Chapter Fifteen

LOVE

(KIBUM, RYEOWOOK, AND CHANGMINNIE ARE OLDER)

 

 

A trip to Ziroi it was, an exciting one. His parents were quite aware of that their sons fond the Ziroian Princes. Kibum was quite aware that Yunho and Kangin were probably going to have their own alone discussions, while Yesung and Changmin were going to tag along with him and Siwon.

 

He missed Siwon, even though they wrote to each other and saw each other very often. If Kibum wasn’t visiting him, Siwon was. Their parents were perfectly fine with this.

 

Like always, the king and queen were sitting high and tall on their thrones but it was different now. Yunho, Siwon, and Changmin were older and they stood tall and high on their father’s left side of his throne. Yunho stood first since he was the eldest and the heir to the Ziroian throne. Each royal had greeted them and shared smiles, they too were happy that they were here.

 

As expected the kings and queens were off to discuss in the Ziroian conference room while Yunho and Kangin disappeared and all was left was Yesung, Siwon, Kibum, and Changmin. Strangely, Yesung had pulled Changmin away from Kibum and his favorite prince.

 

Strange turtle hyung, Kibum thought as he saw the disappearing sight of his brother and Siwon’s youngest brother.

The two stayed outside of the castle. It was quiet, but it was quite comforting. They were able to look up at the sun without anything to talk or discuss about, but they still enjoyed each other’s presences. Kibum wished he could see Siwon every day, but that was impossible. He wondered if it really was impossible, he hoped not.

 

 

Siwon smiled as he watched Kibum at the corner of his eyes. He loved the boy, he knew that. He’s always known that for however long he’s known the true meaning of the word “love.” He liked the meanings and what came from love affections; kissing, hugging, smiling at each other, saying nice things to each other, and many more. His brother, Yunho, told him that he would know other ways to show someone how much you love when he was older. He too wondered what they were.

 

It was so peaceful and nice. It was relaxing without Kibum as well, is what others would say. Siwon found it amazing and peaceful wherever Kibum was. He enjoyed the prince’s presence and it was only him he had fallen for. There was no one else for Siwon. He found no one else he felt this way towards. It was just Kibum.

 

But it did not last.

 

It all started quiet and then things changed. Nothing expected of course. There was a change in the air though, not a pleasant change though. Things were going well, who would expect anything to go bad in any way? But it did and it was unexpecting and would’ve been to anyone who would’ve understood the quietness and calmness everything had been at first.

Siwon hadn’t expected it. He had seen at behind them in the distance black dressed figures. He didn’t feel like it was a big deal until he saw the weapons they carried; two swords their two sides of their hip. He stood up and watched one run far from them. That was where the castle was. This made him feel uneasy.

“Siwon?” Kibum’s voice made him snap out of anything his thoughts had sunken in. He looked back at his beloved to see him confused and a little worried. “What’s wrong?”

Siwon smiled softly. “Nothing, but…I have to check something real quick, okay? It’s probably nothing, so there’s no need to worry. Just stay right here, okay?” He could see fear in Kibum’s eyes. He was confused and Siwon wasn’t telling him anything.

“Are you sure?” Kibum asked, feeling uneasy as well.

Siwon sat down beside Kibum and placed his left hand on Kibum’s cheek and whispered softly, “Everything will be okay.” He stood up and ran from where his spot with Kibum was.

Kibum watched his favorite prince run from him in worry; never had anything gone such way ever to Kibum. He wondered what was wrong. He yearned for the presence of Siwon. He calmed down and listened to Siwon’s words. There was nothing to worry about. Like Siwon had told him: everything will be okay.

ღ ღ ღ

 

 

“RUN! RUN, BUMMIE!”

 

The voice was familiar. The tone wasn’t at all something he was used to. There was fearful, and commanding at the same time. Kibum was confused, but got on his feet in haste. He narrowed his eyes just to see a familiar figure far. It was Siwon.

But he noticed by the corner of his eyes there were running figures. His eyes widened as he noticed the two swords the figures had their two sides of at their hip. Listening and recalling the words of Siwon, he started running far.

Why? Kibum thought in his head as he blocked voices and all noises from his ears. He was just running like he was supposed to. Never has anything happened like this. He heard about attacks, but nothing as serious as this. Small ones they were, nothing big. But big or small, he did wonder and he did worry.

He did not look back, and that could’ve been his mistake. He felt himself being tugged back and then, he turned his head to look at an unfamiliar black dressed figure. It was a man he did not know the face of. He struggled but couldn’t get anywhere due to his small petite body. Plus, he wasn’t as old as his hyungs were.

He heard shouts and as he tried pulling away he felt the grip of the figure loosen. But as he almost got away, something hit him. It hurt where his head was—it was excruciating pain that he couldn’t describe or explain. But he did not scream or did not release any words—the wound was extremely bad that it knocked him out completely. Blackness was all he saw before officially going unconscious.

 

 

ღ ღ ღ

 

 

“OH MY! OH MY! OH MY! SOMEONE! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!" The teen screamed as he sat beside an unconscious body. This teen boy was scared and terrified.

 

 How could this happen?

 

How did this happen?

 

As more people crowded the boy and the unconscious body, screams and shouts were heard. A pretty young woman was crying and sobbing while her husband carried the unconscious body far away from the teen and the people who had crowded them.

The teen had spent his time huddled up in his room. His older or younger brother couldn't make him happy or lighten his heart.

 

He was devastated.

 

He was sad.

 

He was confused.

 

How could he do that?

 

How did he do that?

 

Hoe could God allow him to do so?

 

How could God allow this to happen? But it was him!

 

It was his powers. It was his fire. It was his impact. It was his fault. It was his doing. It was his actions.

 

“Your power is beyond great.” King Woo Young said as he sat across from his second son. This conversation was something the king hadn’t thought of speaking about. He was blessed with three healthy sons who made him happy. But his second son was blessed with a greater power than any Ziroian had.

Siwon had carried the genes of one of his ancestors—Jung Cyprus. The Ziroian King had such great power that was only released by his right hand only. It was different for Siwon though—it was his left hand that he could only use his power with. Unlike Yunho’s, Changmin’s, and his father’s powers, it was stronger and greater.

Siwon looked at his father in confusion. “What do you mean? Is that good or bad, appa?”

King Woo Young released a deep sigh. This was difficult for him to talk about and that Siwon could easily tell. “Both, I suppose.”

Siwon had been entirely confused by what his father was saying. He hadn’t understood anything since he was still young, but he knew his father was being serious—meaning it was nothing utterly bad or good.  

His father hadn’t told him much after that—he was too young to understand is what everyone would’ve said. He wouldn’t have understood probably, he was just a child. He did not understand what bad could come out of any power, especially his. He has never used it before and there was never a reason for him to use it ever.

 

 

ღ ღ ღ

 

 

Fear ran through their minds and hearts—they were afraid of what would happen. King Bae Wook and Queen Ji Yeon had just been in a meeting with the Ziroian King and Queen until a Ziroian guard had told them that there were attackers around the area and that Siwon and Kibum were in the area of where the attackers were.

The Amiopian Royals had feared for the worst like the two other parents and the guard had continued on—saying that Kibum was attacked but not by the attacker. This made them completely bemused—who had attacked then? Strangely, a small thought was floating around in King Woo Young’s head and he dared to not think of such things, but he heard the words of the Ziroian guard continue on.

“I-it was Prince Siwon’s power. He was trying to protect Prince Kibum, and the attacker had the young prince in his hold—Prince Siwon had used his power and the ball of fire had accidentally hit Kibum’s head. The attacker was caught, luckily.”

The four royals had run out of the room and went to where the guard was leading them. There was a crowd and one of Ziroian guards was carrying a small body. King Bae Wook and Queen Ji Yeon gasped and made their way towards the guard that was making his way back to the castle.

“Take him to the Royal Ziroian Doctor! Immediately, take him to the doctor!” King Woo Young commanded the Ziroian guard and the man nodded his head and bolted away.

The King and Queen of Amiopi followed the guard in fear and worry. The queen and her husband were praying and wishing in their heads that their son could be healed and would be okay. They hoped and wished so.

 

 

ღ ღ ღ

 

 

The other children, whom were not aware of the problem of the attackers involving Siwon and Kibum, had been told by their parents of what had happened. Kangin was very worried, especially Yesung and Yunho and Changmin too of course. After that incident there was one person no one saw—Siwon. He had run to his room with tears and sadness in his eyes.

The parents of the royal children had made sure they stayed outside of the small facility in the castle. Their sons were not to be here—it wouldn’t make things right since they would be too worried. Kangin, Yunho, Yesung, and Changmin had stayed in the library waiting for answers that they would receive by their parents afterwards. They were worrying a lot, and were praying as much as their parents were.

The kings and queens were told by the doctor that the injury had been extremely severe and surgery had to be done. King Bae Wook and Queen Ji Yeon just wanted their son to be okay—they wanted whatever done for them to get their son back and the doctor would do that exactly. The royals had been waiting for two hours at least, now it was three and they hoped it wouldn’t be more than that.

An hour later, the doctor had come out with an exhausted expression. He smiled at them with folded hands, “The surgery is done. We had finished an hour ago, but wanted to stay with him to make sure everything was fine. He is now wakening.”

“May we see him, doctor?” Queen Ji Yeon said with all the kindness she had left in her voice. The doctor nodded his head and opened the door for them.

The royals entered and spotted Kibum right away. The boy was lying down on a large bed with a bandage wrapped around his forehead. His eyes looked indeed full of exhaustion and no energy was left in him. All he had was probably already spent before the surgery and attack—that was likely the last drops of energy he would have for today.

Kibum’s parents ran to his bedside and smiled brightly. They were happy he was alright for now. He was safe—he was perfectly fine and healed. The queen was in tears of joy and worry while the king was his son’s soft hair. They were very grateful.

“Oh dear, we’re so happy you are okay. We were so worried—your brothers as well.” Queen Ji Yeon said in a soft tone. She didn’t want to startle her son with a loud voice.

Kibum spoke as soft as a whisper. “Umma, appa…”

“My son we are grateful for your recovery and your health.” King Bae Wook said with a soft voice. He would wish for never to ever have to let go of his sons. He would wish for his death to come first before his children.

“Siwon was worried.” Queen Ji Yeon said with a sweet smile.

The prince tilted his head a bit and blinked once, twice, and one more time. He spoke again, “Siwon…? Who…who’s that?”

Queen Ji Yeon chuckled lightly, “Darling, you know Siwon.”

Kibum shook his head lightly. “Siwon? Who is that, umma, and appa?”

“Your…you don’t…remember him?” King Bae Wook asked in confusion. His son replied with a nod. He sent a worried look towards his wife—they were both worried and got the doctor in quickly with questions and confusion.

 

 

ღ ღ ღ

 

 

 

The next day, the harmed boy was nowhere to be found, but Siwon’s father and stepmother pulled him aside to sit down and have a drink of tea. They had something important to tell the boy. As much as King Woo Young wished to avoid this, he couldn’t. It would hurt his son to know, but it would kill him to know nothing of it.

 

“Son," His father began with nervousness. His hands shook and so did his cup. The boy was even more scared. His father took a deep breath, “The injury was very severe."

 

The boy nodded his head, trying to hold back his tears; he smiled sadly and spoke softly, “I understand. His parents likely wouldn't allow me to see him again."

 

His stepmother even shed a tear, and tried to hold back the droplets, but she cried out, “They insisted it was the best for you!" The boy tilted his head, he was confused. Insisted? Best for him?

 

By his surprise, his stepmother broke into tears and rushed out of the room. The boy always believed his younger brother's mother was dramatic and very, very emotional. He looked at his father.

 

“Dear!" It wasn't long before his father turned to face him. He gulped deeply, “Son..."

 

“What is it, father? Do tell me, and don't lie, please. My stepmother can't...please tell me, please, please! I want to know how he's doing, please!" The teenage boy begged.

 

His father smiled sadly, “He's fine right now...but it's best if you don't meet him...for a while, or at least for now." His son looked as confused as ever. His father didn't stop though, “He doesn't remember you."

 

This was something the boy couldn't forget.

 

This was something the boy hated.

 

This was something that had made the boy's life...less exciting each time.

 

This was something that made the boy shut himself from his own world.

 

He had hurt the one that he truly loved.