For Aderation

INFINITE Secret Santa 2015

Written by: "snowflakes"

Pairing: Woogyu

Prompt: he found out that his dream and the reality was similar, and he also found out that the person in his dream whom he had madly fallen in love was right beside him.

(words: 3,393)


In The Dream, We Met

Once again, he was alone. Alone at the endless place. All he could see was white. He could see a horizontal line in the end but it was impossible to reach. The more he wanted to catch it, the farther the line was. As if it was running from him. Sunggyu couldn't understand this. Why did this world hate him so much?

He crouched down, sinking his miserable face in his knees. He was too tired to even live in this world. He remembered the first time he was here. He woke up in this white space, wearing all white with no one around. He cried for his family, for his friends for anyone but there were none.

All his hope vanished on the 30th day of his staying. He never see anyone or in fact anything in the period. It was all white and Sunggyu decided he hated white.

It was on his 136th day.

Sunggyu got himself a friend. Sunggyu caught an unconscious figure on the white floor. Knowing it was a human, a boy specifically, he ran towards him and immediately woke him up. Unlike him, this boy was wearing normal clothes, not the boring dull white as he was wearing. He was wearing a bright red jacket with a pair of blue jeans. He almost forgot the colours but he knew red will be his new favourite colour.

The boy was obviously shocked once he found himself in this dull place.

"W-who are you?" The boy couldn't help but flinch when Sunggyu tried to touch his shoulder.

"I'm Sunggyu. I've been living here for a while." From his tone, the boy could see how happy he was to meet him.

"I'm Woohyun." Only that he could answer. "W-here is here exactly?"

"Honestly, I'm also don't know." Sunggyu gave him a small smile. Although he's lost, at least he has Woohyun right now. He won't be all alone right now.

But he was wrong. They were talking to each other, trying to figure out what was this place when Woohyun disappeared suddenly.

Sunggyu tried searching for Woohyun but he couldn't. He almost cried but he it up because he knew somehow Woohyun will come back.

And he did on his 146th day.

This time, it was Woohyun who found him. The younger had caught him in his embrace, hugging Sunggyu so tightly as if he didn't want to let him go. Sunggyu on the other hand was the same. His eyes were teary once they separated.

"Where did you go?"

"I'm sorry, hyung. It won't happen again. I won't leave you alone again."

Sunggyu held to Woohyun's promise. Both of them had their hands locked, none of them want to be apart. And Sunggyu claimed Woohyun's really warm.

"How long have you been here hyung?" Woohyun asked, gripping on Sunggyu's hand tightly.

Sunggyu smiled softly once he noticed Woohyun was trying to make him feel better. "146 days. I know you must think I'm crazy for counting the days but I was bored. “Sunggyu pouted and Woohyun couldn't help to laugh at his cuteness.

Woohyun mumbled something about Sunggyu being all cute and he didn't miss the blush that crept on Sunggyu's face once he told him that.

"Don't you have anything to do? Or play to keep yourself company?" He was curious how Sunggyu could survive being in this place for a long time.

Sunggyu shook his head dejectedly. "You can see for you own eyes, there's nothing in this world. Not even a single stone. It's all white and damn I hate it so much." He gritted his teeth, despising the situation so much. If only he could escape this place.

"H-have you try escaping?" Woohyun carefully asked.

Sunggyu laughed at Woohyun's words. "I tried to find something, a door or anything! But it was useless." Then it hit Sunggyu, something about Woohyun.

"Woohyun, where did you come from?" The question shook off the small smile that Woohyun was wearing. As if he did something wrong.

"I-i don't know." He lied and of course Sunggyu could see it through him.

Sunggyu softly sighed. "It's okay. At least I have you with me."

But Sunggyu was wrong again. When he woke up from his nap, Woohyun's hands that were holding him was no longer there. Sunggyu wanted to cry and shout for the younger to come back but he stopped in doing so once he noticed Woohyun's red jacket was on his shoulders.

Maybe Woohyun left him without words but he knew he will come back- the jacket told Sunggyu enough about Woohyun's promise.

On 149th day, Woohyun returned. This time it was Sunggyu who jumped into his hug, sobbing how much he missed the younger.

Woohyun soothed him with his touches, kissing all the tears away and repeating how sorry he was and everything’s gonna be okay.

"Hyung, my jacket.." Woohyun was surprised to see Sunggyu's wearing it.

Sunggyu smiled shyly. "It keeps me warm all the time and it smells just like you." He mumbled the last part of the sentences but Woohyun was fast enough to hear it.

"Why are you so cute hyung!" Sunggyu squealed once Woohyun hugged him very tightly.

They spent time together as much as they could and Sunggyu's eyes never got tired of watching the younger. He knew Woohyun will leave again, that's why he's not going to tear his eyes off him. He wanted to remember every single details of Woohyun's face- that cute eyes, crooked teeth and those dimples.

There's something that he noticed about Woohyun. He loves to run. No matter how tired he will be he will keep on running (not too far from Sunggyu) with the biggest smile on his face, just like a kid. And Sunggyu forgot living in this dull place for a moment.

"Woohyun ah, you'll tired yourself. Come and sit with hyung." Sunggyu urged him to sit beside him which Woohyun obeyed like a cute puppy, panting slightly due to all the running.

"It's fun hyung. You should try it." Woohyun rested his head on Sunggyu's lap, enjoying Sunggyu's hand playing with his hair.

"Don't want to." Sunggyu pouted. "It's tiring." It's funny because Sunggyu never felt hungry or thirsty in this world. This world was too mysterious for him.

They stayed in silence, both enjoying each other's presence. Sunggyu closed his eyes, imagining they're at a nice park, lying on the green grass. How much he miss it. How much he missed the real world.

Sunggyu's eyes snapped open once the thought crossed his mind. He remembered something. He remembered the real world. How he has a loving parents, an annoying sister and a dog named Vanilla. If he was not in the real world, then where was he?

"Woohyun, am I dead?"

That question brought Woohyun to sit up immediately with his jaws dropped. He looked at Sunggyu with his pale face as if he was afraid if Sunggyu will learn something—or maybe learning the real truth about this place and his existence.

“W-what are you talking about, hyung?” Woohyun tried to run away from answering the question.

“I remembered something. I remembered my family and the real world. Please Woohyun, tell me the truth, am I really dead? Is that why I’m here?” Woohyun couldn’t stand with his pleads. It hurt him to keep it from Sunggyu.

“Please don’t cry hyung.” Woohyun couldn’t stand with                the tears b in his eyes. “You’re not dead.”

“Then what is this place.”

“I-it’s a dream hyung.”

“A dream?”

“Yes, the real me is sleeping right now and all of this is a dream.”

Sunggyu opened his mouth and close again, speechless to make another comment about this. “Then it means I’m asleep too?”

Woohyun lowered his head. “Yes, but you’re in a deep sleep hyung.”

“Deep sleep? What do you mean by that?”

“I don’t know how, but you’re in coma hyung.”

“H-how?”                                                                                                                                                                           

Woohyun explained everything he knew about Sunggyu. He asked one of his friend to look for him in every hospital and he found out the ugly truth. How Sunggyu was in comatose state for almost 5 months period. The reason behind his condition was still unknown. It was out of reach to Woohyun.

Sunggyu didn't take it easily but he was calming down to the fact the real him was still breathing somewhere in the real world.

"Then why won't I wake up?" Sunggyu mumbled before he slapped his own face hard.

"Hyung! Stop it!" The younger had to stop Sunggyu by grabbing his both hands as he tried to slap himself across the face again.

"Let me go! I need to get my out of this place! I need to wake up god dammit. Why is it so hard to wake up?!" Sunggyu cried so hard, slumping his face in Woohyun's chest and grabbing Woohyun's shirt as if his life depends on it.

Woohyun kept on Sunggyu's hair, whispering that everything's going to be okay although Sunggyu knew it was far from it. But Sunggyu didn't complain because Woohyun's warm to be hold.

"Is that mean when you suddenly disappear, it means you wake up at the real world?" After a long pause, Sunggyu finally said something.

"Yeah hyung. I'm sorry for keeping this from you."

"It's okay. You're here now."

"For now." Woohyun shortly sighed. "I'll be gone once I wake up. I don't want to wake up hyung, not alone without you." He pleaded but he knew both of them didn't know how to help Sunggyu out of this .

"Shh Hyunnie. Don't cry, you looked like a sad puppy." Sunggyu cooed at his cuteness and Woohyun just pouted even more, hugging the elder tightly. "It's gonna be okay. Hyung will wait for you to come again."

"Okay hyung, and I will wait for you to wake up."

That day, Woohyun disappeared again, but not before giving Sunggyu a short and deep kiss which Sunggyu blushed so much. The blush didn't get any worse when Woohyun whispered that he will kiss him properly the next time.

The next time took longer than usual. Woohyun had explained to the elder, how difficult it is to dream the same dream of Sunggyu's. It took 2 weeks before Sunggyu could see that idiotic smile again.

"Did you miss me hyung?" Woohyun asked cheekily as he hugged the elder so tightly.

"No." Woohyun pulled away a bit to just pout at Sunggyu. He laughed at the reaction but didn't miss his chance to peck on Woohyun's pouty lips. "Of course I miss my hyunnie." His cheeks were slightly red for the brave action just now.

"I miss my gyu too." Woohyun smiled like an idiot.

It was then Woohyun asked him to be his boyfriend which turned Sunggyu into a bright red tomato but he agreed nevertheless. There was something about Woohyun that makes him feel so safe.

Woohyun had been coming here very frequently and Sunggyu didn't have to wait for so long to feel his touches.

"Hyun, are you been sleeping a lot these days? How come you're here all the time?"

"What? My gyu doesn't want hyunnie to be here?" Here comes his aegyo with his puppy eyes and jutted lips which Sunggyu swore how nice it will be press on his own lips.

"No idiot, I'm just wondering. You're been coming back in a short period and you're staying very long."

"Well you see...." Woohyun set his eyes away from Sunggyu's face, afraid to tell him the truth but he couldn't lie either. "I've been taking sleeping pills... Please don't be mad hyung! I just want to spend more time with you."

Woohyun was closed to tears once Sunggyu hugged him so tight that he may won't let go of Woohyun again. "Oh hyunnie, still it's not good to take those. I can wait for you, like always as long as you're coming back."

"Of course I will hyung. I promised." With a chaste kiss pressed on Sunggyu's lips.

It's been a month. And finally, there was something happening. Woohyun enjoyed himself chattering about his day towards Sunggyu and usually Sunggyu would listen to him with the biggest smile he could put because he cherished this moment so much. But today he was spacing out. As if he was thinking so hard.

"Hyung, what's wrong?"

"I-t's n-othing."

Woohyun pouted, dissatisfied with the answer. "You're really bad in lying you know. Come on, you can tell Hyunnie."

"I....I found a door."

"What?!"

Both of them were standing in front of a black door, holding hands so tightly.

"Where could this lead to?" Woohyun hated how mysterious their situation was.

"Home? Maybe." Sunggyu replied shortly. “I don't know why but I get the feeling that this door is the answer to get out of this annoying place."

"Hyung! That's great!! You can finally wake up now!" Woohyun was so happy that he almost kiss him hard there.

"But it's so unclear! What if it lead me somewhere else? What if I won't see you again?! I don't want that!"

"But this's the only option left, hyung." Woohyun hugged the older close to him. Honestly, he was afraid too, but this could be the only way out.

"I don't want to." He mumbled, sinking his face more in Woohyun's chest. "Please don't force me to."

In the end, Sunggyu didn't turn the knob of the door. They both left, leaving the door behind as if they never found the door. Sunggyu couldn't risk it. He will die if he couldn't see Woohyun again.

They acted like the door didn't exist and spend their time together as if they're gonna lose each other. Sunggyu could tell Woohyun by the back of his hand now. He know how adorably cute Woohyun could be, and how hot when he's kissing him. One thing he noticed was, Woohyun loved to walk around, walking around endlessly and Sunggyu will be the one who dragged him to sit with him because he was already tired of walking and he needed Woohyun's warmth.

3 weeks since the door appeared and Sunggyu made up his mind.

"I want to go through the door"

"W-what? Are you serious hyung?" Woohyun held his hand tight, afraid if this will be the last time he could hold his soft hands.

Sunggyu nodded, certain about the decision. “I-I can't stay like this forever. I want to see the world again. I want to meet my family, my friends and most importantly, I want to go on a date with you, watch a boring movie and cuddle in bed all day long. I want us to be together in the real world, not in this endless dream."

Woohyun almost chocked on his sobs when he heard Sunggyu's small confession. He's the same as him. He wanted the same thing.

He pressed a long deep kiss once they're already in front of the door.

"This is it." Sunggyu was nervous and Woohyun chuckled at his cuteness.

"It's gonna be okay. I trust you."

"I guess I see you in the real world."

"You bet, baby." They shared their last kiss before Sunggyu finally opened the door knob. He couldn't see anything but bright light inside it. But it was calling for him, calling for him to go back home.

Sunggyu felt himself being into the door and he glanced at Woohyun who had tears falling from his face. Sunggyu could read his lips, saying something important. “Find me hyung."

---

It had been a week since he woke up from his comatose state. Everyone was too shocked at the sudden recovery but of course they were happy. Sunggyu's family was crying mess once the nurse had informed them about the good news.

Sunggyu was still traumatized of his long sleep and he didn't want to go to sleep anymore- afraid if he will end up in that place again. The doctor explained Sunggyu needed to undergo psychological therapy for his sleep.

He didn't talk much and his eyes kept on staring on the door. He was waiting, waiting for his lover. Woohyun didn't even come to see him at the hospital. Did he forget about him? Was everything was just a mere dream? What if Woohyun never existed before? No, no! He couldn't live if that's the truth.

He kept waiting and it's almost a month already. He was going to be discharged today, after going to many therapies at the hospital. He could sleep now but he rarely dreams. He wanted to dream- so maybe he could meet Woohyun again. But Woohyun never came into his dream anymore.

Before going home, he stopped by a restaurant. He remembered Woohyun had told him about his family's restaurant before. He wondered if this is the one. The moment he entered he was welcomed by a nice middle age couple. That maybe be Woohyun's parents.

"Um.. Aunty, is Woohyun here?"

She looked taken aback at his question and he was ready to go away and scold himself for getting the wrong restaurant.

"Are you his friend, young man?"

"Y-yes."

The woman looked trouble but in the same time Sunggyu could see how glad she was. She didn't say anything but urged him to follow her to the back where their house was. He silently followed her upstairs as he scanned the framed pictures hanging on the walls. His lips curved up to see little Woohyun playing soccer in those pictures.

"Woohyun never had visitors before so I'm very glad you're here." Sunggyu could see tears in her eyes but he could be wrong as she went off quickly.

He gulped his salvia before knocking on the door. He expected Woohyun to open the door but no one answer it. Sunggyu almost gave up on the third knock thinking that maybe Woohyun's asleep but again this was his only chance. He couldn't even imagine a day without Woohyun anymore when he knew only this piece of door only separate them now.

Sunggyu finally decided to turn the knob, slowly entering the room. It was nice, the room is quite neat. His breathe hitched once he noticed a figure just beside the windows. He couldn't see his face as his back was facing him but he knew it was Woohyun.

And something was not right.

"W-woohyun?"

The younger didn't answer and only hang his head down as if he was embarrassed to see him. Sunggyu took the courage to take a few steps in front of him.

"Go away! I-I don’t want you to see me in this state, hyung." Now Sunggyu understood it all.  The reason, he didn’t go and find him in the hospital.

"Shhh, it will be alright. I'm here with you now. Hyung will always be with you." He crouched in front of Woohyun, who was sitting on the wheelchair.

"W-will y-you leave me because of this?" He almost chocked in his tears as he gripped his own knee, the one who never function for a year now.

“Why would I? I will never leave my other half, even if you're like this. In my eyes, you're perfect and you don't have to change anything."

Woohyun cried so hard that day and Sunggyu kept on consoling him, whispering that they will be together forever. No one can separate them anymore.

He told Sunggyu everything, starting on how he got into a car accident and both of his legs were paralyzed. He couldn’t play soccer anymore and most importantly cannot run anymore. Since that day, he kept his distance from everyone else because his pride was hurt. The captain of the school soccer team loss his ability to play for being a cripple.

Ever since then, Sunggyu was there with Woohyun- in sadness, happiness and sorrow. Sure his other half was no perfect like in his dream, but his love and heart is the same. He is still Nam Woohyun who he falls in love with and it will not stop. Instead it will grow.

 

 

"Do you miss the dream?"

"Should I? There’s nothing to miss when I got you with me right now.”

“Then, do you hate the dream?”

“No baby, because no matter how I hate being in the place, it brought you and I to meet."         

 

 


Admin Note:  I thought they wont have a happy ending. Glad they did! - Myungjhejhe