For Lately

INFINITE Secret Santa 2015

Written by: “ Stranger0313 ”
Pairing: WooGyu (Woohyun/Sunggyu)
Prompt(s): Baking Christmas cookies! (and failing miserably at it) bonus points if they're like, a family with kids and stuff
Words: 2,087

 

 


 

 

It was Christmas Eve, every houses were decorated with beautiful Christmas ornaments, accompanied by silver snowflakes falling from the sky elegantly. Right at a street corner a choir was singing hymns carols, the children’s beautiful voices renovating in the air in alluring waves.

Everything seemed so perfect and serene. Erm… except for one family.

“Look at what you did!”

“Why are you blaming on me? It’s your fault!”

“My fault? It is you who baked it!”

“I don’t care! You ruin it, you ruin it!”

Shouts and arguments could be heard even from miles, and if we follow the voice, we will end up here, a two-story house, decorated with similar Christmas ornaments and a snowman built right beside the door.

And if we open the door, the chaos which contradicts to its beautiful appearance will definitely shock you. A child was sitting on the floor, playing with a cookie --

erm, if you call that a cookie. He soon proceeded to kneel beside the Christmas tree, ignoring the hands that were covered with cream as he was trying to reach the tip of the tree. No sooner the tree was covered with something white, which looked and smelt a bit like whipping cream. A dog was right beside him, on the scrap of mess the child has made.

Right in the dining room, you can see two men arguing like women, I might say. One pointing at another’s nose, while one with arms akimbo,

yelling over something incoherent.

This chaos had to be traced back to three hours again, when everything began based on a stupid idea of a certain Mr. Nam.

***

“Hyung, hyung.” Woo Hyun leaned into Sung Gyu’s lap while shaking the older’s arm.

“What?” Sung Gyu sighed as he looked at Woo Hyun’s puppy-like eyes. His lover most likely has created trouble again.

“Let’s make Christmas cookies.”

“No.” Sung Gyu said sternly. After the last incident of failing to make a cake,

he did not want to risk to clean the house again.

“Why?” Woo Hyun pouted.

“You know I’m not good at cooking, neither do you.” He pointed out and poked at Woo Hyun’s wrinkled nose--he was cute like this, Sung Gyu remarked in his heart.

“No, I know how to bake Christmas cookies!”

“Really?!” Sung Gyu opened his mouth in surprise.

“Yes. Let’s make the cookies now, hyung. Come on~ Don’t spoil the fun!” Woo Hyun nodded his head vigorously.

Sung Gyu sighed and gave up. “Fine.”

***

'It's supposed to be sugar, stupid.'

'More flour, please.'

'Add another egg for god's sake!'

'Give me the whisk.'

'Hyung. Can you stop nagging?' Woo Hyun put down the whisk and rolled his eyes towards the man in front of him. 'Just trust me and let me do everything.'

Sung Gyu expanded his eyes for a few inches and waved his head in frantic waves. 'No! You are going to ruin everything, Woo Hyun. Hand me the whisk and let me help.'

'And who knows if you are going to ruin everything as well? As far as I know, you have never tried to bake anything before, let alone the most complicated Christmas cookies of all.'

'Christmas cookies aren’t hard to make! I have seen my mother making them when I was small. Now hand me the whisk.'

“But I HELPED my mom to bake Christmas cookies before. See? I win.” Woo Hyun argued.

“Fine, I will trust you this time, but you will be dead if you fail to do so.” Sung Gyu gave up and grunted.

“Yeah, whatever. I know you love me.” Woo Hyun winked and gave Sung Gyu the cheesy smile that would drive every fan girl into screams and drive Sung Gyu into gagging.

Sung Gyu stayed in silence for the first few minutes, watching in curiosity as he observed Woo Hyun pouring flour and milk into a big bowl and beat with a silver whisk, the smattering white mixture spinning around in numerous circles. He soon grew bored standing there and doing nothing, so he told Woo Hyun that he would be going out to look after Ji Hoon, and Woo Hyun dismissed him with a quick wave of his hand.

Sung Gyu spent some time playing with their baby, Ji Hoon, before hearing a loud clash and a distinct shout of Woo Hyun. Frowning in worry, he scurried into the kitchen, only finding himself facing a totally absurd situation and he scowled in disapproval at the mess presented in front of him.

“NAM WOOHYUN! What have you done?” Sung Gyu’s shout was so loud that Woo Hyun could felt the sound wave hitting his eardrum. Completely dumbfounded, he stared at Woo Hyun’s face and wondered how the man could still smile under this circumstance. One of the bowls which was originally on the pantry was turned upside down on the floor, and there were puddles of white powder all over the floor. Yet, despite the sugar spreading on the table, water on the floor, and flour on his face, Nam Woo Hyun was still smiling as he greeted Sung Gyu’s arrival.

‘Give me the whisk. Now.  Before you make something that is not even edible.’ Sung Gyu ushered Woo Hyun and attempted to grab the utensil from his palms. However, Woo Hyun just turned round and ignored Sung Gyu, jabbing the whisk into the bag of flour deliberately.

'Don't play with food! You are not three years old.' Sung Gyu scolded from behind. Woo Hyun carried on, poking the flour with his fingers now.

'Damn you! How can we eat the cookies after you have contaminated the flour using your fingers? Ew Nam Woo Hyun. That's so disgusting.'

Woo Hyun watched in plain humor when he saw Sung Gyu's face draining into a complete grunted expression in a matter of seconds. 'Seriously! Just hand me the flour and the whisk and I can make a proper dough. Not like the mess you are creating here!'

'Shut up, Kim Sung Gyu. I have experiences.'

'Ya! Who gave you permission to call my full name?' Sung Gyu yelled dramatically.

Seeing no response, he pursed his lips and declared in the air of finality. 'Fine. If you don't hand me the whisk, then I am topping tonight.'

An awkward cough and the sound of a bowl flipping over occupied the uneasy silence flowing between the two.

'...Here...'

Woo Hyun gave up the utensil and pouted innocently.

'Nam Woo Hyun! What have you done!' Sung Gyu yelled frantically and pointed at the mess of white puddles and powder all over the tiles. 'Why did you freakingly flip the bowl over!'

'I didn't do it on purpose, hyung. I guess your statement of topping me tonight caused too much of a surprise,' Woo Hyun shrugged and smiled without any trail of guilt and as if nothing had happened.

‘Stop joking around! Go clean up the mess and hand me a clean bowl. Just let me bake the cookies myself.’ Sung Gyu ordered.

‘Fine. But only under one circumstance.’ Woo Hyun said. ‘I have to be here the whole time when you are making the cookies. And I want you to listen to me sing.’

Sun Gyu rolled his eyes. ‘All right. What song is that?’

‘I just made it up when I was mixing the ingredients just now! It is called the Sung Gyu song!’ Woo Hyun beamed, his head bouncing up and down in cheerful nods.

‘Whatever. Promise me not to mess with anything and just sing the freaking song. Okay?’ Sung Gyu sighed. Sometimes he just couldn’t get use to the childish personality of Woo Hyun.

‘Yes!’ Woo Hyun balled his fist in victory and yelled.

‘Kim Sung Gyu is such a pig, such a big fat pig. Oh oh oh oh oh! So fat and lazy that he doesn’t know how to bake cookies…’

Sung Gyu had to resist the urge to just turn around and slap Nam Woo Hyun when he heard the out of tune melody and the ridiculous lyrics. How dare he call my name just like that? Sung Gyu bitted his lower lips and carried on mixing the ingredients, pretending nothing had happened.

‘Oh oh oh oh oh! So fat and lazy that he doesn’t know how to bake cookies!’

‘This is not music, alright? This is trash! The whole thing ! I can’t believe that it is composed by you, to be honest.’ Sung Gyu finally burst out his annoyance after hearing the song for god-knows-how-many-flipping times. ‘The song is out of tune and the lyrics doesn’t even make sense! I am not a pig. I can at least sing and bake cookies. Unlike you.’

‘Hyung! Can’t you see lazy and cookies rhyme? It is a good song! They rhyme!’ Woo Hyun protested.

‘Even kindergarten kids can find two words that rhyme too, Hyun. Rhyming doesn’t make you a good composer.

Now hurry up and clean the mess instead of standing here like an idiot.’

‘Hyung is so mean. Hmm.’ Woo Hyun complained in a small voice as he wiped the floor in harsh and forceful moves. Sung Gyu could only sigh for his complete childishness.

***

‘…And you said you know how to bake cookies.’

Woo Hyun stared at the weird object in his hands, wondering if that’s even edible. The cookie—if you would even consider it as a cookie—was charred and burnt in a weird charcoal color. It was in irregular shape, with colored chocolate and cream randomly splattered on the surface.

‘It looks quite inedible to me, hyung.’ Woo Hyun tore his stare at the cookie in his hand and questioned the guilty-looking Sung Gyu in front of him.

‘I tried my best, all right? At least it is better than whatever you were making just now!’ Sung Gyu tried to cover up his mistake. He shoved the thing into Woo Hyun’s mouth and indicated him to take a bite, ‘Try! It may taste good!’

‘I doubt it, hyung—argh!’ Woo Hyun’s mouth was instantly filled with crumbs of cookies when Sung Gyu the brown looking biscuit into it. Coughing vigorously, he spit out the remaining scrap, one and for all.

‘It ! Ew. Hyung. Give me a cup of water now! Damn!’

Woo Hyun went for the cupboard, poured himself a glass of water, and gurgled it down in one big gulp. He sighed in relief as he finished drinking the water.

‘It tastes so bad. Seriously! Try it yourself!’

‘No! Go away!’ Sung Gyu shoved Woo Hyun’s hand away as the latter one was trying to make him eat the whole thing.

‘See? You don’t even want to eat it!’

Woohyun retorted.

‘At least I am better than you! I made a dough and actual cookies. You just wasted your time poking the flour and doing nothing but creating a trashy song!’

‘The song is not trashy! It describes everything about you, Gyu! And it rhymes!

‘It ! It it it !’ Sung Gyu yelled like a child.

‘Shut up! It’s good it’s good it’s good!’ Woo Hyun yelled more like a child.

‘...’

Ignoring the shouts made by his two appas, little Ji hoon crept into the kitchen and went behind the fighting couple skillfully. He only heard the word ‘cookies’, and that would mean food hopefully. Grabbing one of the cookies sneakily from the plate, he put it in his mouth and took a big bite happily. However, the unexpected unpalatability drove him spitting it immediately. Wrinkling his nose like what his father used to do to show abhor towards a certain thing. He took the remaining scraps outside, more interested to play with the fluffy cream on top than to eat it.

And so the dog ran towards him as he smelt smell of food, ending up it the cream on the floor happily.

That was exactly how everything ended up as the chaotic scene. Till now, Sung Gyu and Woo Hyun were too immersed in their own fight and failed to notice the mess created by Ji Hoon and the dog. But I can assure you, everyone, Woo Hyun is going to regret his suggestion of baking Christmas cookies and making up a song that was about Sung Gyu being a pig -- who knows? Woo Hyun might be punished tonight. And that means the first time of topping for Sung Gyu in the whole year.

Wish Woo Hyun luck, guys. He would need it.

 

 


Admin's Note: Adorable, adorable, adorable!!!! – Myungjhejhe