#9:Paper Airplanes

Iljae Drabble Collection

#9:Paper Airplanes

Warnings:a tiny bit of angst if you squint

Word count:800+

Summary:Ilhoon feels lonely. And maybe,just maybe,a guy called Sungjae can help him overcome that.

A/N:i'm back!! sorry for this late update,aff was being a again. but here we are,a crappy and rushed super duper fluffy drabble written at 1 am. enjoy (((and leave comments)))

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________

 

 

Ilhoon feels lonely.

 

Well,he has many friends,but he still feels lonely.

 

Maybe it's because all of his friends are dating each other,and when they hang out together it feels like a biual pride movement.

 

Maybe it's because he keeps feeling out of place,even in his own apartment,because everytime he gets home he finds Hyunsik's girlfriend in there.

 

Maybe it's because everyone is happy and in love,and he isn't.

 

He walks into class with these thoughts clouding his mind,not really knowing what kind of lecture he's going to be listening to today.

 

But his clouded mind gets cleared up when he walks to his usual desk and finds a fragile,perfectly folded paper plane on the cheap eraser crumbs covered plastic surface.

 

 

He slowly unfolds the plane,wondering who on earth sent it there.

 

 

Maybe it was a mistake.

 

 

But when he reads the short message written across the milky white paper,he's sure that it wasn't a mistake.

 

 

Ilhoon,if you were a vegetable,you'd be a cute-cumber.

 

 

Ilhoon giggles,and he can feel his cheeks heating up at the cheesy pickup line.

 

 

What the ,when did he become a Japanese high school girl?

 

 

He folds the paper carefully and puts it in his backpack.

 

 

Ilhoon has no idea of who sent it,but the smile on his face stays there for the rest of the day.

 

 

A week later,he has seven paper planes pinned to his wall.

 

 

Every single one of them holds a super sweet pickup line.

 

 

Whenever Ilhoon went to class,there was a paper plane waiting for him on his desk.

 

 

He started looking forward to them,wondering what pickup line his admirer chose for the day.

 

 

Are you a camera? Because every time I look at you,I smile

.

 

 

 

Do you have a map? I'm getting lost in your eyes.

 

 

Ilhoon smiles every time he re-reads the words that were carefully inked onto the paper.

 

 

Everything about his admirer seems delicate-those words,those fragile paper planes,even the handwriting.

 

 

He wonders if it's a guy or a girl.

 

 

He's scanned that classroom often,and now he knows all the students that attend Mr. Lee's Psychology lesson.

 

 

There's a lot of people,but only four of them caught his attention.

 

 

Two girls,and two guys.

 

 

Those are the people who sit the closest to him,and they all look like they could be sending those planes.

 

 

There's a girl called Hyuna:she's tiny and has a high pitched cute voice and looks delicate enough. But then again,she's way too popular and out of his league,not to mention that she's rumored to be dating that Hyunseung guy from the upper classes.

 

 

Then you have a really quiet and nice looking guy,Mark. Blonde hair,pretty face,doesn't talk to him often. Definitely delicate. He doesn't look like the kind of guy who writes pickup lines though.

 

 

The second girl goes by Krystal. She's pale and really,really delicate. But she's a really straightforward person,and Ilhoon doubts that she likes him. If she did,she would've told him already.

 

 

That leaves the second guy. He's not exactly delicate. His name is Yook Sungjae,and he's known for being loud and odd and really friendly. He doesn't really pay attention in class. And he's oh so handsome. Ilhoon has always had a weakness for the guy-his smooth features,his intimidating height,his beautiful fingers,and that wide smile that looks like it could make flowers grow. But Ilhoon is completely,100% sure that Sungjae isn't the one sending the planes. There is no way in hell a magnificent guy like Sungjae would like a duckling like Ilhoon.

 

 

 

He shrugs off the thoughts and walks to Psychology class,looking forward to the plane.

 

 

And there is in fact a paper plane waiting for him as usual.

 

 

He unfolds it quickly,and his heart skips a beat when he reads the message.

 

 

Can I take a picture of you to prove to all my friends that angels do exist?

 

Ilhoon smiles widely,and everything feels fuzzy and warm for a couple seconds.

 

 

Then,a white flash brings him back to reality.

 

 

Yook Sungjae,the Yook Sungjae,is facing him,a camera in his hands.

 

 

"I wasn't joking." Sungjae says,holding up a newly printed polaroid picture of Ilhoon smiling at his paper plane.

 

 

It takes Ilhoon a few seconds realize what just happened.

 

 

Then,it hits him.

 

 

"WAIT! So you-you were the one sending the papers? You...you like me?"

 

 

Sungjae laughs,and Ilhoon's stomach starts feeling fluttery and everything is getting way too warm for his liking.

 

 

Is this what they call 'having butterflies in your stomach'?

 

 

"Yeah. I'm the one who sent all those planes. They're pretty,aren't they? Beautiful and delicate,just like you."

 

 

Sungjae is staring into his eyes,and Ilhoon's heart drops.

 

 

His cheeks are on fire,and he's aware of Mark and Krystal's stares from the desks next to him.

 

 

"Don't say that kind of stuff in public!" He says,hiding his face into his hands as he playfully hits Sungjae's shoulder.

 

 

"You're so cute when you're embarassed. 

So,how about a date,maybe? I'm picking you up at eight o'clock."

 

 

Ilhoon smiles.

 

 

He doesn't feel lonely anymore.

 

 

And,hours later,when he's sitting with Sungjae in some cozy restaurant near the school,he can't help it anymore.

 

 

"Sungjae,did you invent the airplane? Cause you seem Wright for me."