Chapter Two

LOVE

He could understand to why his crush would be or want to be around his brother who was an infant, but he wouldn't have expected his crush to be playing and hanging around his other brother who was only eight. 

 

He loved his first youngest brother, the second Ziroian Prince; Prince Jung Siwon. He never hated his brother, never. He didn't hate him even though his mother had taken the place of where his mother stood. 

 

He knew his mother would never come back. She was somewhere else and he knew why she was gone and where she was too, which rubbed extra salt to the wound she had struck in his heart. 

 

He could never understand why he had to lose his mother. When he was a toddler, who had always wished for his mother to comfort and hold him, but instead, she had taken him by his head and plunged his face into the water that filled his mouth and lungs. 

 

He remembered his mother's words, but didn't hear most of them because of how little he was and because he was underwater. All he could make out was “you," “mistake," “hate," and “better life." He believed for awhile that his mother hadn't wanted him to begin with. 

 

She had hated him.

 

She thought he was a mistake and accident.

 

She probably would've had a better life if he hadn't come to this world at all.

 

But the thing he wondered was...why was his existence a bother? What made her hate him? He was a cute charming child who'd likely inherit all the handsome features and manliness from his father. What was there to not like?

 

Yunho would never understand, and its not like he could ask his mother or father. His father wished for everything to move on, and his mother was dead, likely in hell for her mistakes and sins.

 

His father didn't want to talk about his first wife, it would seem. And even now, he didn't want to talk about his second one. Now, all the king had was a heir, two sons, a daughter that was never brought to this world, and three wives with one still alive.

 

At first, it was all indeed strange to having no more sights of his biological mother, and even having her with them but not having the title as the queen, was strange to him.

 

He was as happy as a child eating candy, when his first stepmother, who was a good motherly figure to him, gave his father a second son and Yunho his first younger sibling.

 

Yunho loved hanging around his little brother, and was even more happy when he found out that he was about to have another sibling. 

 

He was devastated when his first stepmother and unborn sister had died. He overheard a maid telling another maid that the woman and unborn infant we're assassinated. He could've sworn that he would've broken into tears if it weren't for his younger brother looking up at him with watery eyes and a look of confusion.

 

 

“Ywnho hwung...where's uwmma? And Jwonnie? Awe twey owkay?" Little Siwon asked in a soft and gentle voice. 

 

Yunho just stared at his brother. He had no idea what to say. They were both still very young and probably wouldn't understand. 

 

Yunho knew if he'd be the one to tell Siwon what happened, he'd regret it. He'd just have his father tell then both. He knew his little brother would be devastated, but now...

 

He couldn't show tears.

 

He couldn't be sad. 

 

He had to be strong for his dongsaeng, and so...he would.

 

Yunho leaned closer to the little boy and pulled him into a hug and whispered softly, “Umma and Jiwonnie are somewhere else, Wonnie."

 

The little boy asked in curiosity, “Where...awe twey? Cwan I see twem? I want to swee thwem!" Yunho giggled by his brother's cuteness. 

 

The only way Siwon or anyone would ever see them, is if they died. Yunho knew for a fact that his brother didn't know that, and didn't know what death was obviously.

 

Yunho patted his brother's back and then rubbed it soothingly, “We'll all see them again...one day Wonnie...someday...."

 

 

Yunho and Siwon were then blessed with another motherly figure who Then became the Ziroian Queen and King Woo Young's last wife. The woman had given them love, and a bundle of joy. On the 18th of February, was when the hopes of having a princess was shattered, and the third Ziroian Prince was brought to this world. Prince Jung Changmin.

 

Yunho found himself jealous of his own brother and why? He never felt this way when Jaejoong was hovering over Changmin. But perhaps that was different?

 

Changmin was a baby, and Siwon was older than Changmin and younger than Yunho and Jaejoong. Since Siwon was already grown, there wouldn't be anything wrong with the , Yunho found it possibly that the between Jaejoong and Changmin was perfectly fine.

 

He couldn't be jealous or envious of his brothers since he loved them, but then again...his crush and feelings for the beautiful boy were strong. He was shocked and appalled when he realized that there might be a slight possibility that he loves the pretty boy more than....his brothers?

 

He brushed off the thought and stared at the two deeply once more. Jaejoong was drawing or showing something to Siwon with pencils and a paper.

 

He sighed deeply and found his eyes travelling elsewhere, which confused himself. He found himself looking at a couple with two boys and an infant in the woman's hand. He described the family in his head to see familiar things. 

 

The man and woman had crowns on their heads, the two boys were wearing grey fancy clothes with fancy looking shiny shoes, and the infant even looked fancy by the white blankets it was wrapped in.

 

Yunho knew already that they were royals, but which ones? Obviously it wasn't the Unimonian royals since Jaejoong was in Ziroi and his parents weren't here. He knew the Asian Commonwealth rightful queen and prince were dead, so they weren't the Maynownian royals. Either Delphian or...Amiopian? 

 

He found them in the garden and the man was supposedly talking to someone since it was his mouth moving, but because of a large rose bush, he couldn't see the person the man was talking to.

 

Because of his thoughts of who the man was and who he was talking to, he hadn't realized the footsteps nor the presence of someone else, or at least more than one person. He didn't even notice the two boys and an infant who were behind him.

 

He turned back and jumped out of his skin when he saw them. Two boys, short one and tall one, the short one was just staring out in the open and the taller one was holding an infant who was gurgling.

 

“Uh...who are...you?" He asked with a pinch of regret welling up inside of him. He was a bit frozen by the three children.

 

The tallest one with the infant spoke with an annoyed look, “I'm the heir to the Amiopian throne, and I'm holding the youngest child of Amiopian King Kim Bae Wook and Queen Kim Ji Yeon."

 

The shortest nodded his head and spoke softly, “I'm the second prince to Amiopi! I'm the second son of King Bae Wook and Queen Ji Yeon!"

 

“Guests with no names?" Jaejoong's voice wad heard from behind Yunho, which made the boy spin around to find his crush and brother right behind him. 

 

The first prince of Amiopi raised his left eyebrow and tapped his left foot. “We well enough know who you two—three are." 

 

The second Amiopian Prince nodded and introduced the three boys, “You're the first prince to Ziroi and the heir...Prince Jung Yunho (he pointed at Yunho and then to Jaejoong) as for you you're the only child and the heir of the Unimonian throne, Prince Kim Jaejoong. And you (he pointed at Siwon) are the second child to King Woo Young and the first child to Miss Choi Ki Ah."

 

Little Siwon raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms. “Don't you dare call my mother a mistress!" All eyes, especially the infant's, were on him. How did he know...

 

“Wonnie, where did you hear such word? You're only eight!" Jaejoong exclaimed with fascination by the boy's words. He had been hanging around the little boy, but he had never thought such a bright child would use such words.

 

Siwon sniffed and shrugged, “A maid wasn't paying attention to who else was in the room. Gossiping about my mother was fine with her."

 

Yunho's dark almond eyes widened as he heard his brother's words. He couldn't believe such things. He had always believed the servants and maids, especially the maids, were as sweet as sugar.

 

He never would've thought that a maid would say such things about the Ziroian King's lover. Ki Ah was a woman who would've been a perfect queen, Yunho could guarantee. 

 

Ki Ah didn't want the crown so quickly and refused to have it as soon as she had Siwon, which had everyone believing she was no gold-digger or someone who wanted the crown and power. As for the original queen, Yunho wouldn't be surprised if that's what his mother actually wanted. She hadn't want Yunho, meaning she probably didn't want children. She had the crown and she was a queen, and that didn't even mean she didn't want to be married or love Woo Young. 

 

As who could say such things to Ki Ah? Yunho would've loved her just as an official mother and not a stepmother. He'd feel a little sad if someone said such things about his mother, but he'd understand it. But as he thought of it, if there was someone who called his mother a “mistress" wouldn't make sense at all. His mother had taken the crown and title even before he was born. He probably would call his mother that one day.

 

“Wonnie, don't listen to them. The second prince wasn't going to say 'mistress,' just miss. Perhaps it sounds like it...but our—my stepmother and your umma is amazing! She's beautiful from the in and out." Yunho said soothingly. 

 

He meant what he said, even though he envied his young brother for having a loving mother and for having Ki Ah as a mother unlike him but the jealously vanished once realizing now Yunho had a total of two stepmothers and Siwon had one. 

 

He loved his brother, and loved his youngest one as much as he loved Siwon. He could feel angry or jealous at them because...they were all he had. He had to accept them. 

 

“True Siwonnie. Don't listen to what those maids say about your mother! She was an amazing and loving mother and wife! That maid was just..." Jaejoong wasn't able to finish since he thought of an appropriate word but found it ridiculous to wait, “A tyrant!" Gasps were heard from the boys, except for the infant who's cheeks were a bit pink.

 

The first Amiopian Prince nodded, “This maid is cruel and oppressive, but she's no ruler. So she can't possibly qualify as a tyrant, Prince Jaejoong."

 

Jaejoong sent the boy a glare, “Since when did you know me, eh? What about your names? You act as if you know EVERYTHING about us but you won't share a thing about you three!"

 

The Amiopian heir chuckled but Apple softly and handed his baby brother to his other brother and placed a hand on his chest, “I'm the first son of King Kim Bae Wook and Queen Kim Ji Yeon. Prince Kim Kangin."

 

The second Amiopian Prince wrinkled his nose. “I'm the second son of King Kim Bae Wook and Queen Kim Ji Yeon. Prince Kim Yesung, and then here's our baby brother. The third Amiopian Prince of King Kim Bae Wook and Queen Kim Ji Yeon, Prince Kim Kibum!" 

 

Siwon found himself looking at the baby. He looked around the same age that his younger brother was. What fascinated him, was the infant's looks. 

 

He found himself staring at the baby's soft light skin, plump red little lips, and little dark tufts on his head. He could imagine when the baby would be older. He could see it all, not literally, but it doesn't mean that he didn't want to see it. 

 

“So what's your guys story? Wonnie and I have a bumpy background, what's the story to you three?" Yunho asked curiously, knowing that everyone had a story. He was a bit eager to know Jaejoong's.

 

Kangin shrugged and replied, “I'm the same age as you and Joong, and Sungie is older than Won. Our father is a respectful and good man, and our mother is pretty understanding. We're fine."

 

Yesung tilted his head and looked deeply at the Unimonian Prince, “We've told ours, what about you?"

 

Jaejoong shrugged and sighed while a particular heir stared at him with a small smile. “Only child and son of the Unimonian royals. My parents want me to pick two trusted men beside me when I'm older just in case something happens to me, Unimon will have a ruler. 

 

Um...well, people mistaken me as a girl? That's usually something they all mistaken about me...well I guess...my mother wished I was a girl, and she had believed I was at first? She ended up dressing me like a girl since I was born and had told her friends I was her daughter until I e.

 

My parents seemed to have wanted a girl...a princess, a queen. Sadly, all the royals were blessed with a son and a king for a heir." 

 

Yesung tilted his head and his eyes widened, “Queen Park Ji Ling is pregnant! I remember she was...I know the Delphian royals already have a son!"

 

Yunho nodded. The boy was right. He has heard of the heir to the Delphian throne, he even knew the boy's name. He believed the boy was a year or two years older than him.

 

Park Leeteuk, he had spoke aloud and his eyes travelled to the first Amiopian Prince. He noticed  a glimpse or glint in his eyes. Yunho wondered if it was nervousness...or excitement? 

 

He didn't know exactly what it was he saw, but he could tell or believe, that he'd see that glimpse again someday. He couldn't specifically tell when, but knowing they were all now close...he'd see the glimpse. 

 

“Well now that we'll be seeing each other more often and now that we know about each other...it's be good to become friends...right hyung?" Yesung declared as he looked at his older brother.

 

Kangin nodded his head and sighed, “We will be seeing each other a lot, and we know somewhat about each other...anyways, having friends is better than having foes, right?"

 

Yunho nodded his head and chuckled, “Now we have to just meet Leeteuk hyung, the new Delphian Prince, and...my younger brother, Changmin."