Chapter Three

LOVE

He believed he was clearly seen right through by his new friend and he didn't want to admit it, but there was something his friend could ask or bother him about. The glimpse in his eyes obviously told his friend something.

 

Kangin and his family had just came back from Ziroi and the only thing the boy couldn't stop thinking about was when Prince Yunho said his name. He loved hearing that name. 

 

He does know of him and has seen him plenty of tines before to actually fall for the angel's beauty. Even as young as he was, he still felt something very deep for the older boy.

 

The Delphian heir was only older than him by two or three years, not much of an at all. But the Amiopian Prince knew that the angel would never fall for someone like him. He and such a beauty? He could never believe it himself if he were to actually be able to date or ever end up with Prince Park Leeteuk. 

 

Kangin hated how this feeling of his really bothered and distracted him during way important things. While learning from his tutor about the family tree and legacy, he thought of his crush's light hair and nice eyes.

 

A soft knock was heard from the outside of his chamber's doors and he knew by the sound of “crack, crack" it was his mother since she wore loud, loud shoes that were always heard. 

 

“Come in," He called out, but softly so he did it once again even though he heard the handle to the door being twisted and knowing the door was about to open.

 

Not to his surprise, it was his elegantly dressed mother with her brown hair in a bun and her makeup a little too noticeable entered with a bright smile.

 

Kangin straightened his shoulders and bowed his head, “My Queen." He surprisingly said all the time whenever his father or mother entered his room, but they always told him to call them by their appropriate titles. 

 

Queen Ji Yeon chuckled and clasped her hands and shook her head, “My son, you don't have to be so formal! You're appa and I taught you to be gentlemanly and very formal, but not this formal. Just umma will do, please." 

 

Kangin nodded his head and got to business, “Yes umma...is there something wrong?"

 

Queen Ji Yeon shook her head and smiled. A type of smile that Kangin knew by well. When she planned something that no never liked for them, that would be the smile she always plastered on her face.

 

Now that she was in his room, talking to him, and giving him that smile, obviously she had a plan for him up her wide sleeves. He felt a little nervous, of course. 

 

Who wouldn't? Things she planned were NEVER good for that person she showed that smile to, and that person right now, was Kangin. 

 

Queen Ji Yeon sat down on her eldest son's bed and placed her hands in her lap and brightened the smile that hid everything that she had planned out, “I must tell you something."

 

Kangin gulped but crossed his legs and nodded and replied softly, “Okay umma..." He had to brace himself to what she was going to say. She could say anything, so he had be prepared. 

 

Queen Ji Yeon sighed deeply, “You know Prince Park Leeteuk, right?" The name made the boy flinch and freeze in place. 

 

“I've seen him before...and know of him..." Kangin stammered as he tried figuring out in his head to what his mother's plans were. He couldn't think. 

 

“You know what he looks like and know a little about him...how though? Have you been spying on him? Eavesdropping on other people's conversations?" Queen Ji Yeon asked, but a smirk instead of the smile she once had.

 

Kangin gulped once more and fiddled with his fingers and looked down at his unlaced shoes. He knew if he were to ignore his umma and tie his shoes, she'd perfectly see right through him. 

 

“Um...no, why so many conclusions? Why...umma why are we even talking about him right now? It's not like we'll be seeing him anytime soon." Kangin said quickly and immediately bent down to tie his shoes with clear beads falling from his head. 

 

Queen Ji Yeon stood up and clapped her hands and giggled, “That reminds me! I have more to tell you, my precious first son."

 

Kangin looked up at his mother while his fingers did their magic and asked confusingly, “What is it umma?"

 

Her smirk widened and she placed a hand on her hip and her other hand's fingers were twirling around in the air, “They are coming!" 

 

His mother's words confused the boy. Who were they? What he was thinking was going to happen better not be about to happen...he begged his ancestors to not have or allow it to happen...

 

“Who umma?"

 

Queen Ji Yeon shut her eyes and blew a kiss to her first son and whispered, “The royal Delphians." She strutted to the door and as she was about to exit, she opened the door and whispered, “Your little crush will make his arrival soon, so be ready!"

 

Kangin died right there thinking of the possible things that could happen. He could embarrass himself, his parents could humiliate him, the boy wouldn't like him, the boy's parents wouldn't like him...so many things could happen during his crush's arrival.

 

He couldn't believe his mother. He knew she had something in stored for him, and something he wouldn't like for sure, but he hadn't thought of this. Obviously, he was foo obvious, and his mother was the first one to catch it all.

 

His mother knew about his feelings for the Delphian Prince and because of that, she had asked or invited the royal Delphians to the Amiopi Palace. 

 

Kangin wanted to pull out all his hair and scream real loud that he wouldn't even care if the whole world heard. His crush was coming and he had to be prepared and look amazing and suitable. 

 

Kangin was so happy when two maids had come up to deliver some clothes for him that was sent from his mother. He showered quickly and got out to have the maids help him into the clothes. 

 

Luckily she did more than tease and plan the most awkwardest evening that I'd ever be in, Kangin thought as the maids helped him into the fancy clothes his mother had picked out. 

 

Once he was all dressed and clean, he tried telling himself to relax and be confident. He had no idea what would happen downstairs, but...he had to try, and so he did.

 

As he made his way downstairs, to the entrance, he saw the most beautiful angel that he could've sworn that heaven has ever made...

 

And so, this evening had just begun.