best person in the world. Mama and Papa looked at me with smile on their faces.

 

“Nanny Fe! I miss you. How are you? Gosh! You still look the same since I was five. When did you come back from France? I thought…” She hushed me when my mouth was not stopping from talking.

 

“Breathe,” she said to me and I breathed in some air. She clicked her tongue. “You’re still the same and I told you to ask questions one at a time,” she reprimanded. I smiled at her sheepishly. “Now, now…how about we come in first and organize your things in your room.” She put her hands in my back and guided me inside the house.

 

Even inside, it was the same grand staircase to the second floor that will welcome your eyes. The receiving room for guests was still the same but it had new furniture in it. The living room was still the same plush white color and complementing pieces of furniture were put there. Papa’s office was still there too. It had the same homey feeling.

 

We went upstairs because that was where my room was. Nanny opened the doors for me when we reached it. It was still the grand carpeted bedroom I remembered with the same midnight blue painted wall. The four poster bed was in the middle with bedside table on each side. My study table was in the far corner with all the books, pencils and pens. I walked around and roamed my eyes to my sacred place at home.

 

I walked to the familiar door inside the room and opened it. I was always amazed how many clothes, shoes, bags and accessories I had. Yes, this was my walk in closet. My clothes were separated from colors and into varieties even on my shoes, bag and accessories.

 

Another door caught my twinkling attention. It was my own bathroom. It was the same marble stoned bathroom I always liked. When I finished exploring my room…

 

“So how are you feeling?” Nanny Fe asked.

 

I looked at her. She was sitting in the comfy couch that I told Mama to buy for me, and she was watching television. I jumped to the couch and she jumped slightly but unaffected. I put my feet in the table and crossed them. She raised a brow at me but I only grinned at her. She shook her head in disbelief while a smile was evidently in her face.

 

“If you’re talking about him, I’m coping up well,” I replied nonchalantly without glancing at her but I knew she was examining my face.

 

I heard her sigh but gave up questioning me. “It’s your first day tomorrow at school and you’re a senior already.”

 

I looked at her like she was a crazy person. When she saw my expression, she slapped my arms like a teenager. “Nanny, that hurts,” I complained at her.

 

She pouted like a child, when I saw that I laughed out loud. “This kid!” She said mockingly but she joined me in my fitting laughter. Mama and Papa who were at the door were smiling lovingly at me. It was like my laughter now was so precious to them.

 

“I thought you were going to put your things in place?” My mama crossed her arms in her chest.

 

I smiled at her. “I was going to do that but Nanny stops me,” I lied but Mama knew that and she joined my acting.

 

“Fe? Are you really helping her?” She raised an eyebrow. And that was it, I laughed so hard.

 

Then papa crushed me into a bear hug. I wrapped my arms around his neck. He lifted me like when I was a child and I wrapped my legs in his waist. I saw Mama smiled lovingly at us. “I really am okay. You worry too much about me,” I said that seriously. And this was the only time they believed me.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

I groaned when I heard my alarm clock. It was never the best sound ever after all. I sat up and stretched my limbs before I stood up and changed clothes and went for my morning run. I went to the garden because it was so huge and it was good for running.

 

An hour later, I went to my room and took a shower. I picked the simplest clothes to wear and mostly it had to be comfortable. I chose a denim shorts with a loose white tank top and my trusty rusty converse. I put on my ultimate make up partner a mascara and a red hue of lipstick.

 

Before I went down, I looked in my all over look and blew a kiss to my image in the mirror. I went straight into the dining room. Mama and Papa were already seated. I kissed them on the head before seating down with them.

 

“Excited for your new school?” Mama asked.

 

I looked at her. “Not really. I am more excited to see CL and Bom,” I replied then bit into my bread.

 

“Dara, no nasty actions, okay?” She looked at me with the eyes of an expectant mother. I nodded but who said I will not enjoy my senior year. We promised we would end it with a bang.

 

“Honey, let Dara enjoy her last year in high school,” Papa said. I grinned at him and he grinned back. “After all, it was her last year of being our baby,” Papa stated. I rolled my eyes at his drama.

 

“Fine! Just put it on a minimum fun.” Mama gave up. I smiled and thanked her. I looked at my watch and it was 7:30 in the morning. Shocks! I am going to be late.

 

I stood up abruptly. Mama and Papa looked at me but I ignored them. I drank my juice and kissed them goodbye. “Honey, first day of school and you’re going to be late. Way to start,” Papa shouted. I laughed at his statement.

 

I grabbed my helmet in the table and leather jacket on the coat stand and the keys too. I put on my helmet and rode on my baby red Ducati. I revved my baby and went down the road.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

My school was already on my sight. The school that catered different people in every gang, this was the place where my hunting starts. Northwest High was a school for the higher society. When I said it catered delinquents like the people in the circle, this was a serious school for studying for the people outside the circle because it had the best quality education to give a person but who said delinquents like them don’t study. Well most of the members in their respective cliques were from the upper society now.

 

My attention was caught by the multiple blow of horn. I looked in my side mirror only to see silver Lamborghini. The driver noticed that I didn’t recognize whoever the person was. The driver picked up speed and aligned the car to mine and rolled down the window. It was Chaerin Lee, one of my best friends since I was in diapers. She was the typical blond babe with the body to die for.

 

And then a red BMW pulled over with us. It was Bom Park, my other best friend. She had a short dark brown hair with a dark brown eye color and a body to die for too.

 

We entered now the lair and all eyes were on us. Was there something wrong with us anyway? I shrugged it off and parked my bike in the middle of the cars of my friends. They were already out of their cars. CL was wearing tight hugging pants and peplum floral top and black heels. I looked at Bom who was wearing a simple skater skirt and body hugging shirt and simple flat shoes.

 

They were waiting for me to pull off my helmet just like the rest of the crowd. These people were weird people. As I pulled it off my hair flew down my back naturally. I had a long dark brown hair but when sunlight flashed over it, it turned a little bit red. It was a typical magic of the hair.

 

CL gave me a wolf whistle while Bom gave me a giggle. I gave them my favorite y smirk which I got a fit of laughter’s from them. I slung my backpack then went to them.

 

“Nice rides, ladies,” I told them.

 

“Nice ride too, Dara. I never thought you were going to school on a motorbike,” CL said.

 

“I love thrills. That’s why,” I replied.

 

“Stop with the chatting. We need to get our schedules and locker numbers. And what’s with these stares?” Bom blurted.

 

“I don’t know. But we better get going or we’re going to be late,” I said.

 

We went to the office, which was so hard to find. Cliché it was but it was a y and smoking secretary we had here. I looked at the boys drooling over her. But to my disappointment, she was part of the serpent clique and CL and Bom saw it too.

 

“Excuse me. We are here for our schedules,” CL said politely.

 

She looked at us and smiled. “Wait for a moment. I’ll get it for you,” she replied. She stood up and knelt down then all of the boys in the office stood up and gawked at her . I hope they won’t go in here. When the secretary stood up, a smirk was on her face like she knew what happened earlier. Maybe, it was a daily occurrence.

 

She gave our schedules and locker numbers, even a map of the school. I looked at my watch. We only had five more minutes before the bell. We looked through our schedules. CL and I had the first, third and last subject together while Bom and I had the fourth, fifth and last subject together. Our second was alone time for the three of us.

 

“Great! I am going to be all alone for three subjects,” CL grumbled.

 

“Me too,” Bom agreed with her then they looked at me. I grinned at them knowing that I had only one subject for alone time. Then they groaned in frustration. What can I do? I was a lucky person.

 

Our heads jerked up when we heard a bang from the lockers. It was the sound of a person being pushed in the lockers. We, three, followed the eyes of our fellow students. I thought there was a fight but it was just two people each other’s faces.

 

The girl was in pleasure while the guy was busy roaming his hands everywhere. I noticed that only we were the one looking while the others were already busy in what they were doing earlier. I saw the serpents tattoo on the girl when the guy pulled her shirt earlier. Then I was snapped in my trance when I heard the girl loud intake of breath. Did she already reach her ?

 

“Aren’t they supposed to do that in a janitor closet?” Bom blurted loud. All eyes were now on us and CL and I were biting our lip so that we won’t burst out even the two who were making out were looking at us. Then Bom snapped at us. “What?”

 

I looked at her then breathed out. “It was nothing, right CL?” I urged.

 

“Yeah, yeah. We’re totally cool,” CL answered and it had no connection on the topic.

 

I shook my head. “It was really nothing, Bom.” But Bom gave me the ‘no answer now’ look. I sighed. I knew that even though their eyes were not on us they were waiting for my answer. “Things like…”

 

I was cut off by the ringing of the bell. It was a nice save. I smiled at Bom who was huffing out her frustration. Bom ran fast to find her room because we were going to be late. CL pulled my arm too. After all the hardships to find the room for Physics, we were late for half an hour.

 

CL breathed in then breathed out then she slid the door open and gave her shine bright like a diamond smile. I wanted to laugh at her but it wasn’t the time for that. The balding professor stopped in his discussion. He smiled back at CL.

 

“You must be the new students,” he said.

 

I knew CL will make a comeback remark, so I pinched her arm. I smiled at the professor. “Yes, we are very sorry for being late in your class,” I respond. I looked at CL who was now glaring at me.

 

“Would you like to introduce yourself then?”

 

“Sure thing,” CL replied calmly but I knew the venomous tone she was using for me. “I am CL Lee. It is nice meeting you,” she introduced herself so casually short.

 

“I am Sandara Park but call me Dara,” I speak. It was never nice meeting you. I scanned the room and all of them were part of each clique. Then my eyes fell into the blonde chick that was making out earlier and the evident hickeys on her neck. She glared at me.

 

“Yes, Mr. Han?” the professor said.

 

A dirty blonde boy stood up with a cheeky grin on his face. “I have a question for the blonde beauty,” he said. The professor nodded and the guys around him grinned too. I was not going to guess but I knew this was a question. “Are you good in bed?”

 

The whole class burst out laughing. CL looked at me and I answered her questioning eyes with a shrug. She took that as a cue. She walked towards the boy. I was smiling at what I know she will do. She pushed him down and sat on his lap while facing him.

 

“Can I sit, sir?” The professor nodded and told me that I can sit at the back. I walked past CL who looked at me and gave me a wink. I slumped in the chair uninterested but still watching my friend.

 

Their faces were only inches apart. “How many hours of do you like?” CL was using her y voice that would melt any man’s feet. I heard the boy answered, as long as you like. “Then did your parents’ teach you how to brush your teeth? I can still smell your morning breath and it wasn’t good.” The whole room shook in laughter. But it wasn’t the finishing blow. She stood up and whispered but it was not a whisper. “If you’re getting hard now, how can you satisfy me? I bet you wouldn’t even last an hour.” She said.

 

Aw! That was a big hurt in the pride. CL walked to her seat and I lent out my hand and she smacked it. Then I pulled out the folded cash and she grabbed it instantly. Well, all eyes were still with us. CL looked at how much was the money then gasped. “You’re giving me five hundred bucks.”

 

I smirked. “That was what the pot in the bet after all,” I replied nonchalantly.

 

“Yeah, yeah. Well, this will not last after all when Bom finds out, I won the bet,” CL replied uninterested also. I pulled out the book needed for this subject when CL snapped with all the staring. And she was receiving the glare from all of the girls who were in the same gang as the guy. It was the falcons.

 

“Okay class, let’s start,” the professor said.

 

Maybe, you were thinking why the professor didn’t stop the show earlier? Well, if I was in his position and the room was full of delinquents I will just let it happen too. I love my life and I was going to enjoy the show. I told you the Northwest school was a place of pretences. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading!

I hope you like it!

Upvote!

Comment!

Subscribe!

Do whatever you like!

Kamsahamnida!

-authornim