Competition Day

Roomate By Fate

It was morning, and Kyungsoo slowly opened his eyes. This time it was Chanyeol who was awake first, goofily smiling at him." Good morning," Chanyeol sweetly said. Feeling slightly embarrassed kyungsoo turned the other way while greeting him back, trying to hide his smile in. 

"Let's go take a shower," suggested Chanyeol. 
"Yeah." He realized that they both didn't bathe at all. " I'll go in first," Kyungsoo decided while getting out of bed to head downstairs. 
Still in a daze, Kyungsoo stayed in the shower emotionless. He stayed up pretty late after Chanyeol had slept, thinking about the "what ifs". Just then the shower curtain flung opened. A Chanyeol entered the stall. "Y-yah! What are you doing?! " Kyungsoo screamed. 
"I need to take a shower too." Chanyeol chuckled.
"T-t-take one a-after me!" Kyungsoo had turned himself away from Chanyeol and was facing the wall. 
" I don't see the problem here. We're both men. Everyone showers in p.e together. It's no different from here. Plus you said my body wasn't much to look at anyways. " Chanyeol backfired all of Kyungsoo's previous statement towards him. Feeling helpless Kyungsoo could only run away. "Fine then you shower, I'm done." He tried to leave but Chanyeol quickly slammed the wall next to him.  
"You just got in, I'm sure you haven't even scrubbed yet." He kept on teasing Kyungsoo. He turned him back to face him. "Please scrub me." He passed the loofa and turned around so that his back was facing against the short boy. 
Right after Kyungsoo gulped his saliva, he thought to himself,' Kyungsoo. Stay calm. Just don't look.' He closed his eyes and started washing Chanyeol's back. Still closing his eyes, he washed lower and lower and lower till he touched something hard. "YAhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" He screamed and ran back out of the bathroom leaving Chanyeol to die of laughter. Chanyeol also came out and wet. 
"Yah! That was my hand you touched," he truthfully said. 
Almost crying Kyungsoo asked to clarify again," really? Just your hand?" 
"Yes" Chanyeol tried to calmly settled down, but he kept replaying Kyungsoo screaming. "Yah! Who told you to not watch where you were scrubbing?!" 
Kyungsoo sighed, feeling embarrassed at himself. Realizing they were both , he accidentally stared at Chanyeol's body. He tried to run back to the bathroom to grab his towel, but Chanyeol immediately back hugged him. "Yah! Let go you sick bastard! "D.O blushed in embarrassment. 
"No, I like it like this." He leaned his chin onto Kyungsoo's shoulder. Kyungsoo felt like all his willpower was crumbling just by being hugged from Chanyeol, until he felt something weird poking him from behind. Kyungsoo was suddenly alert. "YAhhhhhhhh, that was not your hand!!!!!" He pushed Chanyeol away and ran back to the bathroom. 
"Ahahah, ahhhh Cutie," Chanyeol said out loud. 
 
Just after they were both fully clothed, their door bell rang. It was Baekhyun. 
"Yah yah yah! Is everything okay?! We heard screaming! " Kyungsoo and Chanyeol looked at eachother  before turning their heads the opposite way; both thinking the same yet one was grinning while the other was trying to hide his embarrassment. Baekhyun thought he caught up to what they were thinking,"Chanyeolah you finally did it?!" He winked at Chanyeol, but Kyungsoo was the one replying back to him as he was headlocking him once again. 
"Yah, yah, Sehun. Help! "
"Noooo, D.O's gonna hurt me too." Sehun stayed behind Chanyeol. 
"You!.. Ack!... Traitor." Baekhyun gasped for air.Just then Lay yelled from above," Hey! Since you're all up lets go practice!" Suho and Chen had just come down the stairs and walked towards the rest of the group. "Yeah, we can go to my little studio," said Suho. 
"Studio?!" Chanyeol was shocked.
"Suho Hyung is rich. Really rich," said Sehun.
"Ayyy not really," Suho became shy. "Alrighty, let's go! Lay, bring out Xuimin also!!!"
"He's coming! " said Lay, dragging the half awake boy down the stairs. 
Suho called for a van to take them to his studio. 
Since it was three seats per row two roommates had to be separated. Sehun, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol sat in the back while D.O, Lay, and Xuimin sat in the middle. Suho and Chen sat in the front row seats. Chanyeol was feeling bummed out as he wanted to sit with Kyungsoo, but he didn't want to make a big deal out of it. 
They spent spent the rest of every weekend together at the studio, preparing for the contest. 
 
Competition day~
 
Suho had picked up all the members, and they arrived at the competition. "Alright guys, let's not be scared. Just go over your dance moves and lyrics and we'll be fine," said Suho. 
"You okay," Chanyeol asked Kyungsoo.
"Ofcourse." Kyungsoo wasn't even phased. Not only was he confident, he could also be referred to as a little narcissistic. 
Walking past different contestants, they noticed there was a lot of popular underground groups and students from other highschools competing. 
Standing amongst the other competitors, Sehun recognized one familiar face. "Kim Kai." They all stared at Sehun, then to where he was looking at. Kai walked up to them, "hey guys, long time no see!" They all excitedly greeted the long time friend. 
"We missed you," said Sehun. 
"I missed YouGuys too." Kai smiled at everyone then stared at D.O." Kyungsooah." They all went quiet, no one dared speak up. Chanyeol broke the silence finally.
"Hello, I'm Park Chanyeol. We met at the restaurant , do you remember?" Kai shifted his focus onto the taller boy.
"Yeah, I remembered. I'm sorry I couldn't introduce myself that time." He smiled politely at Chanyeol. 
"No, it's fine. Kyungsoo looked sick so I panicked alittle and brought him immediately home." 
"Kyungsoo was sick?" Kai walked towards Kyungsoo."That's a first. Were you okay?" He stared at Kyungsoo who was avoiding all eye contact. 
Chanyeol took a stepped in between Kyungsoo and Kai. "He's better now. I took good care of him," Chanyeol smiled. Kyungsoo looked up at Chanyeol, then slowly back at the ground. Feeling grateful that Chanyeol was blocking Kai from him, he sneakly held onto Chanyeol's hand. When Chanyeol felt Kyungsoo's touch he jumped alittle and glanced at him causing Kai to bring his focus back onto the smaller boy. He witnessed the two boys interwining their fingers. Heat rose throughout his body, just then Sehun interupted the trio." Hyung, why are you here anyways? Are you competing also? " Kai turned back to the rest of the crew. 
"No I'm a judge," he confidently said.
"What?!" They were all astonished.
"Don't worry, I'm looking forward to what youguys will be showing today. I wanna see how much you  have all improved since the last time. Especially you Sehun." He smiled at his disciple. "Well, then I'll see YouGuys on the stage. Nice meeting you again Chanyeol," He went on to greet other contestants. 
Chanyeol turned his head towards Kyungsoo. "Kyungsooah. What's wrong?" He softly said.
Kyungsoo shook his head and just stared at the ground. 
'What exactly happened between you two? Why do you act so out of character when you see him? ' He tried to dismiss his thoughts, but they kept on bugging him. Baekhyun and the rest of the group didn't mention Kai anymore. 
 
"Next up, We have  a group of students representing Exo High School!" 
They entered the stage. Nothing was in their minds now except the music that had came on. They performed HISTORY. The crowd cheered loudly at how good they were. Every note was on point, and every dance move was imitated the same time.
It was time for the announcement of who will win "Hidden Talent Schoolers". The audience drum rolled by stomping their feet. "And the winner is..........Exo High School Students!!!!!!" 
The group flung into joy and tears as they all hugged eachother and ran up to the stage, bowing at everyone . "Congratulations boys. YouGuys now have the opportunity to sign with the biggest entertainment of our century, SME!!!! Everyone give another round of applause. " 
Right after the competition had ended, Two judges and Kai came up to them. "YouGuys were amazing! Now I know why Kai was so hyped up about seeing YouGuys perform. About the Contract, let's have a gathering tomorrow around two in the evening," said one of the judges. The other joined in," it'll be great if Kai's friends were to join him as part of our company." They looked at Kai in disbelief. "Well then, we hope to meet your parents tomrrow. See YouGuys until then." And with that they left. 
"Kai! You signed with SME?!" Suho asked. 
Kai smiled. "Yeah I did. They asked me in the middle of our first school year. I'm sorry I hid it from YouGuys. I was told to not let anyone know. I'm sorry I left without saying goodbye. I always regretted it," Kai apologized to the group. 
"Ahh it's okay. We're just happy for you!" They all seemed to agree. 
Kai turned to Kyungsoo. "D.Oahh. Can we talk?" 
They all turned to look at Kyungsoo in unison, all very worried. 
When D.O didn't respond, Kai walked closer to him. "D.Oahh. Please. I'm begging you..." He sincerely looked at Kyungsoo in his eyes. 
D.O glanced alittle at Chanyeol as if trying to see if he showed any signs of stopping this interaction. Instead, Chanyeol just stood by watching them. Kyungsoo glanced back and forth at Kai and Chanyeol. Frustrated at himself, Kyungsoo was determined to walk away from the scene, but Kai gripped his arm. "Kyungsooah, please." He desperately clung onto him. 
Kyungsoo turned around and glanced one last time at Chanyeol, hoping for him to jump in but Chanyeol just looked uninterested. Kyungsoo became confused once he realized he miscalculated the boy. Dissapointed, he looked at Kai." Okay." He stared back at the ground. Chanyeol felt a huge pain in his chest right after hearing Kyungsoo's agreement, as if someone had shot him right then. 
 
It was midnight already when Kyungsoo opened the apartment door. All lights were off except the lights in the kitchen. He noticed Chanyeol sleeping at the table. ' you waited for me?' Kyungsoo was touched. He bent down and subconsciously pecked near the side of Chanyeol's eye. As he parted, he was caught off guard by two big eyes staring back at him. "You're awake?" Kyungsoo softly smiled. 
Chanyeol stood up, "yeah, since you're home now Imma go sleep." Chanyeol walked past Kyungsoo. Feeling something was not right he grabbed onto Chanyeol's hand. "Chanyeol-" Kyungsoo's hand was flung away. He stared up at Chanyeol in shock.
"Don't touch me..."