#8:Of Neighbours and Late Night Talks

Iljae Drabble Collection

#8:Of Neighbours and Late Night Talks

Warnings:implied mentions of ? i guess?

Word count:780+ words

Summary:Sungjae has deep late night talks with his amazing neighbour every day,but he still has no idea of what the other looks like.

A/N:it's almost midnight and i have a super ugly headache,but i needed to get this crappy drabble out of my system,sorry if it doesnt make sense! (((comments are still highly appreciated tho)))

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

It's been a long day for Sungjae. It's Thursday,which means that he has to teach six different classes in six hour-and it's tiring. It really is. Especially because none of his students actually give a damn about Literature.

 

It's past midnight and he's already tucked in bed when he hears the sound.

 

It's a soft knock on the wall,and a smile immediately makes its way on Sungjae's face.

 

His neighbour is home.

 

They started talking three months ago,when Sungjae's girlfriend cheated on him and his neighbour heard him cry through the super thin walls. He comforted him.

 

Later on,his neighbour told him that his name was Ilhoon. Sungjae has never actually seen Ilhoon in person,but that's okay.

 

Sometimes,they would stay up talking to each other through the walls until five in the morning,and Sungjae would go to work looking like a zombie but with a smile on his face.

 

He knows everything about Ilhoon. The other is older than him by a year,he lives alone,and he likes boys. Which isn't a problem for Sungjae,since he's into both genders.

 

"Sungjae,are you there?"

 

He smiles.

 

"I'm here. I'm sorry,I'm just a little tired. Had to work a lot today."

 

Ilhoon sighs from the other side.

 

"Yeah,me too. My alarm didn't ring,so I was late to work and my boss scolded me. He made me do some extra stuff,and I got out at eight p.m. And,on the way back home,I met my ex again. He says that he misses me." Ilhoon chuckles. "He was so ing possessive,I'm so glad I dumped him."

 

Sungjae remembers Ilhoon's ex boyfriend really well. When they were still dating,the noises that those two made kept Sungjae awake at ungodly hours. Plus,he learned how Ilhoon's moans sound like.

 

He remembers how Ilhoon was scared of meeting up with his friends because his boyfriend would get jealous. Now,Sungjae's glad that his neighbour agrees with him on the fact that his ex boyfriend was a psycho.

 

"That just won't leave you alone,uh?" Sungjae smiles and gently taps the wall. Sometimes,he wonders what Ilhoon looks like.

 

"Sadly,no. It's horrible really."

 

Before Sungjae knows it,it's three in the morning,and his eyelids are getting heavier.

 

"Ilhoon,I'm sorry to leave you but I really need some sleep right now. I have a lot of classes to teach tomorrow."

 

"It's okay,make sure you get some rest. Goodnight,Sungjae."

 

Sungjae smiles.

 

Ilhoon's voice always makes him happy.

 

"Goodnight."

 

 

*&*

 

 

Sungjae is confused.

 

He went to take out his laundry one minute later than usual,and when he got to the washing machines,there was a man taking out his clothes.

 

"Um,excuse me,that's my stuff." Sungjae coughs out awkardly,because he's never seen this guy around the neighbourhood before,and it kind of scares him.

 

"Oh,yeah! Sorry! I just...I thought you were going to leave it here and I really need to wash my clothes,so...I'm sorry!!" The man turns around and looks at Sungjae with guilty eyes.

 

And Sungjae almost trips over his own feet.

 

Because he knows that voice.

 

It's the voice that cheered him up when he had breakdowns in the middle of the night. It's the voice that he heard at three in the morning. It's the voice that shared all its worries with him. It's the voice he's grown used to love,in a somewhat weird way.

 

And, he never would've guessed that the owner of said voice was this hot.

 

"Wait...Ilhoon? Is that you?"

 

Ilhoon's eyes widen.

 

Sungjae is sure his neighbour recognized him too.

 

"Sungjae?"

 

He nods,and the older's face lights up.

 

",man,look at you! We finally met!"

 

Sungjae nods. Ilhoon is slightly shorter than him,and he's really,really beautiful.

 

"You're taller than what I imagined!" The shorter boy holds up his hand and Sungjae high fives him with a smile on his face.

 

"Well,I never imagined you'd be this pretty." The words come out of Sungjae's mouth before he can stop them,and the grin that spreads on Ilhoon's face makes his heart ache because it's just too beautiful.

 

"You're pretty good looking yourself." Ilhoon's smile grows a little bigger when Sungjae grins back at him.

 

It's the first time they meet like this,face to face,but it feels like they've been together for ages.

 

"How about we go get ice cream together some day? You know,to talk about all the stuff we've been through face to face." Ilhoon says,still smiling.

 

He's so gorgeous.

 

And Sungjae thinks about all they've been through together,and how he never knew that such a beauty was living right next door.

 

"Ice cream? Yeah,I'd like that."

 

"Great."

 

And Sungjae can't help but grin like an idiot when Ilhoon knocks on his wall around one in the morning,asking him if he's free this afternoon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(((also you guys i was just wondering what are your fav drabbles so far? please answer this!)))