Grateful for You

Roomate By Fate

Kyungsoo got up while staring at Kai. "Chanyeol, let's go." 

"Hmm?! Oh, yeah... Let me go pay first." Chanyeol didn't understand what was going on, but he knew he had to get Kyungsoo out of there. He noticed that Kyungsoo was on the verge of crying. As he left to go to the front counter, kyungsoo started towards the door.
"D.O" Kai tried to get Kyungsoo's attention, but Kyungsoo quickly walked past him. Following behind, he grabbed Kyungsoo's arm and turned him around so they could face eachother. A tear drop fell out of Kyungsoo's eye. "D.O," Kai became flustered while looking at the vulnerable boy. He was trying to communicate with Kyungsoo, but he couldn't find the right words to say out loud. 
Just then Chanyeol had come back. He didn't say anything when he saw the crying boy. He quickly pulled Kyungsoo away and led them out of the door. They both walked back to the apartment silently; Chanyeol was still holding Kyungsoo's wrist while Kyungsoo just stared blankly at the ground. Chanyeol thought a lot about what to say and do to help Kyungsoo, but he couldn't find a solution. 
As they settled down inside the house, Kyungsoo walked towards the bathroom. " I'm going to take a bath," he said before closing the doors. Worried, Chanyeol stayed alert incase something went wrong. He then sensed that it was already almost two hours and Kyungsoo still wasn't coming out. He walked to the bathroom door and knocked on it. "Kyungsooahh." There was no reply. "Kyungsooahh! Open! " Not waiting for a reply, Chanyeol already started picketing the door lock. As he entered inside the bathroom. He saw a Kyungsoo crouched inside the bath tub with cold water surrounding him. Upset but not wanting to cause any more problems, Chanyeol quietly pulled Kyungsoo up and carried him the American wedding style way. Kyungsoo didn't refuse. He looked lost and out of this world. Chanyeol layed him on the bed, and started dressing him up. "Kyungsooah," Chanyeol calmly said. "If it's not much of an annoyance I would like to play something for you." He jumped up to his room to go grab his guitar, and ran back downstairs. "Mmm, I don't know what you'll like but I hope you won't mind this." 
Chanyeol started playing some strings. He decided to go for a soft and light feel, not too exciting and not too sad. Very mellow. After he finished his little performance he turned to look at Kyungsoo only to find the boy staring back at him crying. Emotions ran high for the two. Chanyeol quickly embraced Kyungsoo and they both laid on his bed. Chanyeol waited until the crying boy fell in deep sleep before knocking out himself. He held Kyungsoo tightly the whole night. 
 
When Kyungsoo opened his eyes he found a sleeping Chanyeol right next to him. Feeling very grateful for what the taller boy did for him the night before, he gently patted the boy's hair. "Thank you" Kyungsoo whispered. Shedding one more tear, he moved his hands down to Chanyeol's face and started tracing around his eyes, nose, lips, and chin. All of sudden his hand was gripped by another hand. Chanyeol slowly opened his eyes as he held on to Kyungso's hand."You okay now?" He asked worryingly. Kyungsoo calmly nodded. " that's good. I'm going to rest for a bit then." Kyungsoo stared at the closed-eyed boy. 
"Yah, go sleep on your bed." Chanyeol wrestled on top of Kyungsoo and laid his head on Kyungsoo's stomache. 
"Nmm, I'm tired. It's comfortable like this already," He rebelled. They both laid in silence for a while before Kyungsoo broke it. " you're not curious about the boy at the restaurant?" He stared up at the white ceiling. 
"No, you have your reasons to keep quiet. When you're ready, tell me then," Chanyeol replied back.
Kyungsoo paused for a bit."He's my old roomate. Kim Jongin. His nickname is Kai." 
"Ahhh, is he the one who nicknamed you also?" 
"Mm."
" YouGuys must've been really close." 
"We were..." 
"What happened?" 
"He suddenly left without a word. I came back home and all his things disappeared, as if he never existed. " 
" He didn't contact you at all?" 
"At the time I didn't have a phone." Chanyeol didn't know what else to ask, rather he didn't feel right to ask what he truly wanted to know. 
"Let's eat. I'll prepare breakfast." Chanyeol said. He got ready, and started cooking. Kyungsoo just sat in bed trying to play back the whole scene yesterday. 
 
After they finished eating, Kyungsoo thanked Chanyeol. " You're welcome. It probably didn't taste that good. We don't have much ingredients. I need to go buy more. "
"I'm talking about yesterday. Thank you for taking me to the zoo. " Kyungsoo softly smiled at Chanyeol. Chanyeol was surprised to see this side of Kyungsoo. He very much liked this kind of Kyungsoo way more. 
"You're welcome. This means we're friends now?" He tried to hide the happiness as he asked, but it overcame him. 
Kyungsoo chuckled abit. "Yeah.
 
As time went by, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol became very comfortable with eachother. Chanyeol was able to take off his shirt at home while kyungsoo wore no pants at home. Chanyeol never complained about it. He rather liked staring at Kyungsoo's lower half. They had class together everyday, and spent break and lunch together in the dance room with the other boys.
 Chanyeol quickly became close friends with all of them especially Baekhyun and Sehun. He actually found out they were pretty reserve on the outside, different from what he knew next door to his apartment. They never embraced nor showed signs of even being a couple at school.
Kyungsoo? He still was quiet. He still got annoyed of Chanyeol whenever he bothered him, but he never seriously got mad. 
More than a month has already past since the incident. While Kyungsoo decided to go use the restroom, Chanyeol finally got the opportunity to be alone with Baekhyun.
"Baekhyun," Chanyeol said.
"What's up?" 
"Do you know this guy name Kim Jongin?" 
Baekhyun hesitated for a moment. "Mmhm." 
"Who is he?" Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol unsure of what he should say. 
"Mmm, he was D.O's roomate but he left towards the end of our first year without saying a word to any of us." 
Chanyeol started to paint a picture in his head. 'So they were all friends...' "Baekhyun, how was D.O's relationship with Kai?" Baekhyun was slightly shock, but more than that he seemed to have caught on why Chanyeol kept asking. 
He smirked"why? You like D.O? I haven't heard any noises since your first night together. " 
"Aish you nasty! " he started to playfully beat up Baekhyun. 
Chen, who was roomate with Suho, came in and also started to play around with the two. The three of them actually went quite well in a pack. 
" YouGuys are always way too loud!" Kyungsoo yelled from across the room, barely coming back. Suho had just arrived also. 
"Ahhh, lay's not here. Chanyeol, can you play the guitar for us? " asked Suho. 
"Hm? Ah sure!" Chanyeol replied back. 
Actually, he found out during his second week of school that all these boys were pretty talented. Chen, Baekhyun, Suho, and Kyungsoo were really great singers while Sehun,Lay, and Xiumin(Lay's roomate) were great dancers. To finished off both he and Lay played guitar as well as the piano. He wondered what Kai had fit into... 
"Chanyeol, ready?" Kyungsoo asked. 
"Yep." He quickly dismissed his curiosity and started playing a song. Suho, Baekhyun, and D.O started to sing while Chen was spotting them to give any pointers on what they needed to do to improve. Sehun was on the side teaching Xuimin some dance choreo.
Why were they doing this you ask? Apparently Suho had signed them up for a competition that were looking for hidden talents. After double checking on the website, he noticed that the competition was in about 2 more months, right before Winter break. After apologizing to the group for the short notice, Baekhyun decided there was no need to back out and so they all agreed to start practicing during break and lunch everyday.
 
Since it was a Friday both came out early from their night activities.
"I thought you don't like people hearing your voice?" 
"I don't. Not the people from school anyways..." Kyungsoo said. 
"Why?" Chanyeol asked. 
They were already at the front door of their apartment. 
"If you ask anymore questions I'll lock you out." Kyungsoo threatened. 
Chanyeol smirked," dummy. Go ahead. I'll just picket it anyways." Kyungsoo sighed. There really was no way to escape from this idiot, he thought. 
Actually, after the incident with Kai, Kyungsoo was really grateful to have such an enthusiastic and helpful guy like Chanyeol around. Although he did not say it verbally, he tried to show his gratitude towards the taller boy by hitting him less and not picking fights with him all the time. He had already forgotten his anger towards Chanyeol of when they first met. After a month living with him, Kyungsoo grew to rely on Chanyeol more. After a while he just felt too comfortable and started dressing the way he used to before Chanyeol came around. Kyungsoo started wearing no pants around the apartment. He seemed to have influenced the taller boy as the week after Chanyeol started to not wear his shirt in the house also. 
 
" Yah, you're not gonna eat?!" Chanyeol yelled from the kitchen. Kyungsoo was laying in bed watching Anime. He didn't reply back as he was too focus. " yah kyungsooah, kyungsooah, kyungsooah, kyungsooah, KYUNGSOOAHHHHH!!!!!" 
Annoyed D.O took his plushie bat from underneath his bed, and walked towards Chanyeol. seeing what the boy was holding in his hand, he started stepping backwards. 
"Stop saying my name so much." He quietly said while staring wide eyed at Chanyeol. Then he beat up the poor boy. 
"Ow! Ow! Okay! Sorry! I'm sorry! Ow! Omma! Okay Stop! " Kyungsoo walked back to his bed proudly. 
 
Since it was Friday, Chanyeol wanted to do something. "Kyungsooah! Wanna watch a movie?!" 
Still looking at his iPhone, Kyungsoo asked," what kind?" 
"Mmm, how about horror?" Kyungsoo stared up at Chanyeol." Okay." He walked up the stairs to Chanyeol's room because Chanyeol had a portable projector that he brought from the U.S. They laid on Chanyeol's bed, side by side while the projector was shown on the ceiling. 
About 10 minutes into the movie Chanyeol started to chicken out. "Yah, let's actually watch another movie." 
"Forget it. Let's just finish this," Kyungsoo refuted back.
" I don't think I can watch it anymore" Chanyeol was too scared now to handle it. 
"Aish, go to sleep then. We haven't even seen anything," Kyungsoo said while still staring at the ceiling. Chanyeol felt sorta lonely that kyungsoo just tossed him to the side. Then he realized this was the perfect opportunity to gain kyungsoo's attention. Chanyeol quietly called for him. " kyungsooah..." His hands strolled down to Kyungsoo's hand, lightly it back and forth before interlocking it together. Kyungsoo seemed to pay no attention to this physical interaction. Feeling like he passed the first obstacle, Chanyeol then leaned towards Kyungsoo, kissing his neck. He felt Kyungsoo winced alittle but after waiting for him to reject he proceeded when the boy showed no signs of stopping him. 
Kyungsoo felt Chanyeol biting and his neck causing him to squirm alittle at the slight pain. He was no longer thinking about the movie as he felt Chanyeol's lips moving up towards his own. Chanyeol had climbed on top of Kyungsoo, blocking him from escaping while passionately kissing him. After a while, Kyungsoo wrestled his way on top of Chanyeol. They stared at eachother for a bit second before intertwining again. Lust feeling up the air. As Kyungsoo's lips drifted downwards to Chanyeol's neck, Chanyeol slightly opened his eyes unconsciously. Just at the same time, a ghost had popped up in the movie and Chanyeol witnessed the blood-dripping dead girl with long black hair staring right back as him. "Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!" He turned his body around and tried to cover his eyes in his pillow causing Kyungsoo to lose balance and fall onto the side of the bed. "Ahhh!!! Turn it off! Turn it off." Right after feeling slightly pissed, Kyungsoo remembered that the movie was still playing. Chuckling, he turned off the movie. "Is it off?" Chanyeol asked timidly. 
"Yes it's off. Goodnight." He turned towards the stairs, but was jerked back onto the bed. 
"Wait. We're not done yet." Chanyeol said, trying to sound seductive. 
Kyungsoo just looked at Chanyeol before finally replying back. " I think you screaming like a girl was the sign of this ending." He smirked. Kyungsoo once again tried to get up, but Chanyeol tightly back hugged him. 
"I'm scared. Stay with me tonight," Chanyeol desperately pleaded. Knowing that the boy could not see him, Kyungsoo grinned widely. "Fine." 
"Really?! Thank You!!!" Chanyeol embraced Kyungsoo even tighter. 
Hearing Chanyeol's soft snore, Kyungsoo turned around to face him. As he looked at the sleeping boy he thought to himself...
' I think I'm getting too comfortable with you. It's getting dangerous.' And with that, he quickly pecked Chanyeol's forehead. 
' it's getting really dangerous.' 
11379280_938717542851612_2152374_n.jpg
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Writer's note:
Thank YouGuys for the support!!!!!! I will try my best to post more chapters up. Reading YourGuys's comments down below really encourages me to work faster! Please comment below for any ideas or things you wanna see! I'll do my best to incorporate it into the story~  -Sakurachan510
 
Spoiler: As they enter the competition, they spot a familiar face. Kim Jongin in the building!