Chapter Seventeen

LOVE

There was no way to describe the feeling that was welled up inside of him or the reason for why he was doing this but it just made sense. He knew exactly what he was doing and he knew he was doing right by it. He had no clue or how long he would be able to last or live without knowing but it seemed best to know now than later.

 

This confidence in him had come to him once the confession and moment he had spent with Yunho. He was happy it lasted long and after that they had spent a long time together. It was not just letters that brought them together but their now often meetings. It was something worth enjoying and every time the two left smiling since they knew the true feelings they had for each other.

 

Now it was February 4th, his birthday. He was turning seventeen and old enough to take upon what his parents were possibly hiding from him. He wanted to know what and why, but he did not know what question would be answered.

 

He knew his parents were distracted by maids and servants right now since they were planning his "birthday celebration" which he could care less of. He did not care of the gifts or how old he was turning. He was living and breathing; that was a good enough and grateful gift he was blessed with. He thanked others for sacrificing their time to spend a day for his day of becoming older, but he despised that his parents blew it out of proportion right after they had came back from their mysterious trip no one knew about. 

 

He did not care of the gifts or how old he was turning. He was living and breathing; that was a good enough and grateful gift he was blessed with. He thanked others for sacrificing their time to spend a day for his day of becoming older, but he despised that his parents blew it out of proportion right after they had came back from their mysterious trip no one knew about. 

 
Perhaps it wasn't that they didn't know? He was likely the only who probably had no clue about it. 
 
It did not matter anymore to him. He was going to He did not care of the gifts or how old he was turning. He was living and breathing; that was a good enough and grateful gift he was blessed with. He thanked others for sacrificing their time to spend a day for his day of becoming older, but he despised that his parents blew it out of proportion right after they had came back from their mysterious trip no one knew about. 
 
Perhaps it wasn't that they didn't know? He was likely the only who probably had no clue about it. 
 
It did not matter anymore to him. He was going to find out something that would likely change his life. He hoped it would not change him in the end. He wanted to know what their reaction was after confronting them. 
 
He found his two parents talking to a maid in the dining room. He did not want to interrupt them in a rude way, but he had no time to be sweet and gentle. He was not going to ask anyone. He was going to get answers no matter what; if they liked it or not. 
 
He approached the three and the maid was the first one to notice him. She bowed her head and said his name which was what caught his parent's attention. They turned to look at him with a gentle nice smile. Jaejoong knew they would not be smiling at him after today. 
 
“Jae dear, is everything okay?" Queen Min Jun asked with a soft smile with no worried looking eyes. She had no clue what was going to be forced out of her. 
 
Jaejoong released a deep sigh. “Appa, umma, I hope you don't mind me to take a moment of your time to ask you both something." He spoke sternly and his expression was full of seriousness. He was not joking. 
 
King Shin Young turned his head a bit at the maid and back towards his son. “My son, we have preparations that need to be made. Can it--"
 

“No. It cannot wait any second." Jaejoong said sharply and impatiently. His words and tone had made the three people widen their eyes. They had not accepted such an outburst from a quiet nice boy. 

 
The royals looked towards the maid apologetically and told her that they would merely take five minutes or so. Jaejoong had led them to the Unimonian library. His parents followed in tow. They did not release a word after Jae's outburst and he did not blame them. 
 
He knew he was being probably a bit too sharp but he was not playing around when he had decided that today would be the day he would confront them. Besides, it's not his fault they're telling a lie or hiding a secret. He wanted to know since it concerned him likely. Everyone knew but him and the fact that everyone treated him differently had him annoyed. 
 
Once they had entered the library, Jaejoong had closed the door and approached his parents who chose to sit down at the long mahogany rectangular table. 
 
“What purpose is there for us being here?" Queen Min Jun asked. 
 

“I have something important to ask you both." Jaejoong said.

 
“And what is that, my son?" King Shin Young asked, wondering how important the question being released from his son's mouth really is.
 
Jaejoong took a small thought on their reaction but he had to erase it immediately. He did not have time to think about possibilities. He had to ask now. “Something is being hidden from me, am I right?"
 
There was silence. 
 
The king and queen were looking at Jaejoong with a blank expression. The queen had removed her eyes from her son and to the bookshelves. King Shin Young released a deep sigh before shaking his head, probably stopping himself from thinking of a single thought. 
 
“Why do you think that?" Surprisingly, it was not from King Shin Young. Queen Min Jun had asked the question, and in her tone was full coldness and sharpness. 
 
“I seen people are not as honest as others would believe." Jaejoong began, not entirely knowing how to explain the proof he had. “Everyone was quiet and so were you two when I asked you about the whole lying thing long ago. I thought I was merely imagining it or that it didn't matter. But I wasn't wrong. Something is being hidden."
 
“What do you want to know?!" King Shin Young asked with a loud and angry tone. He was not seating in his seat anymore. He was standing up and slowly approaching his son. “Do you think we'd lie to you?"
 
 Jaejoong did not have to think about that answer. He simply crossed his arms and straightened himself. 
 
“What do you think, appa? Me asking you should be crystal clear to what my answer would be to that question." Jaejoong answered not at all affected by his father's words. 
 
“Perhaps we do have something we're hiding? What do you want to know?" King Shin Young asked, turning away from his son. 
 
“What or why, right?" Jaejoong asked with a bitter chuckle at the end of his words. 
 
Queen Min Jun stood up from her seat and folded her hands and looked at her son. “What do you wish to know? Do you want to know what we did or perhaps the reason for our deeds?"
 
Her words reminded him of what Yunho had said. He wondered what he was going to want to know. 
 
Jaejoong was off-guard complete which was something his parents certainly took advantage of. 
 
“This will be our birthday gift to you, Jaejoong." Queen Min Jun said and took her husband's hand and the two left the library.
 
Jaejoong stood there with his eyes full of confusion and fear. Even though he was alone, he felt scared. There were chills that ran up and down his spine. Yunho had been right and now that there were two options to choose from he was thinking harder than he's ever had to in his life.
 
 Things aren't as simple as we wish for them to be,  Jaejoong thought in his head before leaving the library as well. He tried to enjoy this day even though at the end he would need to choose. His mind was indeed corrupted and distracted.