Jihyo x Seo Kang Joon

Song Jihyo's One-Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                                                                            FATE II
FATE

A word with thousands of meaning. A word that could bring us to good, and bad. Fate, has brought me to meet such a beautiful, pure, innocent girl, which I instantly fall in love with. Having a deep crush on her isn’t bad at all. Infact, it is sweet. Although when she’s in love with other guy. Although when I am already dead. Yeah, you hear me. I am dead already. I was diagnosed with a disease, a serious one, with high rate of death. And I am one of the person who’s not survived from the illness. 
 

SONG JI HYO

A name which makes my heart melt, who makes me feel warm and excited. A name which I promised to love even when I die. I can’t help but to just love her all my heart although I knew she doesn’t love me. Her heart belongs to a guy, to be exact, a male kpop idol, Mark Tuan. They knew each other for a short time but I guess, love doesn’t need time to prove the true love between them. Although I had known Jihyo for a longer time than Mark, but he’s the one who win her in the end.

I was Seo Kang Joon. I was a graduate from Seoul University. Was a manager of Pearl Café. Was. Since I am dead already. 
You must be confused of why I’m still in human world, right? Because of a girl. That girl. Song Jihyo. Somehow, well, I’m not sure of myself why, God send me back to earth, as a soul, or perhaps people could call me as ghost, to be her guardian angel, until she accepts my death. Nevertheless, I’m happy that I could be her guardian angel, even though it takes forever. But, seeing her broken, messed up, soulless just like a living ghost break my heart. I never thought my death could have affect her this much. 

NEW ZEALAND –JIHYO’S HOUSE

“Jihyo-yah.. Honey, please open the door for me. You need to eat something. You’re not out for a week already. Let me in, okay?”. Mark keeps pleading Jihyo to open the door but Jihyo never listens. Of course. That’s my stubborn Jihyo. I watch him, hopelessly knocking on the door repeatedly, hoping Jihyo to open the door from a corner in the house, not too far from him. Just then, he stops knocking, and leaning his head to the door. I walk to him and stand beside him. Mark bites his lips as he’s crying silently. I look to him with a sad look, somehow feel sorry for him, and then walk passed the door leaving him. Yeah. I can walk past the door. Cause I am a ghost. I can walk past anything. 

Her room, is dark. There’s no light in the room, and I could feel the tense air. I spotted her, the girl I love , scrouching at the corner of her room, folding her legs to her chest. 

She had her head down, staring into the empty space with an empty mind. She looks so, soulless. I am glad that I could see her again, but the Jihyo I see know, breaks my heart. Unknowingly, my tears start to fall. “This is the girl you love, huh? She’s pretty, although she looks a mess right now”. Cha Hakyeon, or in ‘my world’, we call him as N, suddenly popped out besides me. He’s a Grim Reaper, the one who takes the life of the living human, when ones time has come. He’s the one who I see first when I woke up as a ghost. I glare to him in furious. No one dare says that to my girl! “Yah, yah. You know I can read mind, right? She is really pretty. It’s just that seeing her like this is not right. No wonder God gave you time to console her”. N then turns his face to Jihyo, giving her a sad look. I guess N too was sad for her. 

“What is she thinking?”. I ask N without looking at him. My eyes was fixed on her all the time. “You”. He then turns to face me, and I too, turn to him. “Do your best Kang Joonie”. N ruffles my hair playfully and poofed out from the scene. I let out a big sigh. He’s always playing with my hair. I quickly comb my hair back using my hands, making sure it’s nice and handsome. I’m about to meet her again. I have to look good in her eyes. She was still holding the letters that I’ve wrote to her before I die, which already turned to a crumped paper, probably because she’s been holding it all this time. I sigh and sit on the floor beside her. She still can’t see me. I still didn’t have her to say the ‘magic word’. I examined her face. Her face is pale, her lips is dry, maybe because she didn’t eat for a week already. I’m sad, seeing her so devastated like this.

“Hyu-. Ani. I mean, Kang Joon oppa. I miss you”. I was choked up in my tears but I held it. She had her eyes closed as she cries louder and louder. This is it. This is the time. I whisper to her ears. “Believe that there’s other world aside from your world, and prove that you do trust my world, Jihyo”. I stare to her once I done relaying the message. I can sense that she heard me as she take a deep breath and say “Kang Joon oppa. Let me meet you once again. I trust you”. With that, I then finally visible to her eyes, but it’s only her who can see me. Others who don’t believe in my world can’t see me. 

I wipe her tears with my thumb. She still had her eyes closed. Maybe she still didn’t believe that I am here now. I chuckle. Her face looks so surprised. Jihyo open her eyes and she can’t stop her tears from flowing. I could understand that. I mean, who would believe their eyes when they could see the person who had died before. I hug her, just to tell her that she is seeing me. She was clueless but still, she hugs me back. I could feel that she’s feeling lighter by now. After few minutes of hug, Jihyo broke the hug. She looks into my eyes deeply, loving and confused. I smile to her, and look into her eyes lovingly. She touches one by one of my face’s feature. I close my eyes when she touches my eyes. She touches my nose, my lips and then caresses my face gently with both of her hands. 

“How- I thought-“

“I come for you, Jihyo-yah. You miss me right? I come to accompany you, until you can let me go”. I told her the truth of my existence. “I miss you, Kang Joon. Don’t leave me, ever again”. She hugs me again, tightly. I guess she was afraid that if she let me go, then I will leave her. I sigh. This is going to be a tough job but if it’s for Jihyo, I’ll do anything. “Yah, how dare you only call me by my name. I notice that since you work with me, you just call me by my name, when I am older than you”. I pretend to be mad when I heard she calls me my name. I could feel that she’s giggling on my chest. Oh my god, seeing her happy again really warm my heart. “Do others can see you?”. She asks me as we both settle down on her bed. “No. only those who believe in my world can see me”. She nods. “You won’t leave me, right?”. Jihyo asks me, while looking into my eyes, pleading me to not leaving her. I just give a warm smile to her. I can’t say that I won’t leave her. We belong to different world. If only I can promise you, Jihyo-yah. 

“Can you at least eat something and washed yourself? You stink”. I changed the topic and joke with her. She frowns. God I just love it when she frowns. She looks the best whenever she makes her frown face. “Arasso arasso. This old man is really a grumpy one”. “Yah!”. I shout but she just left me. I walked past the door and watch Jihyo as she walked downstairs. Jihyo was shocked to see Mark, looking so devastated and messed sleeping on her sofa. She thought she was the only one who would be like that but she didn’t know, Mark is the one who suffered the most. Losing his best friend, and now, it seems like he loose the only girl he loves, how come he didn’t feel sad about it? She gives a sad look to Mark. She does feel disappointed of herself, for ignoring Mark but she need times for herself to heal. She knows that Mark understands her situation but seeing him like this, really breaks her heart but she couldn’t bring herself to console Mark. Not right now. 

I sigh. I can only hope that she can accept my death. Jihyo then fakes a cough which then makes Mark wakes up. Mark was surprised seeing Jihyo downstairs, since she never walks out of her room since she knows Kang Joon’s death. His hair is in a mess but he still smile warmly to Jihyo. I could feel that he was genuinely happy seeing Jihyo.

“I- I have made you food. Let’s eat okay?”. Mark was speaking in a sweet voice with a caring look on his face. He was about to reach Jihyo’s hand but Jihyo ward off. Mark was shocked. I was shocked too. I could never predict that to happen. “Leave me alone. For now, just leave me”. Jihyo maintained her poker face but I know, deep inside she was battling with her own emotion. I bet she didn’t even know that she would be this harsh to Mark. 

“J-Jihyo yah. But. But I love you. What do you mean by leaving you? I-“

“I didn’t told you to leave me forever. I told you to leave me, for now”. She still had that poker face but she didn’t dare to look Mark’s face. I guess she would broke into tears if she see how broken is Mark. This girl, when she determined, she really will do.

“Arasso. But, let me see you eat your food before I leave. Okay?”. I can feel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter