Tea Talk

BTS Ghost Club

Jungkook’s eyes opened and the first thing he saw was Namjoon laying over top of him. “Hyung?!” Namjoon’s eyes snapped open and he sat up, hitting his head off the wall as he did.

 

“Ow! What?” He yelled at Jungkook, confused. Jungkook wanted to answer but instead he found himself in tears from laughing. This hyung… Jungkook calmed down while Namjoon recovered from smacking his head. “Are you feeling better?” Namjoon asked after a moment. Jungkook nodded. He was feeling better.

 

“What about everyone else? Are they still over there?” Jungkook asked. Namjoon shrugged.

 

“It’s pretty late now, they might have come home awhile ago.” Namjoon answered, getting up. Jungkook followed and together they left the bedroom to see if anyone had returned. “Jin?” Namjoon called out.

 

“Not here.” Jimin answered. Jungkook and Namjoon walked into the kitchen and sat at the table with Jimin. There were a few cups at the table.

 

“Is anyone else here?” Namjoon asked, motioning towards the other glasses of tea. Jimin nodded.

 

“Suga and Jhope. I think they went to the store to pick up sugar. They left a little bit ago.” Jimin said while playing with the tea bags. He looked upset. Namjoon hadn’t noticed, but Jungkook had.

 

“Where’s V and Jin?” Namjoon continued questioning Jimin as he got up and went through the fridge until he found last nights leftovers. Jimin sighed and leaned back.

 

“They both stayed at the house.”

 

“Wait, Jin knows now?” Jungkook thought he must have misheard. Sadly he hadn’t. Jimin gave a slight nod. “Was he mad?” Jungkook asked.

 

“No. He liked the idea. But after what happened with you, the rest of us decided to find out the details before we went back inside.” Jimin said taking a sip of his drink before going on. “So what actually happened? Namjoon didn’t tell us much before V made him take you home.” Jungkook thought back to earlier. What happened? He knew it was bad, he knew it was horrible. So why can’t I remember? Jimin looked a bit worried and Namjoon had also took notice of the length of time it was taking for Jungkook to answer.

 

“Do you not remember?” Namjoon asked, snapping Jungkook from his thoughts.

 

“I-I guess not.”

 

Namjoon sighed. “Maybe it was too dramatic. I think you’ll remember soon. Don’t worry about it too much.” And with a comforting pat on the back, Namjoon took his food back into the bedroom. Jimin sat, playing with the tea bags once again, and Jungkook sat there and watched. Why can’t I remember? It just happened… He was sure he knew what happened. There was the bedroom, then Namjoon left...When he came back…

 

“We’re back!” Jhope called out as him and Suga walked through the door. Jungkook lost his concentration and smiled at the couple as they made their way into the kitchen. “Me and my Suga got the sugar.” Jhope said with a wink, setting the bag on the table.

 

“You guys are so corny it hurts to be in the same room with you.” Jimin said sipping his drink. Suga ignored Jimin’s remarks and focused on the maknae.

 

“Kookie, you feel better? Head still hurt?” He asked as he scooped sugar into his tea. Jungkook smiled and nodded. “Good. So what happened?”

 

“He doesn’t remember a thing, Yoongi. Let him rest. Namjoon said he’ll remember soon.” Jimin said as he put his now empty cup into the sink and left the kitchen to his bedroom. Suga watched him leave and rolled his eyes.

 

“What’s his problem. He’s been acting weird since I woke up.” Jungkook asked. Jhope sat his tea down and sat in Jimin’s place at the table.

 

“I think him and V had a fight before we all left.” Jhope said. Suga sat next to him and nodded.

 

“What were they fighting about?”

 

“You.” Jhope said simply. Suga smacked him. “What?”

 

“Not you, just that Jimin was leaving and V was staying.” Suga said, ignoring the pout Hoseok was giving him. Jungkook understood.

 

“Does V think Jimin likes me?” Jungkook asked.

 

Suga shrugged. “Who knows. All I know is Jin makes it sound like you have a thing for Jimin.”

 

“That’s a misunderstanding. I haven't cleared that up with Jin yet…” Jungkook said. Suga and Jhope continued chatting and drinking their tea while Jungkook excused himself to go talk to Jimin. He walked down the hall and knocked lightly on the door. No one answered at first and Jungkook thought maybe he had gone to bed, but then a soft voice told him the door was unlocked. Walking in, Jungkook almost didn’t see Jimin curled up in V’s blankets.

 

“I came to say sorry...For making you and V fight.” Jimin didn’t look at Jungkook as he apologised.

 

“It’s okay. Not really your fault anyway. I think V might break up with me soon.” Jimin said slowly. Jungkook’s heart hurt a little bit.

 

“Why do you say that? Didn’t V ask you out?”

 

Jimin smiled at the memory. “Yeah...But that was the first time he didn’t say sorry or follow me. Whenever we have small fights he always calls and says sorry. He stayed with Jin at that house...Even after what happened to you. I’m sorry you got hurt.” Jimin said, finally looking up at the maknae.

 

“I’m not hurt, don’t be sorry.” Jungkook said sitting on the edge of Jhopes bed. Why did V stay there with Jin? And where were they? One glance at the clock on the wall told him it was almost eleven now. “Did they say when they were coming back?” Jungkook asked.

 

Jimin shook his head. “No. I tried calling both of them but Jin’s phone must be off and V’s not picking up. I’m a little worried to be honest.”

 

Jungkook nodded. “So am I. I think we should go back and see if they're okay.” Jungkook said. Jimin shook his head.

 

“But...Are you sure? You might...Pass out again. Can’t we send Namjoon? Or Suga?” Jimin offered. He liked that Jungkook was willing to go looking for them, but he felt Jungkook should rest before he went back to the house. After all no one knew why he had passed out yet, who knows if it would happen again.

 

Jungkook forced a smile. “Of course. But I will take Namjoon with me.” Jimin smiled back and got up.

 

“Thanks Kookie.” Jimin said, giving the maknae a hug. Jungkook smiled. It wasn’t hard to tell why V liked Jimin, he was sweet and really polite when he wanted to be. Just as they let go, the door opened and in walked V and Jhope. Jhope looked from Jungkook and Jimin to V who looked half shocked and half mad. “T-Tae...I was...I was just-”

 

“I don’t care what you were doing. I’m going to shower. Be out of my bed when I come back.” And with that V exited the room, shoving past Jhope. Jungkook looked to Jimin. Why me? Why do these things always happen to me?

 

“Jungkook? Can we talk?” Jhope asked. Jungkook nodded and followed Jhope who took him outside the dorm. “Are you crazy?! Making a move on Jimin while he’s with V?!” Jhope asked. He couldn’t believe that he’d actually seen the two hugging. Him and Suga had been in the kitchen when V and Jin walked in. Neither of them had said much besides that they were going to bed. Jhope had bid Suga goodnight and went with V to their room.

 

“This is a huge misunderstanding Hyung! I was just telling Jimin that I wanted to look for V and Jin for him and then he hugged me to say thanks!” Jungkook was yelling now. He really didn’t feel like being the reason for a break up. Exspecially Jimin’s. “Please tell V. Please Jhope?”

 

Jhope sighed and they both walked inside. Namjoon and Suga were at the table playing cards. They probably heard everything. Jungkook thought as he awkwardly made his way to his room. Jhope waited until Jungkook was gone to start talking. “So when do you think we should ask him if he remembers?” Jhope asked the other two who had started to put the cards away.

 

“Namjoon could ask him tonight.” Suga said glancing to him as he spoke. Namjoon ignored the stare and continued putting the cards into the box. “Also, what happened with the other three? Is there really a love triangle?” Suga asked Jhope who shrugged in response.

 

“Who cares. Let them work it out themselves. I’m going to bed.” And Namjoon left. Jhope sighed and hugged Suga.

 

“Love is so complicated.” He said nuzzling his face into Suga’s neck. Suga laughed and they made their way to the couch. “But not our love, right?”

 

“Right.” Suga said, placing a kiss onto Jhope’s forehead as they both laid down and closed their eyes.

 

--

 

Namjoon closed the door behind himself and sat down at the desk. Jungkook uncovered his face and watched his hyung write lyrics for awhile before saying anything. “Hyung, can you help me remember what happened? You were there too. All I remember is that you left.” Jungkook asked.

 

Namjoon stopped writing and sat his pencil down, turning to the maknae. “I left and then when I came back you said it wasn’t this room.” Namjoon waited to see if anything registered with Jungkook, but when he didn’t say anything, he continued. “I asked you why and you said because there’s no window. Then I said yes there is. When you saw the window you said something and then passed out. When you woke up you saw the window and freaked out.”

 

“What did I say before I passed out?” Jungkook asked. Namjoon shrugged.

 

“I didn’t hear all of it. Something about ‘It wasn’t there before’. Don’t worry too much about it. I think you’ll remember soon.” Namjoon said and went to his bed. For some reason those words scared Jungkook. He didn’t know why but he felt he didn’t want to remember. The more he tried the more frightened he got. Why can’t I remember?! “Are you okay?” Namjoon asked, Jungkook breaking away from his thoughts once again. “You keep staring at the window.”

 

Jungkook sat up. He hadn’t realized. A chill came through under the door and Jungkook felt he couldn’t stand to sleep alone tonight. “Hyung?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Can I sleep in your bed tonight?” Jungkook asked. Namjoon blushed and then tried to hide his smile.

 

“Sure. Bring your pillow.” Namjoon said, turning the light off. He listened in the dark as Jungkook made his way onto his bed. Jungkook laid on the edge, engulfing his body into the warm covers. Maybe tonight he could get some sleep. Namjoon left...And then… Were Jungkook’s last thoughts as he fell asleep. Namjoon however couldn’t sleep. His heart was thumping out of his chest. Not able to close his eyes, he got out of bed and his desk lamp. He ended up falling asleep writing lyrics along the lines of how it felt to fall asleep next to someone you like. And how loud heart beats can keep you up at night.

 

--

 

V tossed and turned for the millionth time. How was he supposed to sleep? After Jin had practically convinced him to break up with Jimin, he had come home to find him and Jungkook together like that. Sure Jhope had told him what had happened, but still...Wasn’t it always Jungkook? It’s not like V wanted to break up with Jimin, it just now seem like that’s what Jimin wanted. V thought back to before him and Jin had left the house. They had heard a sound, so they had gone back inside.

 

*flash back to earlier*

“Hello?” Jin called, V following close behind.

 

“Up here.” They both had turned to the stairs where they saw a girl standing at the top. She had walked away before they could ask how she got inside.

 

Jin freaked out and said they needed to leave. Something about the girl not being human and that they should come back at daylight tomorrow. They both ran back outside and decided not to tell the others.

*present*

 

V shuddered and pulled his blankets closer. Not human? V wanted to ask Jin what he meant but he was too scared to know the answer. The sound of someone sniffling made V hold his breath. Was someone else up too? Straining his eyes in the dark, he noticed Jimin was sitting up in bed wiping his eyes. “Jimin?”

 

“What.”

 

“Can I come over?” V asked. He waited for Jimin’s permission before crossing the room and sliding under Jimin’s covers. “I’m sorry.” Jimin stayed quiet. He didn’t know V was awake, otherwise he wouldn’t have cried. “Are you okay?” V asked, rubbing a hand over Jimin’s.

 

“Are you going to break up with me?” Jimin asked. Silence flooded the bedroom. The only thing you could hear were their heart beats. Jimin looked to V who looked down at the blankets. Could he really break up with Jimin? Just for Jin? Was that possible?

 

I kissed Jin V wanted to say. But he couldn’t bring himself to tell him. He squeezed Jimin’s hand. “I’m sorry. I love you Jiminie. I don’t want to break up with you.” Jimin half laughed.

 

“I love you too Taetae...I don’t like Jungkook like that.” Jimin said, laying down onto Taehyung’s chest. Jimin felt a sigh escape and then he was too tired to continue talking.

 

So when V said “I kissed Jin today.” Jimin didn’t hear him. But Jhope did.