Song Jihyo x JJ Project (You Are)

Song Jihyo's One-Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Jihyo as Kim Haeun 23 y/o Attends Law School

 

GOT7 Jinyoung as Park Jinyoung 23 y/o Attends Acting & Performance School

 

GOT7 JB as Im Jaebum 23 y/o Attends Acting & Performance School

 

Monsta X Wonho as Shin Hoseok 27 y/o Works as a Prosecutor

 

 

 

 

Jinyoung and Jaebum. These two boys are the only male friends that Haeun ever have. They were close before, when they're still in middle school, until high school. They still go to the same university by luck, but as they pursue different dreams, they no longer contact each other like before. Jinyoung and Jaebum remain good friends, only Haeun seems to distance herself from those boys. Not that she forgot her best friends. Not also because everyone in the college likes them, but solely because she has a deep crush with one of them; Park Jinyoung.

She knows she can never win his heart. She knows well her place. She's not pretty, not intelligent, doesn't have aegyeos, and is not good in talking. Those are the ideal types of Jinyoung. She knows because they had talked about this before. That was why she decided to just remained as friends, and when the times came for them to separate, she was actually thankful, because that's the only way she can forget her deep crush on her own best friend.

Park Jinyoung is this typical college boy. He's rich, good looking, excel in study, and cold. His life is surrounded with lots of beautiful girls. There will always love letters or gifts in his locker, or on his desk, but he never entertains any of them. Same goes to Im Jaebum, another good friend of Haeun. What's different is that, Jaebum is nice to girls. Though he doesn't accept any confession, but he rejects them in nicest way ever, which makes the girls to love him even more.

Because she knows her place is not with them, she part ways.

Jinyoung and Jaebum never want her to leave. Because for them, she's the only girl in their lives.

For Jaebum, she's the first one to reach him when he's having a hard time.

For Jinyoung, she's the one who saved his life, and makes his life matters again, after his mom died. For him, she's the only girl he ever cares about.

 

Flashback

Jinyoung just got home after studying in the library. He couldn't see his father and his step brother. Well, not that he cares. He walks straight to his room, wanting to take rest. He opens the door, and the bag that he holds drops to the floor.

"Eo? Jinyoung-ah. Mianhae. I accidentally hit you mother's photo." His step brother apologizes to him, with a rather mocking expression.

"GET. OUT." Jinyoung clenches his fists and closes his eyes, controlling his anger and his tears. And he hears, his step brother laughing sarcastically.

"Bwoyaaa.. it's just picture. She's dead. What are you going to do with a picture? She's not gonna be alive again." He opens his red eyes, and stares his step brother with rage. He loses his control and punches his brother, making his mouth to bleed. His step brother sprints towards Jinyoung and punches him too, and he falls onto the broken glass.

"PARK JINYOUNG! PARK CHANYEOL!" his dad comes and breaks the fight. He thought, at least, for once, his dad would take his side. But no. He still cares, for that guy.

"Chanyeol-ah gwaenchana? Park Jinyoung what have you done to your brother!?" His father yells to him while checking his brother.

"He breaks mom's picture! Look!" Jinyoung shows his mom's picture with teary eyes, hoping, for a miracle.

"I already said sorry appa, and then he hits me."

"Yah deo!"

"Pak Jinyoung!" He shushes after his father screams.

"Its' just a goddamn picture and you hit your brother?! I can't believe your mom had you."

"She's your ing wife, appa!" Jinyoung screams in anger.

"YOU!" And his father slaps him on his face. Jinyoung swears, he sees Chanyeol mockingly smile to him.

"I don't raise you to be this rude." His father says with tremble voice. Jinyoung clenches his fist once again.

"You never raise me." Jinyoung leaves the house, with his arm bleeding, and his face bruises.

 

🔻🔻🔻

 

Jinyoung wanders hopelessly. He misses his mom so much. He knows, his dad hates him because of his mom's death. He was sick before, and his mom did everything to save him, until one day, she collapsed and after a few weeks, she died because of extreme stress and exhaustion. She never had time to take care of herself because of him. His dad blames him, and he too, blames himself. He's just too tired of his life, and so he jumps. He doesn't know, someone was already watching him for hours, since he steps out from his house. And it's Kim Haeun.

Haeun knows him of course. They were classmates since the first year of middle school. But they never talked. Not that she wants to. She doesn't have any reason to talk to him, and so does him, thus, she guesses, he never knows of her existence. He's already famous in middle school, for having good looks, for good in studying, for being the son of a director of a famous medical company, and for being cold. She admits that she has a little crush on him, just because of his good looks and how focused he is when he's studying, but she despises his attitude towards the girls that confessed their feelings for him. She meets occasionally with him, because she too goes to the same library, and her house is on the same way with him.

Because she's always around him, she can't help but too know, about his family's problems. Again, not that she wants to interfere, but because of that, she can actually understand of why he always acts cold. And because of that, she's been watching over him, just in case he needs any help from someone. She never expects that Jinyoung would go as far as killing himself.

She quickly jumps off the bridge as soon as Jinyoung jumps, when she actually, doesn't know how to swim.

"Jin..yo-" she tries to call his name, but water keeps on getting into . She sees him getting into the river deeper.

Though she doesn't know how to swim, she did watch tutorial on how to swim, so she just follows what she has learned. And when she finally grabs Jinyoung's arm, Jinyoung automatically opens his eyes, shocks to see someone in the water with him. Haeun is out of breath, and she only thinks of to save Jinyoung. With her last strength, she pushes Jinyoung to the surface, and she starts to lose consciousness.

 

🔻🔻🔻

"Yah! Yah! Wake up!" Jinyoung keeps on pumping her chest, trying to save the girl who just saved him.

"Yaisshh! What the am I doing when I just tried to kill myself." He mumbles alone.

"This can't do." He leans in, wanting to do a mouth to mouth respiration, and that's when Haeun opens her eyes.

"YAH!" She quickly sits straight and slaps his face.

"Neo miccheosseo? You're trying to kiss me when I fainted!" Haeun looks to him with a frightened expression.

"Auch yah. I just saved you and you slap me? I was just trying to save you. I'm not even expecting a thank you." He gets up and is about to leave Haeun, but then turns around and opens his jacket.

"It's cold." He throws the jacket on her face. Haeun smiles seeing him. She knows he's a kind person, but in a weird way. Nevertheless, she likes it.

"Hey wait." Haeun takes the jacket and puts it properly on her shoulder, and walks next to him. She notices his bruised face, and his white long sleeves shirt stained with bloods. She gets it right away, that he had a fight with his brother and his father.

"Jinyoung-ah." She calls his name, making him to halt his movement. He stares to her with poker face.

"Follow me." She gives a bright smile to him.

 

 

🔻🔻🔻

"Are you sure we can come in here?" Jinyoung whispers, while walking behind Haeun into a clinic.

"Of course. Why not?" Haeun turns on all the switches, and disappears into a room.

"I saw CLOSED signs at the front." He says while standing at the receptionist counter.

"It's my cousin's clinic. We're practically a family. So it's fine. Come in." Haeun calls for Jinyoung to come into a room, and Jinyoung goes without any word.

"Open your cothes." Haeun commands.

"Yae?" Jinyoung stares to Haeun with blank face.

"I know what you're thinking but no. I need to clean your wound." She pouts , showing to his sleeves, which is already stained with blood.

"Ah this.. Gwaenchana. I can-"

"Do not make me do it myself, Park Jinyoung-ssi." With that, Jinyoung quickly takes off his clothes. Thankfully, he wears a sleeveless top so Haeun isn't that shy. She is already blushing, seeing his arm muscles just now. She wouldn't want to squeal over his abs. Jinyoung would surely think she's a freak.

Both Haeun and Jinyoung don't say anything when Haeun is busy cleaning his wound. Jinyoung silently watches her, doing her job with so much focus. He thinks she looks cute, with opens half ways, and when sometimes she would her lips.

"You look ugly." He opens his mouth after a moment. Haeun only gives him a glare, and again, he thinks she looks cute.

"How do you know my name? I don't think I know you."

"Of course I know. We're classmates, Jinyoung-ssi."

"Eo? Jjinjja?"

"Yep. You wouldn't know coz you have too many fans."

"Tch. I don't like any of them. They're- arck!"

"Wae? Appo? That's how they feel when you reject them that way." Jinyoung glares to her, but she replies with a sweet smile.

"What's your name?"

"I thought you wouldn't ask. My name is Kim. Ha. Eun. Just call me Haeun." She gets up and wraps his arm with a bandage. Haeun then goes closer to him, to apply some creams to ease the pain on his bruised face and to heal the bruises. Haeun can feel his breath on her face, and she swears, her heart is beating so fast. But she has no idea, Jinyoung is feeling the same way. She applies them fastly, because she knows she can't take it any longer or if not, she might faint again.

"I'm gonna change my clothes in the next room. Here's yours."

"who-"

"It's my cousin's. It's okay. Just use it." He takes the clothes from Haeun, and she exits the room to change too.

 

🔻🔻🔻

"You really make this clinic like it's yours." Jinyoung sits at the sofa infront of Haeun while eating sweet buns she gave just now.

"yeah. I've been living in here since kids. Since my uncle works here and until it was passed down to my cousin."

"That's why you're good in this. Thanks." He shows to his arm, and Haeun nods her head, accepting shyly the gratitude.

"You don't know how to swim, don't you?" Jinyoung sets his eyes on hers, when he asks the question. Haeun pretends to not notices that, and just focuses on the buns.

"Yep."

"And yet you jumped to save me?"

"Yep."

"Why?"

"Just because."

"Kim Haeun." She looks up, to meet his eyes. His serious look tells her that he wants a truth. Plus, she's weak when someone calls her by her full name.

"then are you expecting me to see my friend to die right in front of my eyes?"

"Friend?" To him, the word 'friend' is strange for him.

"I know, you don't see me as your friend. But I know you. I see you every day. How can we not be friends?"

"Just because we meet every day doesn't make us friends."

"But I want to help you."

"Even when you almost died just now?" she stops, meeting his eyes again. He waits for her answer.

"Yes. Even if I need to die."

"Why? I don't-"

"Helping people is my personality. You don't have to say thanks. You're precious, Jinyoung. You should know that. Your father must regret his action right now. Your brother is just jealous of you. Trust me, Jinyoung. You're actually very lucky, compared to other people."

"Wait, how did you know... ever-"

"Because I care, Jinyoung. Watching you is how I protect you."

Jinyoung can't utter anything. He's literally speechless. This is his first time, meeting someone with such a pure heart. His first time, someone ever said to him that he's precious, aside from his mother, and not as a confession for him. He knows, it comes sincerely from her heart.

"you're really a weird girl." Haeun laughs, hearing the compliment comes out from his mouth.

"I am."

 

🔻🔻🔻

Since then, they grow closer. Second year in middle school, Jaebum transfers into their school and enters their class, and the first person Jaebum reaches is Jinyoung. Haeun can't be any happier, seeing Jinyoung getting new friend. It's what she sincerely hopes; for Jinyoung to have a lot of good friends around him. He starts making friends now, though, he still hasn't changed his cold attitude towards girls. But she's happy seeing his positive change.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter