#5:Girlfriend Stuff

Iljae Drabble Collection

#5:Girlfriend stuff

Warnings:none

Word count:730+ words

Summary:Ilsoon is in love with her best friend. Sungsook is confused. Oh,and blue hairdye is definitely cool.

A/N:so,yeah,heres some genderbend!iljae. bc ilsoon and sungsook never get old. 

 

 

_________________________________________________________

 

 

"How long is this gonna take?" Sungsook asks,her lips forming a tiny pout.

 

"Well,honey,if you want your hair to be vibrant blue you'll have to wait a while longer since you unfortunately broke your hair straightener last week." Ilsoon answers,rolling her eyes at her best friend's lack of patience.

 

Sungsook? She's one of the best people you could ever meet:she's kind,funny,extremely weird (and really,really tall),and Ilsoon kind of has had a crush on her since high school.

 

Now they're in college though,and Sungsook decided to dye her hair from jet black to an electric blue and asked her best friend for help with it,since Ilsoon has bleached her hair twice already (not to mention her redhead phase,those were the days man) and she's damn good at this.

 

So now,they're both sitting on the couch at the younger girl's place,waiting for the dye to work its magic,and no one said a thing for at least ten minutes,and it's starting to get really awkard (for Ilsoon at least. Who knows what the hell is going through Sungsook's mind).

 

The older girl is about to say something random,just to fill the silence,when Sungsook speaks up.

 

"Ilsoon...what are your thoughts about girls that like girls?"

 

Ilsoon chokes on her spit. Her mind is going ING SHE FOUND OUT WHAT DO I DO but she just lets out a forced laugh and says "What do you mean by that?" because she can handle her situations perfectly,thank you very much.

 

"I mean...I have a friend who thinks she might be in love with her girl best friend and she's really,really confused...and I was wondering what do you feel like when it comes to,y'know...gay people?" Sungsook looks like she's struggling to get the words out,playing nervously with her fingers in her lap.

 

Ilsoon is panicking.

 

"I-I..." She's stuttering. Tragic. Ilsoon NEVER stutters. "Who's this friend,anyway?" She forces out another laugh,but it comes out two octaves higher than her normal voice.

 

"Well...I..." Sungsook's eyes fix on her lap,and her voice keeps trembling. Ilsoon is worried. "I...I'm actually the friend."

 

Ilsoon falls. She literally falls off the couch. She was sitting on the edge of her seat,and now she's on the ground.

 

Sungsook is in love with her best friend.

 

Ilsoon is Sungsook's best friend,right?

 

.

 

Sungsook is in love with Ilsoon.

 

"Jesus Christ,Ilsoon,are you all right?" Sungsook gets up hurriedly,her hands immediately coming up to shake the older girl's arms.

 

"Yes-,I'm all right. I'm fine,I..ing Sungsook you're not straight?"

 

"Am I that disgusting?" Sungsook's voice is tiny and small as she sits back,putting as much distance as she can between the two of them,her eyes still staring at the ground.

 

She looks sad.

 

She looks small,wearing only sweatpants and a pijama shirt.

 

Her hair is wrapped in plastic,there are some tiny blue dots on her forehead and her face is completely bare.

 

And Ilsoon has never seen anything more beautiful in her entire life.

 

"Sungsook. Sungsook,look at me." The younger's pupils stay casted on the ground for a while,until they finally rise to meet Ilsoon's. Sungsook's eyes are so innocent and puppy-like,Ilsoon just wants to hug the out of her. "Sungsook,you're not disgusting. You're beautiful,dazzling and completely unique,and I've been in love with you since we were fourteen. And,,we're both idiots."

 

Sungsook's jaw falls.

 

She stays like that for a while,and Ilsoon bursts out laughing because the sight is honestly hilarious-the tall girl sitting on the floor with a plastic wrap around her head and hanging wide open.

 

"Stop laughing at me!"

 

"I'm sorry! You're just too cute~" Ilsoon cues while pinching the taller girl's cheek.

 

"Gross. But...what you said earlier...is it true? You like ME?" Sungsook looks shocked,and Ilsoon doesn't get why she's so surprised. She's such an amazing person,anyone would have fallen for her.

 

"I do. I've been in love with you for ages,and I'm sorry it took us so long to figure this out."

 

"Does that mean we can do girlfriend stuff now? Like,kissing and cuddling and going on dates?"

 

" yes. But right now,your hair is probably done absorbing the dye,and we should go wash it off."

 

"Yeah. Right."

 

Ilsoon giggles (what the is she doing. Jung Ilsoon never giggles) and looks at Sungsook for a moment.

 

And the thought that this amazing girl is hers makes her head spin and,,she really wants to kiss her right now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(((also i wanted to thank Hallucinerandet and theuniverse for being the best subscribers ever and always leaving comments. you guys motivate me to write more chapters every time,ily.)))