Chapter Seven - Long Day Going

Big Bang Lost Loves

 

I was walking around the YG centre and looking down at my phone. I was only playing the game, 'don't touch the white tiles' because I was bored. I was waiting for the studio to be free for me to continue recording the final songs on to my album. That was until I was stopped because there was now someone in front of me. I purposely fail at the game and look up at the person in front of me. 

"Choi Seung Hyun. You do have a talent at finding me." I say and out my phone in my pocket. He smiles at me and then holds out his hand. 

"Come with me. We need to talk." He tells me and then grabs my hand and pulls me along with him. He leads me to one of the empty rooms and locks the door behind us. He gestures for me to have a seat, which I do and lay my legs along the rest of the couch so that he wouldn't be tempted to sit next to me. He sits on the couch opposite and looks at me with his questioning eyes. 

"What do you want to talk about?" I ask him as I play with the zip on my jacket. 

"I wanted to explain my actions six years ago. The night I broke your heart and... Broke my heart as well." He says and lowers his head. I look at him and frown. 

"I've already said what I've wanted to say. So, let's just hear what you come up with." I sigh and look up at the ceiling. 

"You really have changed haven't you? So, you're telling me that after everything we struggled through, you have no feelings for me at all? That is just crazy. I know the way in which I broke up with you wasn't the best way to do it. But, I did it so that you wouldn't be hurting all the time. I could tell you didn't like it that I was thousands of miles away. I could tell that you missed me. Just as much as I missed you. I wanted you to find someone that would make you happier then I ever was. All I did was cause you pain. And for that I can't say I'm sorry enough." He says and I continue to look up at ceiling. We sit in silence for a while and then I decide to get up and leave before he could say anything else. 

***

Kaia stopped herself behind the closed door and froze. Her eyes began to water as she lent back against the door and brought her hand up to her face; covering . She begins to slide down the door until she was sat on the floor with her knees close to her face. She let her tears run freely, afraid that what she felt was lost. She reached into her pocket and pulls out a folded piece of paper. She opens it and reveals the photos from the photo booth. The photos were of herself and Choi Seung Hyun when he had kissed her for the first time. She presses the photos against her chest as she cries. 

Choi Seung Hyun sat staring at where she had once been sat and his knuckles began to turn white from the strength he was using to clench his fists. He stood up and threw the table up in the air with him and started to throw anything that was in his sights. Wanting to get rid of all the anger and guilt from his mind and body. But he knew he couldn't. He looked around at the now trashed room and he felt his eyes begin to water. He crashed down in front of the door and held onto his head as he also began to cry. 

The pair were completely unaware of the other on the opposite side of the door. Instead of crying together, they cried alone. 

***

I sat in the studio listening to the recording that I had just finished and lean back in my chair. I turn my eyes to my phone that was lay on the desk beside me. I shake my head at my idea, but do it anyway. Picking up my phone I unlock it and go to the number that I hadn't tried to call or text in years. I take a deep breath before beginning to write the message; of which I get an instant response. I put my phone back down and wait.