#11:Blooming Flowers and Tattoos

Iljae Drabble Collection

#11:Blooming Flowers and Tattoos

Warnings:none

Word Count:590 words

Summary:Sungjae works at the florist's shop. Ilhoon is a tattoo artist. Somehow,something blooms between them. And it ain't a flower.

A/N:I'M BACK! kind of. this is really short and ty,and i'm reeeaaaaallly sorry about this drabble's crappy quality,but please bear with me,i haven't written anything in about a month and i'm sleep deprived,i probs didn't do this plot any justice. you've been warned. however,please enjoy my ugly writing and leave comments! thanks for reading ♡♡♡

   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Sungjae is not a bad boy.

 

He's your sweet and polite guy next door (he has some weird sides to him,but what can you do) who always says the wrong thing while looking absolutely right.

 

He's been working at Eunkwang's flower shop for a long time now,and he's convinced that being a florist fits him. He likes working with plants. Plants are friends.

 

And all of this is exactly why this whole situation is a huge cliché.

 

Because,of course Good Guy Florist Sungjae would crush on the Badass Tattoo Artist Next Door.

 

Of course.

 

It's not his fault if said tattoo artist looks absolutely gorgeous all the damn time,walking around in flimsy tank tops that show off the complicated tattoos on his arms and chest and make Sungjae's heart skip a couple beats.

 

Why is he so fond of this tattoo guy,you might ask? Because this guy (whose name is Ilhoon,or so he was told) just happens to be one of Eunkwang's best childhood friends,and he drops by to say hello at the worst times.

 

For example,he literally just walked in and Sungjae accidentally dropped a vase on his feet.

 

And,let me tell you,that hurts.

 

"H-HEY,Ilhoon! H--ow are you?" He puts on his brightest face and waves at him.

 

Ilhoon has never really acknowledged Sungjae-yeah,a couple short greetings and an occasional polite smile,but they never really became friends.

 

So Ilhoon smiles politely and greets him with a "Hello...Sungjae,right?",earning an excited nod from the younger boy,whose feet are still screaming in agony.

 

"I'm good,how about you?" Ilhoon takes a step closer and even though they're still pretty far away from each other and his feet are in pain,Sungjae's breath itches in his throat.

 

How can someone look so beautiful by just standing and smiling? Why does Ilhoon give off such an angelic vibe,even with the heavy black ink covering half of his body and the metal piercings shining on his lips and eyebrows?

 

"I'm fine,thanks! I'm-oh -totally fine!" Sungjae tries not to let out a pained yelp.

 

"You don't look like you're /fine/,though...an-JESUS CHRIST IS THAT A BROKEN VASE ON YOUR FEET?"

 

Many more fun and embarassing moments like this one come up during the next days,and,really,Sungjae should write a book about them.

 

How to embarass yourself in front of your crush and end up at the hospital fifteen different times in 10 easy steps.

 

Yup,it would be a bestseller.

 

Today though,Ilhoon didn't drop by at the florist shop.

 

Sungjae hasn't seen the older boy since this morning,and it's making him worry.

 

A lot.

 

He's about to ask Eunkwang to call Ilhoon when said boy's coworker-the girl who does the piercing work at the tattoo parlor,Hyuna-walks in.

 

She greets the both of them politely,before walking up to Sungjae.

 

"Are you Sungjae?"

 

After the nod,she hands him a small note.

 

"Ilhoonie left this for you."

 

After Hyuna leaves,Sungjae opens up the note.

 

'Sorry I couldn't come check on you today! I'm pretty sick,had to go home. Make sure you don't accidentally kill yourself while I'm not there ♡'

 

Sungjae needs to double check the paper note seven times before realizing that-hey-that's REALLY a heart. It's not your imagination.

 

And now he lowkey feels like curling into a corner and crying because Ilhoon,The Ilhoon sent him a heart and-wait,what's that?

 

It takes Sungjae a while to dechyper the handwriting,but now he can see it-loud and clear.

 

There's a phone number scribbled on the bottom of the page,with the words 'call me!' written next to it.

 

And Sungjae really,really feels like crying.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:also,i'd like to thank Whoooo for being such an amazing reader and asking for my permission to translate my drabbles in french! THIS CRAP IS BEING TRANSLATED,Y'ALL. honestly,thank you! it makes me feel SO honoured. ♡♡♡♡♡