All Black

BTS Ghost Club

Jungkook opened his eyes to find Namjoon going through his dresser. Sitting up slowly and rubbing his eyes twice to make sure he wasn’t seeing things, Jungkook watched as Namjoon pulled out a bunch of clothes; obviously looking for something. “Hyung?” Namjoon froze and then spun around.

 

“Oh, morning Jungkook. I was- I was looking for my lost shirt, thought you may have taken it.” Namjoon then excused himself to go eat breakfast. Jungkook laughed. ‘I know what he was looking for.’ Jungkook hopped out of bed and shoved the clothes back into his dresser. Namjoon thought Jungkook was keeping dirty magazines somewhere. But really it was Suga who had them, and Suga let him borrow them once. Namjoon had once walked in on him reading one and asked where he kept them. Not wanting to throw his hyung under the bus he had lied and told Namjoon they were in his dresser. ‘Such a weirdo...He could just ask.’ Shrugging off the rest of his sleep, Jungkook followed Namjoon and headed to the kitchen.

 

“Morning Jungkook. Breakfast is on the table.” Jin told him as he entered. Looking around he noticed it was just him, Jin and Namjoon.

 

“Ready for today?” Namjoon asked as he buttered a slice of toast.

 

“Huh? Oh yeah, ask V about the-” But Jungkook stopped mid sentence as V and Jimin made their way into the dining area.

 

“What about me?” V asked looking at the food laid out. Jungkook took a huge bite of egg to avoid answering, but Namjoon had him covered.

 

“He was telling me that he wanted to ask you something after breakfast. Probably about practice.” V nodded as Namjoon talked, more interested in the meal Jin had prepared. Jimin nervously looked around the room at Jungkook and then to Namjoon. Jungkook avoided his eyes. ‘He knows Namjoon knows...’ Jungkook thought as he ate silently. Jimin may be annoying, but he wasn’t stupid.

 

“Morning Jin! Looks good!” A happy Jhope said walking in, a tired Suga following behind. Jin ignored him and handed them both plates. “Jin...What’s wrong?” Hoseok asked, not the type to let people treat him so cold. Jin got a plate himself and sat next to V, his favorite spot. Jimin seemed to glare at this.

 

“Well nothing would be wrong if you and Suga hadn’t had when I was in the freaking room last night.” Jin said glaring at his room mate who was quite obviously pretending to be way too interested in his glass of orange juice.

 

“Sorry hyung, I thought you were sleeping...Plus Suga said it was his room too and-” Jin put his hand up to silence Jhope.

 

“I don’t care, okay?! Just don’t do it again.” Everyone ate in silence once again, V and Jimin being the first one’s done and then quickly disappearing into their room. Jungkook thought now was a better time than ever, so he placed his dish in the sink, thanked Jin for the food; and followed the 95’ line. Deciding not to knock, Jungkook opened the door and walked right in, making sure the door shut behind him

 

“Hey! What are you doing in here, I’m getting dressed!” Jungkook looked away repeating sorry until V told him he could look. “What did you want to ask about?” He asked sitting next to Jimin on his bed. ‘Are those two…dating?’ Shaking the thought away, Jungkook got down to business.

 

“I wanna join your club.” Jungkook said, looking from an unamused V to a shocked Jimin. Jimin spoke first.

 

“No!” But V smacked his arm.

 

“Maybe. But why?” V asked rubbing where he had just hit Jimin. Jungkook held his breath while he tried to think of something.

 

“Uhhh...Because I love ghost stories?” Jungkook tried, thinking back to what Namjoon told him last night about ghost clubs. V laughed and Jimin gave Jungkook a sorry smile. ‘What did I say?’ “What?”

 

“Do you even know what a ghost club is?” V asked in his ‘you’re a complete idiot’ voice. Jungkook hated V for this. Just because he was younger, whenever Jungkook didn’t know something, Taehyung was the first to make fun of him for it. V waited for an answer but continued after Jungkook just sat there looking like a lost puppy. “It’s more like ghost hunting. But for other people. People ask me to check out their hauntings and I try to solve it for them. Jimin here just joined as well. So I guess if you’re willing, and not scared, you can too.” V finished, putting unnecessary emphasis on the ‘and not scared’ part.

 

“Yeah, I wanna join.” Jungkook said firmly. No way was he going to let V think he was scared of ghosts. Not that Jungkook even believed in all of this. “When do we start?”

 

“Well, yesterday I went to check out this abandoned house, but nothing was there,” Jungkook held back a ‘no , that’s why it’s abandoned’. “But I did get this girl who told me something interesting.” Jungkook nodded.

 

“What’d she say?”

 

“She didn’t give me many details, but I told her we could meet tonight with my members to go over the problem.” V answered. Jungkook nodded again, doing as Namjoon said and pretending to be very interested. Not that he had to pretend anymore, this was getting very interesting on its own.

 

“What’s her address?” Jungkook asked, hoping V would tell him so that he could give it to Namjoon.

 

V shrugged. “We’re taking the bus and meeting her at a cafe. She said she doesn’t feel safe discussing it her house.” ‘Damn.’ Thought Jungkook. He’d just have to let Namjoon know when they were leaving. “Oh. One more thing.” V said staring into Jungkook eyes with such seriousness that it made him shift uncomfortably. “You can’t tell anyone about this club.” Jungkook wanted to ask ‘or what?’ but he felt like he’d regret knowing the answer.

 

“Okay.” Jungkook answered simply, Jimin still giving him a sad smile. ‘What’s his problem?’ “I’ll go now. Jimin, can you come with me to the studio really quick?” Jimin looked to V as if asking for permission, V slightly nodded and Jimin stood up.

 

Once they were out of the room, Jungkook pulled Jimin into the living room and made sure no one was around. “Are you and V dating?” He asked his hyung once he was sure no one would hear him. Jimin looked to the ground.

 

“Y-yes.”

 

Jungkook sighed with his answer. “Thank god. I was wondering why you two were acting so weird in there.” Jungkook said walking away. Jimin reached out and grabbed his arm. “Hyung?” Jimin looked a bit scarred.

 

“Do you believe in ghosts?” He asked the manake in a hushed whisper. Jungkook turned back around and stared at Jimin.

 

“No. Why?” But Jimin didn’t say anything. He just gave him another sad smile and let go of his arm, heading back to his room. Jungkook shuddered. But Jungkook couldn’t give it another thought because Jin walked in from the kitchen and sat down on the couch.

 

“Hey there. You and Jimin fighting?” Jungkook looked at Jin. ‘Did he hear anything?!’ Jin saw the look of terror on Jungkook’s face and then changed the subject. “Uh, nevermind. I’m sure you two will make up...Have you seen my phone?” Jungkook shook his head and walked back to his room. He wished they had been fighting. Then maybe he wouldn’t have this feeling of dread in the pit of his stomach. Namjoon looked up as he entered the room.

 

“How’d it go? You in?” Jungkook nodded, ignored the feeling that kept trying to creep it’s way back.

 

“Yeah, I’m in.” He answered. Namjoon patted his back.

 

“Nice job agent Kook,” He said laughing a little bit, making Jungkook smile. “I have to go with Jhope to an interview, I’ll be back soon. Hopefully before V decides to go wherever you guys are going.” Jungkook cursed himself for not asking a time.

 

“Not sure when, but if you’re back in time I’ll let you know.” Jungkook informed the older. Namjoon nodded and headed out the door. Not a second after Namjoon left, Suga walked in.

 

“Have you seen Hobi?” Jungkook wanted to ‘awe’ out loud. ‘They’re even using nicknames now. Cute.’ “Have you?” He asked again.

 

“He went to an interview with Namjoon.” Jungkook told him.

 

“Oh. Wanna go practice?” He asked. Jungkook said yes and the were off to the studio. “Let’s take it from the top.” Suga said turning the music on. After three hours of almost non-stop practice, Jungkook felt like he was going to pass out. “You wanna stop?” Suga asked as he watched the manake struggling to keep up with the beat.

 

“Yes please.” Jungkook answered, walking straight to his water bottle and chugging it down. Suga did the same, wiping the sweat off his forehead with his sleeve.

 

“Sorry, I’m use to practicing with Hobi. You know how he is, doesn’t stop till his legs give out.” Suga apologised. Just then Jin walked in.

 

“If you guys were going to practice you could’ve gotten me.” He said watching as Jungkook and Suga sat there catching their breath. “I’ll go get some cold water you guys, be right back.” And Jin disappeared and then reappeared with drinks as he said. “One for you, and you. Even though I hate you right now.” He said to Suga making them all laugh. Jungkook was grateful for the hyungs that allowed him forget his troubles. But they came back as he listened to Jin and Suga discuss a schedule that would give Suga and Jhope alone time in their shared bedroom.

 

“Do you guys believe in ghosts?” Jungkook asked out of the blue as their conversation died down. Suga rolled his eyes and said no.

 

“Ghosts are made up for human entertainment. Only idiots believe that stuff.”

 

Jin hit Suga. “I believe in them! Spirits are a better way to think of them though.” He said.

 

“See,” Suga said turning to Jungkook. “Only idiots believe that stuff.” Which made everyone laugh again. Thank god they weren’t taking the topic seriously. After practicing, with Jin this time, for a few more hours, Suga turned the music off and they all sat down again.

 

“What time is it?” Suga asked as they all downed their water. Jungkook pulled his phone out.

 

“8:05.” He said and just then received a text.

 

From: TaeTae

Where r u? Leaving in 10

 

Jungkook quickly typed that he was on his way to the dorm while Suga complained about Jhope being gone so long. “I’m heading back, Jimin wants me.” Jin smiled at Jungkook’s words.

 

“See?” He said. Jungkook smiled back and left, cringing as he heard Suga ask Jin if he and Jimin had a thing. ‘Little do they know...’ Jungkook thought, hurrying back to the dorm. Once Jungkook was inside, he notice V and Jimin sitting on the couch together, V straddling Jimin, their foreheads pressed together. Jungkook couldn’t tell if they were kissing or not, and he didn’t really want to find out, so he let them know he was there from where he stood.

 

“I’m back.” He called, making V jump and Jimin turn around. Sadly they weren’t as shy as Suga and Jhope, so they stayed like they were as Jungkook walked over.

 

“Ready to go?” V asked, finally peeling himself off Jimin. Jungkook nodded. He didn’t want to say yeah incase his voice betrayed him and made him say no. “Good, lets go!” He said happily, pulling Jimin by the hands and motioning for Jungkook to follow. As they sat on the bus, V happily all over Jimin, Jungkook remembered that he should let Namjoon know the situation since he hadn’t come home in time to follow them.

 

To: RM

Just left. Don’t know where we’re going. What should I do?

 

From: RM

Just make sure to tell me how it goes when you get back, you’ll be fine.

 

Jungkook nodded to himself. ‘Of course I’ll be fine. What could happen? We were just going to cafe anyways. Right?’ But even though Jungkook asked himself these questions, he couldn’t answer them. Yet. As the bus came to a stop, V hopped up and told him and Jimin to follow him. Walking outside, Jungkook noticed it was dark out, and the clock on his phone told him it was now 9:23. V ushered the other two to follow him as he lead them to a small cafe. Before going in, V pulled them both to the side.

 

“I already told Jimin, but I’ll let you both know again. I do the talking, you two just drink your coffee and be polite. Okay?” V said, looking at Jungkook.

 

“Got it boss.” Jungkook said, trying to act like he wasn’t about to bolt and take the first taxi he saw back to the dorm. V smiled and they all walked in.

 

“There she is.” V said heading over to a table where a woman who looked to be in her mid twenties was sitting alone. As they all sat down and ordered while V introduced everyone, Jungkook noticed the woman looked extremely sleep deprived. “So, would you please explain the problem a bit more?” V asked smoothly. Jungkook watched the woman take a sip of her drink before she answered.

 

“I know I’ll sound crazy, but when you said you dealt with this kind of stuff I just had to ask if you could help.” She said with a voice that seemed to be on the brink of tears. V nodded and asked her to continue. Jungkook felt a shiver as she spoke.

 

“I can’t sleep at night, and as of now I stay at a friends house. It started a month ago. Well, I don’t know when it started, but I know that’s when I started noticing her.”

 

“Her?” V asked, pulling out a notebook. The woman nodded.

 

“Yes. This is where I start to sound crazy,” She said with a sad laugh. “I’ll be laying in bed when I get this feeling. Like, the feeling you get when someone walks into the room after you’ve just been home alone for awhile. You feel a presence. At first I ignored it, but the feeling got so overwhelming that I got paranoid and started looking around the room, I was sure someone had to be in the room. That’s when I looked out my window. She was standing there, just standing there staring at me. She wasn’t moving. I screamed and passed out. When I woke up it was morning.” The woman paused to take a sip of coffee as she continued.

 

“I spent the whole day at my friends house who laughed and convinced me I must have had a terrible dream. I laughed too and went home after we went shopping all day. I had completely forgotten about it as I went to bed that night. Until the feeling came back. And just like that I knew. I knew before I looked that she was there. But I checked anyways. This time I didn’t black out, but instead I ran out of the house and went to my friend in tears. I have not gone back to the house since.” The woman drank the rest of her coffee before she said anything else. “So do you think you can help me?”

 

V finished what he was writing down and looked back up. “Yes. But to do that I need more info. What did the girl look like? Age and height maybe?” The girl shook her head.

 

“She looks young, younger than you three. I’m not sure if she’s tall or not...Because I forgot to mention a detail…” The woman said trailing off. V put his hand over one of hers.

 

“I’m sorry, this must be hard, but I need to know everything I can.” He said and the woman nodded.

 

“I-I sleep on the second story.” The woman said. Jungkook felt the feeling of dread that had been following him all day, only this time it came back so heavy he felt his stomach drop. If there was some weird girl outside her window, that was one thing. But outside her window on the second story? Jungkook understood why the woman had a hard time sleeping at night.

 

“What does she look like?” V asked, as of none of the information was phasing him. Jungkook wanted to see how Jimin was taking all of this, but he couldn’t see past the other side of V.

 

“She’s all black. Her hair, her dress, her...her eyes.” The woman said slowly. Jungkook shivered again and took a long sip of his drink. V wrote some more things down and thanked the woman for her time.

 

“Thank you so much. We will be in contact soon.” He told her as they all walked outside together, the woman leaving as soon as she said her goodbye. Jungkook didn’t say anything the whole way back to the dorm. ‘This cannot be happening.’ He told himself. As the boys all got off the bus, V stopped them before they went in.

 

“I plan to review my notes and decide on a date to check out the house later. Any questions?” V asked looking back and forth at the other two.

 

“Isn’t this so cool, to finally have a case to work on!?” Jimin asked excitedly to V. V smiled too and took his hand.

 

“Right?! I never thought we’d actually find one!” V said and then looked to Jungkook. “You okay? If you’re scared you can quit.” But Jungkook didn’t want to quit anymore. He felt so much dread while in the presence of that woman that he really wanted to help her.

 

“I’m fine. Just thinking about the woman. She seems so scared…” Jungkook said. V nodded.

 

“That’s why we’re going to help.” He said patting Jungkook on the back before they all headed in. Namjoon was sitting in the living room with Jin watching TV when they all walked in. Namjoon looked up happy to see Jungkook, but Jin looked terrified. He took one glance at V holding Jimin’s hand and the sad look on Jungkook’s face, and stood up; wrapping his arms around the manake.

 

“It’s okay! You’ll find someone better in no time!” Jin yelled, making everyone else look at them in confusion. ‘Ah, Jin-hyung you’re reading this situation all wrong!’ Jungkook wanted to yell, but instead of making a mess of things, he shrugged away from Jin and walked towards his room.

 

“I’ll be fine hyung, good night.” Jungkook called sitting on his bed, waiting for Namjoon. And just as he knew he would, Namjoon walked in and shut their door, taking a seat next to Jungkook.

 

“So? Tell me everything.” And so Jungkook did. Only he left out the part about him feeling scared the entire time he was sitting there with that woman. Namjoon’s eyes got wider with each detail and Jungkook couldn’t help but think his eye’s were very pretty looking tonight. “Wow. I can’t believe they’re serious about this ghost club thing.” Namjoon said after Jungkook had told him everything.

 

“It’s crazy, isn’t it?” Jungkook asked, getting up to change into different shorts. Namjoon shook his head as he watched Jungkook change.

 

“Yeah, it really is…” He answered, getting up and laying down in his own bed. Jungkook wanted to ask to sleep in his bed with him until this feeling of dread went away, but he decided to keep that question and ask another one instead.

 

“So do you believe in ghosts?” Jungkook asked sliding into his own bed as well. Namjoon thought for awhile before answering.

 

“I don’t know.” He said. Jungkook wanted to ask more, but the day's events had drained him of his energy, and his eyes fell shut.