Chapter Seven

LOVE

When the month of June hit, and on the 21st, a joyous moment went on in the Asian Commonwealth. A new beginning was brought to the word, a new chapter, and a new prince. Delphian Queen Park Ji Ling gave birth to a baby boy who was announced as Delphian Prince Park Ryeowook.

 

All royals from the Asian Commonwealth were invited to the ceremony and party of the second Delphian Prince's birth. To everyone, it was a happy moment and held smiles, except for the frowny Asian Commonwealth Queen who refused to get near the child, and because of that, the Delphian heir sent her glares.

 

Of course, Kangin wasn't surprised to not see his angelic crush outside with everyone else, instead he was inside the Delphian Palace hovering over the most precious thing to him: his baby sibling who he always wanted. 

 

Leeteuk was only seen once during this day and it was just when baby Ryeowook was showed to everyone and of course, Leeteuk  would be there right by his parents while smiling at the child in their arms. The child that would bring happiness to everyone, and it did. Except for one person in particular, Kangin had thought.

 

 

 

 ღ  

 

 

 

“Woah! He's really cute!" The Unimonian heir squealed as he looked at the sleeping baby in the white fancy crib. He knew that the baby would be adorable since babies were always cute, and Prince Ryeowook was sure a cutie. 

 

Leeteuk nodded his head and smiled brightly. “He is, isn't he? He's definitely a gift given to us by God! Ahhh....I've been waiting to have a sibling...and I finally have one. Best day ever!"

 

Kangin could only smile knowing that his crush was way overjoyed. He was happy a long as Leeteuk was. Who wouldn't want a child like Leeteuk or Ryeowook? Then again, remembering Queen Ji Ling's smile when she held her second child in her arms...

 

Kangin for sure knew he had misunderstood everything. Queen Ji Ling loved her children for sure. Why would she not want them? Why would she hate them? Why would she ever have a reason to resent them? Or believe it was a mistake of their existence?

 

It was all a misunderstanding Kangin! Should've never evaesdropped in the first place! Queen Ji Ling forever will love her children and wouldn't ever have a reason to find them as a mistake! She loves both Leeteuk and Ryeowook, Kangin thought to himself as he glanced at Prince Ryeowook. 

 

 

 

 ღ  

 

 

Queen Jessica, Queen Kim Ji Yeon, Queen Kim Min Jun, Queen Jung Ji Song and Queen Park Ji Ling sat in the palace's library while sipping on tea brought by a maid while chatting. It surprised the four queens that they were talking with Queen Jessica. Then again, it would seem kind of awkward and childish if they didn't. 

 

Queen Ji Song placed her cup down on its saucer and smiled at Queen Ji Ling. She folded her hands and placed them on her lap and spoke softly. “Ji Ling ah, I heard that you had a C section..." 

 

Queen Ji Ling nodded her head and shrugged, “That's true. It was the most...ugh, grossest moments in my entire life!" She gained all the ladies eyes, except for Jessica's.

 

“Why do you think I'm not married and don't have children? Men are as disappointing as children are, a thing they share in common." Jessica blurted put as she took a sip of her tea.

 

Queen Ji Yeon frowned, “Not true at all! I love my husband and children, the most best thing in my life. I can see Kangin and Yesung turning into handsome men, and I don't know why, but I think Kibummie will be really cute and pretty."

 

Queen Ji Song giggled. “My Changminnie is so cute! I love my stepchildren as well, Yunnie and Wonnie...they'll be handsome like my Minnie, I can see it!"

 

“Joongie is a very pretty boy that I had to ask the doctors if they got his gender right." Queen Min Jun blurted and laughed at the end, ending up being the only one laughing, but Jessica was giggling. It seems those two found the strange “joke" funny.

 

Queen Ji Yeon sighed deeply and smiled sweetly, “I love my children and Bae Wook ah so much...I'd never give then up for anything or would redo my life. I'd like to go back in time so I can't get relive my amazing life." 

 

Queen Min Jun nodded and spoke sadly. “I would too...maybe to...to correct the mistakes I made." All but Jessica and Ji Ling looked at her with confusion.

 

Queen Ji Song placed a hand on the queen's shoulder and gave her an understanding smile, “We all made mistakes, and now, we can only learn from them and make sure or at least try to not repeat them."

 

Queen Ji Yeon shook her head. “I've made mistakes, and I don't regret them. If I never had made them...I probably would've never been where I am today."

 

“True." Jessica agreed and smirked with a hint of playfulness in her eyes. “But everything I've done and no matter how bad it is...I don't find them as mistakes or regrets. I'm loving my life the way I'm living it." 

 

No regrets? No mistakes? Loving the way she's living life? She obviously is oblivious of what she's done! Queen Ji Yeon thought in her head as she remembered what she heard from Net Pads about how Maynownians were suffering because of their cruel queen. 

 

“Queen Jessica, you must miss your sister and nephew, don't you?" Queen Ji Song asked as she took her teacup and saucer in her hands.

 

Queen Jessica's smirk turned into a frown and the playfulness in her eyes seemed to have changed a little into confusion. “I do miss them dearly. My older sister having not the chance to rule even as long as my parents were able to rule...and then there's my poor baby nephew. 

 

I'll never understand to why he needed to be killed. Every time my eyes landed on him, I believed he'd turn into something else. I believed he'd blossom into a beautiful boy who'd rule a thousands men and lead a million of women. A wise ruler." The words of hers confused the Unimonian, Amiopian, and Ziroian queen. What was this woman saying?

 

Queen Ji Song raised her left eyebrow. “My Queen...it seems as if you loved your baby nephew?"

 

Jessica shrugged and chuckled. “Why wouldn't I? He had the same blood I have flowing in my veins, instead another mix into his."

 

Queen Min Jun tilted her head and then nodded in an understanding way. “Oh, I get it. You despise children because...your nephew died as an infant? Awe, that must be killing you! Seeing all these children live...instead of your nephew and your older sister's child!"

 

Jessica opened to speak and then shut it, and then opened it to actually speak while nodding her head. “I guess you can....say and believe that."

 

Queen Ji Yeon protested. “But what would you and men? We understand about how feel about children, but what about the men?"

 

Jessica shrugged. “I guess you can say every woman likes a man, but then something happens, and the woman has a reason to not like men. Let me just say, to me, men can be right and wrong, and when they're wrong or right, I won't listen to matter what. It's not what they say that matters, it's what I say." 

 

In other words...she likes everyone doing what she demands and says, Queen Ji Yeon thought as she noticed that evil smirk that was creeping onto Jessica's face. 

 

 

 

 ღ  

 

 

 

At the end of the day, the royal Amiopians stayed in Delphia longer, and so did Queen Jessica. Prince Yesung spent time with baby Ryeowook and so did Prince Leeteuk of course. To what Kangin heard, he had seconds thoughts about what he heard Queen Ji Ling and her words. 

 

 

Leeteuk, you mustn't play with your brother right now. He's not important. Your studies and lessons are and so you must continue to attend those classes and not ditch to play with Ryeowook.

 

 

And he wasn't the only Amiopian who had strange thoughts too about a particular royal. Both him and his mother had thoughts, but Kangin had thoughts about Queen Ji Ling while Queen Ji Yeon had thoughts about Queen Jessica.

 

Both very confused and wondering...

 

What were the two hiding, that is, if they were hiding something...